Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Here's another great one by Chartier, more so for the puckmovement.

Pads of Irbe

Nov 26, 2014
Jevpalovs will play at exhibition game vs Norway today. Chances to make Latvia's roster looks good for him, there is only 15 forwards left at the training camp, including him and 2 other prospects (Rodrigo Abols (KHL) and Edgars Kulda (Coyotes prospect).

Last edited:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
If Eichel (and I guess O'Regan) return to BU they'll be wearing A's.

Boston Hockey Blog @BOShockeyblog
Next year's assistant captains are Danny O'Regan, Matt Lane and Jack Eichel.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Everett and Portland heading to OT, tied 1-1

Edit: Portland (Schoenborn) won. Now lead series 3-1

Last edited:

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Labanc had 2 goals and 3 points, but it doesn't matter as Barrie lost 7-5 and is now eliminated from playoffs. On the brightside, the Woo is gonna have one helluva lineup for the Calder playoffs

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
On a sidenote, why isn't Boudreau playing in Worcester? Is it because he isn't signed?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
You think Labanc will go to Worcester? Kinda bummed Jevpalovs isn't joining the Woo. With Coetzee and McCarthy hurt, they could use some forward depth. They're pretty stacked on D.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
You think Labanc will go to Worcester? Kinda bummed Jevpalovs isn't joining the Woo. With Coetzee and McCarthy hurt, they could use some forward depth. They're pretty stacked on D.

We have 14 forwards that can play right now (I'm excluding Bonneau because unless all hell breaks loose he isn't playing) with McCarthy and Langlois potentially back for next weekend. If Labanc is assigned he's likely not getting into any games.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
We have 14 forwards that can play right now (I'm excluding Bonneau because unless all hell breaks loose he isn't playing) with McCarthy and Langlois potentially back for next weekend. If Labanc is assigned he's likely not getting into any games.

What about the echl? Is that still a viable option?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Down to WHL focus.

Chartier/Kelowna waiting for round 3 opponent.

And Schoenborn potentially advancing to 3rd round tomorrow.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
What about the echl? Is that still a viable option?

In my opinion, no. It wouldn't be a bad idea to assign him to Worcester to be around the team for the playoff run but I don't think the ECHL would be good for Lebanc with the way he plays.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
OK, someone smarter than me on ECHL playoff roster rules says Leblanc is eligible for the ECHL playoffs, but it would require Allen to be under 16 available skaters and every other player on their reserve and recall lists to be unavailable.

If Leblanc had a signed NHL contract he would not be eligible.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrho...arrie--ohl-post-game-questions-221425781.html

Reviewing Barrie's season, Labanc's future
Who would have imagined Colts' 100-point scorer Kevin Labanc going 8⅔ games before scoring in the playoffs? Even with a 19-year-old, there is often no predictng when someone might hit a wall. Labanc, a San Jose Sharks sixth-rounder who didn't reach Ontario's legal drinking age until Dec. 12, played a lot this season. He finally broke out Saturday with two goals during a third-period comeback, but it's entirely plausible to survey the Staten Island, N.Y. native's output and give some consideration to possible fatigue.

The Sharks organization reaped a reward this season from free-agent signing Barclay Goodrow, who benefited from playing his overage season. Labanc would be in his age-18 year if he was three weeks younger. Teams typically expect a late-birthday 20-year-old to turn pro if ready, but this is case where an overage year is intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad