Pre-Game Talk: Sharks in the SENS Den, Friday 7:30 pm on TSN

kenempa

May 10, 2017
Chlapik reassigned to Belleville................................................

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Chlapik reassigned to Belleville................................................
If he is to play 8 or 9 min. I would rather see him down playing more.

Obviously he should be playing more here.. but he wasn't. At least he isn't kept in the press box.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Its wild how he's repeating every mistake he made in Tampa. For a guy who has so much education, he isn't great at learning.

He's great at learning from books, but he blows at learning from his own mistakes, and he sucks at introspection.

Always justifying everything...

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
If he is to play 8 or 9 min. I would rather see him down playing more.

Obviously he should be playing more here.. but he wasn't. At least he isn't kept in the press box.

Not sure that's gonna happen in Belleville where the team's leading goal scorer and all-star plays on the 4th line while the top line consists of McCormick, Jimmy O'Brien, and Tyler Randell. The same Jimmy O'Brien who doesn't even have a two way contract. The whole organization is in dire need of a complete overhaul.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
He's great at learning from books, but he blows at learning from his own mistakes, and he sucks at introspection.

Always justifying everything...

But i mean, IF Bobby score.. it is 2-1 at the end.
IF EK score it's 2-1
IF....
IF....
IF....

How many IF can Detroit say with all the breakaway we let them have?...

Reactions: Sensinitis

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Not sure that's gonna happen in Belleville where the team's leading goal scorer and all-star plays on the 4th line while the top line consists of McCormick, Jimmy O'Brien, and Tyler Randell. The same Jimmy O'Brien who doesn't even have a two way contract. The whole organization is in dire need of a complete overhaul.

Agree, It is sad at this point. :(
But at least he play the PP there i think..

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Why Guy Boucher Needed to Be Fired (And Why It Should Have Happened Sooner)

Read this.

It is literally the exact, exact, exact situation we are in, and the exact same things going on.

If you change the date of the article and team to the Sens it is the exact same and makes total sense.

Yeah, and I just read it, but isn't this mostly the same story for every coach that gets canned? If you get canned you aren't winning, and these are usually the issues behind not winning. If you replaced Guy Boucher with Paul Maclean, Clouston, Paddock in this article, would it ring true? Minus the 1-3-1 stuff, I think so.

Anyway, I've flipped my stance on Boucher. They should fire him at seasons end and put him out of his misery.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

To quote the great Jacobim Mugatu, I feel like im taking crazy pills!

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Joe Thornton's severed beard will get more points than our combined team tonight.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Unfortunately, I really don't think Dorion or Melnyk is going to fire him.
Don't fire him, turn him in to an associate working under Crawford or if that's outside his contract language then change Crawford's title to President of Hockey Coaching (whatever) with Guy Boucher reporting directly to him. He'll either step in line or quit. He quits and Euge doesn't have to pay.

I seriously don't believe Crawford wouldn't play the kids and move to a more offensive system. His first move as the PP coach was to move Chabot on to the first unit.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's pretty typical for teams to carry 7 dmen, particularly on road trips. If they were to call up Jaros, he'd probably rotate in and Claesson and Boro would likely get nights off. Perhaps Chabot considering Boucher's usage of him.

Team almost always call up players to give them some NHL experience when the season is a lost hope. There is value in exposing players to the next level even if only for a handful of games. Jaros has earned that privilege imo.

Yes, but as of today, they have 7 D men on the Sens roster, and when Boro returns, that would make 8.

Therefore to call up Jaros, for a look see, they would likley send down Harpur ....... but I doubt they feel Jaros has passed Harpur on the Depth chart....... so I don't see that happening.

Now if they move out a D man, at the TD, then perhaps Jaros is brought up, to keep the D men number at 7.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Yes, but as of today, they have 7 D men on the Sens roster, and when Boro returns, that would make 8.

Therefore to call up Jaros, for a look see, they would likley send down Harpur ....... but I doubt they feel Jaros has passed Harpur on the Depth chart....... so I don't see that happening.

Now if they move out a D man, at the TD, then perhaps Jaros is brought up, to keep the D men number at 7.

I tend to agree with you here. Chabot and Harpur are the guys who should be integrated into this lineup this season. Jaros is still in his first pro season in North America and has been injured for parts of this year. Jaros is the perfect example of a guy who would benefit from a full pro season in the AHL. Injuries do happen and Jaros could still very well get his shot. Realistically, the only guy Boucher seems comfortable with scratching on a nightly basis is Claesson, other than that, it doesn't look like anyone from Oduya, EK, Ceci, Phaneuf, Boro will ever be scratched. In GB's world, there is no room for a third young guy.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
They're on a back to back, hope we get a tired team tonight and get the win. We do have pts. in 2 of our last 3 so that's something positive.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
At this point, we should just keep Guy Boucher to ensure we get a bottom 3 pick and send him packing in the summer. Bonus, we don't have to pay a second coach this season to replace him which means the hot water might be turned back on in the CTC men's bathrooms.

I think there's something to be said for the long term ramifications of a losing environment, but we're not even playing our young guys up here anyways, and we're apparently open to trading everybody but Karlsson and Stone, so there might be a reasonable opportunity to start fresh next season.

Pierre Dorion not firing Boucher at this point, there are only three logical reasons
1-Pierre Dorion is nuts, or does not want to look bad for claiming him when hiring Boucher that he and Boucher might look back in a few years laughing about how many Cups they won. (That might be an acid flashback that never happened)

2-Team GM Mr.Melnyk is not allowing Pierre Dorion to pay another coach.

3-Pierre Dorion knows a coaching change could spark the team, and understanding the value of possibly finishing low enough to have a shot at an elite talent, isn't going to do that at this point.

Oh, it could be a combination of 2 and 3...who knows.

Whether or not Boucher is a good coach is irrelevant right now. Good coaches lose the room. Good coaches fail. Wrong place, wrong time or not. The guy should be done in Ottawa. I can't fathom he can turn it around here short of the Senators trading almost everybody and starting fresh, but even then it'd be a struggle because Boucher would refuse to play the young guys who'd be needed to fill spots after such a sea change.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boucher has his stripes... the only way that will change here is for Dorion to have a plan which involves graduating some of the young guys.. So far we see Dorion in step with Boucher ... Both of them need to go

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, and I just read it, but isn't this mostly the same story for every coach that gets canned? If you get canned you aren't winning, and these are usually the issues behind not winning. If you replaced Guy Boucher with Paul Maclean, Clouston, Paddock in this article, would it ring true? Minus the 1-3-1 stuff, I think so.

Anyway, I've flipped my stance on Boucher. They should fire him at seasons end and put him out of his misery.
You mean put us out of our misery. And no Boucher is more stubborn than any of those coaches. He is truly something else.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It's pretty typical for teams to carry 7 dmen, particularly on road trips. If they were to call up Jaros, he'd probably rotate in and Claesson and Boro would likely get nights off. Perhaps Chabot considering Boucher's usage of him.

Team almost always call up players to give them some NHL experience when the season is a lost hope. There is value in exposing players to the next level even if only for a handful of games. Jaros has earned that privilege imo.
Agree

Its NOT like Jarros can do worst then that D-corp
And sitting vets that DID’NT deliver a thing , are mailing it and dont put the effort can serve as wake up call
Who cares if Ceci sits or Oduya or Phaneuf?
What can happen?
We lose 7-0 instead of 5-0 lol??
So what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad