Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
London has no answer for the Perron line!

Grade A chances for both teams stymied by great goaltending.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
What a play by Tkachuk to win that! Dvorak may get credit for that goal.

The Huskies played a great game & ran into a goalie on top of his game.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm honestly really annoyed and I literally don't give a crap about CHL hockey. Toronto fanboys are going to be squealing about Marner for years even though he was really bad by his standards in this game. Tkachuk did everything.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm honestly really annoyed and I literally don't give a crap about CHL hockey. Toronto fanboys are going to be squealing about Marner for years even though he was really bad by his standards in this game. Tkachuk did everything.

Marner had an unreal tournament even if he wasn't far & away the best player on the ice in this game like he was in the others, he deserves the MVP.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Game ends shortly after I tune in...sorry

giphy.gif

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Can we please have an update on Timo?

Some of our posters who wern't in favor of the Timo pick said they want to see how he does against the best of the best (Ie the Memorial Cup). How did he go? Where does he stand in your minds now?

Serious question, I didn't watch any of it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Some of our posters who wern't in favor of the Timo pick said they want to see how he does against the best of the best (Ie the Memorial Cup). How did he go? Where does he stand in your minds now?

He did pretty good from what I saw but his play against men will be the next question to answer. I think he's proven all he can at the junior level.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

For me, Meier was pretty meh after the 1st round of the Q playoffs.

I thought he was mostly good (he was great in 2 games, pretty good in the others) in the Memorial Cup where he used the assets that made the Sharks take him in the top 10...his size, strength, elite shot & underrated playmaking abilities.

As for what my opinion of him now vs. when he was drafted...it hasn't changed too much though I've been impressed with the improvement of his passing / playmaking abilities and while I don't think his skating is high end he showed some elite edge work and balance throughout the tournament which was great to see.

He's always been a "hard worker" so to see him improve in areas that needed improvement is obviously a great sign.

The next step for him will be how he does when he's not the biggest, strongest guy on the ice.

Last edited:

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Looks like the perfect Shark.

Can skate, shoot and pass.

Uses large body well.

Uses size to absorb hits.

Huge sponge

Yep, pretty much ideal.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Man, with Meier and Goldobin waiting in the wings, our team next season could be shaping up better than this season.

If Meier and/or Goldobin don't make the NHL, then they'll get some more seasoning in the AHL. Good situation for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad