Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I don't think there's any way or reason to just pencil Meier or Goldobin for that matter. Both need to earn it. Sharks are looking like they'll be in better shape next season.

What a nutter it'd be if they win the Cup this season and on paper, are even better for next season...

I certainly think it's possible they pencil one of them into the line up but I agree, there is no reason to.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Detroit Red Wings
@DetroitRedWings
UPDATE: The #RedWings have acquired prospect Dylan Sadowy from San Jose for a third-round draft pick in 2017.

And there's your Sadowy news. I really hope the Sharks don't regret letting him go.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm still a bit skeptical that's the case but we will probably never know.

We might hear something if Sadowy becomes a decent NHL player and people start doing life stories on how he got there. I'm just gonna selfishly hope that doesn't happen and he has to play in Europe somewhere.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I'm still a bit skeptical that's the case but we will probably never know.

It's really confusing. I mean, the Sharks signed Jon Martin, that contract slot could have easily gone to Sadowy. I still think that character issues were a concern.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It's really confusing. I mean, the Sharks signed Jon Martin, that contract slot could have easily gone to Sadowy. I still think that character issues were a concern.

There are at least 1/2 dozen forwards on the Sharks prospect list with a higher ceiling, and that doesn't count guys like Sorensen, IMHO

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
There are at least 1/2 dozen forwards on the Sharks prospect list with a higher ceiling, and that doesn't count guys like Sorensen, IMHO

I see it the same way. I don't think it's a huge loss. It's just a different situation, and makes you wonder what he did, or didn't do that made the Sharks decide to part ways.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I see it the same way. I don't think it's a huge loss. It's just a different situation, and makes you wonder what he did, or didn't do that made the Sharks decide to part ways.

He would have been between 5-7 (probably 4 or 5 among forwards) on my list and generally speaking, guys who score the way Sadowy did in the OHL are worth signing regardless of what your prospect pool looks like, at least in my opinion.

What ever the reason is was moved, it'll be interesting to watch how he does in Detroit.

Last edited:

SYF

Wings fan here. You need draft picks. That's why Wilson made this deal. Count how many draft picks Wilson gave up for the next foreseeable future to build this current roster. I seriously doubt character issues were a problem.

Peace, gents. Congrats on the SCFs.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Wings fan here. You need draft picks. That's why Wilson made this deal. Count how many draft picks Wilson gave up for the next foreseeable future to build this current roster. I seriously doubt character issues were a problem.

Peace, gents. Congrats on the SCFs.

I feel very, very confident they were. Why else would Wilson trade a 20 year old 3rd round pick who was progressing very well for... a new 3rd round pick?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I feel very, very confident they were. Why else would Wilson trade a 20 year old 3rd round pick who was progressing very well for... a new 3rd round pick?

That reminds me :naughty:

Dylan Sadowy is Dylan Sadowy, but a third round pick could be anything!

It could even be another Dylan Sadowy! You know how much we've wanted one of those!

So lets just ta-

We'll take the 3rd round pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad