GDT: Sharks @ Ducks - 7:30 PM PT - super-late uninspiring play edition

Favorite Carlyle post game excuse

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Also, why did the NHL give us San Jose? I mean, we're built to beat the Kings. Isn't that how it works?

Reactions: Paul4587

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Montour has really stepped up... kase and silf have been our best forwards.

And lindholm and gibson by far our best players.

Getz kesler perry cogs ritchie vermette have been absolute garbage

Henrique rakell and brown have been okay...
Why is getzlaf on the point on the powerplay what does lindholm have to do for RC to take him serious

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
They can be negatively effected by being put in a situation they aren't ready for . I get it Bieksa sucks and Vermette sucks but come on don't throw them into such big games when they have so little NHL experience. I am not the only one who thinks like this so many coaches do as well.
Even if they are in for 1 game, it's not going to ruin them or effect them in a negative way at all unless they get Torres'ed through the glass. I think you're going waaaaaaaay overboard with how bad it would be. Like I said, we are talking about 20 something year olds, not 10 year olds. If they can't handle an NHL game at this point in their career, then they aren't cut out for professional sports.

Ryan Donato played for Boston in Game 2, I don't think he's suddenly ruined because he made his NHL playoff debut at the age of 22.

And yes, many coaches do think that way - many of them are now out of the NHL or very close to being out of the NHL. And there's a reason for that.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Even if they are in for 1 game, it's not going to ruin them or effect them in a negative way at all unless they get Torres'ed through the glass. I think you're going waaaaaaaay overboard with how bad it would be. Like I said, we are talking about 20 something year olds, not 10 year olds. If they can't handle an NHL game at this point in their career, then they aren't cut out for professional sports.

Ryan Donato played for Boston in Game 2, I don't think he's suddenly ruined because he made his NHL playoff debut at the age of 22.

And yes, many coaches do think that way - many of them are now out of the NHL or very close to being out of the NHL. And there's a reason for that.

The difference I see is Donato is going onto a team that has shown dominance over the other team, I'm not sure what their reason is for bringing him in, but it seems like it's to help him. While on the other hand bringing in Roy or Terry or whoever to me seems like we are bringing them up to save us. That's going to put a lot of unneeded pressure on them. It just doesn't seem worth it to me, but I also don't have a lot of hopes for most of our older forward prospects to be impact NHLers at all so I rather keep what we have (better the devil you know).

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Perry and Ritchie cost us a chance to fight back with their incredibly stupid penalties. Bieksa cost us a Sharks goal at the worst time. Those are my three negative stars for the game.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Not the biggest fan of Carlyle, but he did insert Pettersson in to the lineup instead of veteran Holzer.

Edit:
Game 2 reaction
ducks hockey 2.jpg

Reactions: Mortal Wombat
Oct 18, 2011
By my count we have 10 goals vs the Sharks this year. At some point you have to come up with new tactics.

The sharks basically depend on mistaks to beat you. As we all know the ducks frequently make them. Also you CANNOT play this bullshit collapse defense when Burns is on the ice.

The other years when we were down 2-0 I thought our team was good enough to come back...not this one. Too old, too slow, and too dependent on the goalie having to mask all the holes we've seen all season.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Dump and chase doesn't work like it used to, that includes on the powerplay.

Tokioduck

May 31, 2007
I am tired of watching Perry does his stupid things repeatedly, every year in the playoffs. He needs to show his emotions through his plays. He needs to grow up, step up and not f*** up.

When was the last time he had a good series? Back in Detroit series whe Getz was so dominant? I seriously cannot remember.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Montour has really stepped up... kase and silf have been our best forwards.

And lindholm and gibson by far our best players.

Getz kesler perry cogs ritchie vermette have been absolute garbage

Henrique rakell and brown have been okay...
Why is getzlaf on the point on the powerplay what does lindholm have to do for RC to take him serious

Wear a Fowler jersey.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Also, why did the NHL give us San Jose? I mean, we're built to beat the Kings. Isn't that how it works?

Why prolong the inevitable? Better to lose like this in Round 1 than later. This team isn't beating any of NSH/WPG/VGK in a series. At least this way it puts more pressure on ownership to make serious changes.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
How is Eakins in SanDiego anyway? There would be a lot of satisfaction if he came up and we did well just to jam that in Oilers fans faces haha. Not that we should hire a coach for that reason lol.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
there's no way BM fires carlyle after this season

they'll use the injuries excuse to keep him on for at least another season
I could see that if we had missed the playoffs, but we made it. We are pretty much healthy (we didn't have Fowler last season for round 1 and still beat Calgary), RC is just getting outcoached and the team is getting outplayed in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad