Pre-Game Talk: Sharks in the SENS Den, Friday 7:30 pm on TSN

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Dorion should just make a deal with Boucher:

Play some of the young talented players I've drafted right now or I will never again sign a single grinder who played for you in 2006!!

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

Reactions: StoneHoffs129

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Biggest red flag here is that Chabot will be the one sent back to Belleville when Boro returns, we all know that's coming, barring another injury or trade of course. Boucher and Dorion are gonna ruin these young guys.

So sending a Rookie back to the AHL to play 25 minutes plus, in all situations, instead of sitting in the pressbox, and if he gets in a game once in a while and plays maybe 15 mins, is going to ruin him?

Can you elaborate?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It’ll be good to see Joe Thornton’s new beard. Nazem Kadri is such a pest, Ottawa needs 1-2 players like him. I find our team emotionless at times.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
That was certainly a necessary first step, but if memory serves, we had to send Harpur back to the minors before Boucher would put Chabot in the lineup.

Well perhaps Chabot has passed Hapur on the Depth chart.......... but that was not the case at the beginning of the season.

So who would you send back to the AHL, if there are enough Healthy D man to fill a game day roster, and leaving one D man sitting in the pressbox?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So sending a Rookie back to the AHL to play 25 minutes plus, in all situations, instead of sitting in the pressbox, and if he gets in a game once in a while and plays maybe 15 mins, is going to ruin him?

Can you elaborate?

Pretty sure when he said Boucher and Dorion, it was reference to Boucher refusing to play Chabot.

Chabot should probably be playing every night, and getting close to 20 mins. He's been playing better than of Oduya, those mins plus some PP time probably should be going to him in what's become a write-off of a season.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Be nice to see them deal Oduya sooner rather then later just to open up a spot. Want to see Jaros here.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Pretty sure when he said Boucher and Dorion, it was reference to Boucher refusing to play Chabot.

Chabot should probably be playing every night, and getting close to 20 mins. He's been playing better than of Oduya, those mins plus some PP time probably should be going to him in what's become a write-off of a season.

That may happen, if the Sens trade a D man at the deadline, and opening up a regular spot for Chabot ............. But there is no use in sitting a D man in the Pressbox, when you have the ability to send down Chabot, to play, and recall him when needed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well perhaps Chabot has passed Hapur on the Depth chart.......... but that was not the case at the beginning of the season.

So who would you send back to the AHL, if there are enough Healthy D man to fill a game day roster, and leaving one D man sitting in the pressbox?

Oduya has no future with the team, he's best served as a healthy scratch or waived.

Chabot, Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf, Claesson, Boro, Harpur is probably what I'd run with as our top 7, though Harpur down in the AHL wouldn`t be the end of the world rather than seeing him in the press box.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Be nice to see them deal Oduya sooner rather then later just to open up a spot. Want to see Jaros here.

Again, when Boro is ready to play, they will have 6 healthy d men, and I don't see Boucher playing 7 D in too many more game this season........... so why would they call up Jaros, to sit?

Rather than making him sit, leave him in the AHL playing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Harpur had a bad camp actually. Chabot did not. Harpur did play well when called up though.

As for where they were on the depth chart, Boucher's insistence on considering Chabot a RD makes it hard to tell where they were relative to one another. Harpur was seen as a LD, and thus competing with Boro and Claesson. Chabot was competing with Wideman.

Reactions: Back in Black

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It’ll be good to see Joe Thornton’s new beard. Nazem Kadri is such a pest, Ottawa needs 1-2 players like him. I find our team emotionless at times.
No Ottawa needs players to beat the crap out of that punk so they don't exist anymore. He needs so many lessons.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Again, when Boro is ready to play, they will have 6 healthy d men, and I don't see Boucher playing 7 D in too many more game this season........... so why would they call up Jaros, to sit?

Rather than making him sit, leave him in the AHL playing.

It's pretty typical for teams to carry 7 dmen, particularly on road trips. If they were to call up Jaros, he'd probably rotate in and Claesson and Boro would likely get nights off. Perhaps Chabot considering Boucher's usage of him.

Team almost always call up players to give them some NHL experience when the season is a lost hope. There is value in exposing players to the next level even if only for a handful of games. Jaros has earned that privilege imo.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Thornton was an emotional basket case against the Leafs. He can be goaded into fighting and thus being off the ice, and we should take advantage of this. Make him fight against one of our lesser lights then take the 2:00 power play and score on the Sharks. Sharks are a better team, or should be, but are on a back to back so let's beat this underachieving franchise.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Thornton was an emotional basket case against the Leafs. He can be goaded into fighting and thus being off the ice, and we should take advantage of this. Make him fight against one of our lesser lights then take the 2:00 power play and score on the Sharks. Sharks are a better team, or should be, but are on a back to back so let's beat this underachieving franchise.
What is score on the power play?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
That may happen, if the Sens trade a D man at the deadline, and opening up a regular spot for Chabot ............. But there is no use in sitting a D man in the Pressbox, when you have the ability to send down Chabot, to play, and recall him when needed.

You can send Oduya down, really no threat of him not clearing waivers.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Boucher : Smithy coming in is a guy we absolutely need to score more goal

Bring out Chlapik, keep blackhole Burrows and Dumont...

Logic Guy Logic.

Oh and btw i think i never heard a coach using the the IF that happened, then it is a different game as much as him.

It seems that the good team are converting on the IF while the Sens are not. It's excuses at this point.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad