GDT: Sharks @ Canucks, 7pm

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
''A Brent Burns nutcracker, who wouldn't want that?''

I don't think I would, sounds pretty painful.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Markstrom has the rebound control of a pitch back.
He looks like a transformers character.

If you ever seen him out of that mountain of pads, dude is a little skinny beanpole. He's like 6 foot 6 and I don't even think he weighs 200 pounds. I remember him being 181 or something a couple years ago.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
this is not even men vs boys, presumably boys would be skating and playing hockey.
this is like humans vs pylons. guys are ****ing asleep.

It's NHL vs AHL just that the AHL team is dominating the NHL team. I know it's back to back but come on. Canucks are a bad team and on top of it they're missing pretty much all of their top guys except the Sedins, Boeser and Edler. They're minus Baerschi, Horvat, Sutter, Dorsett, Tanev and Gudbranson.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
scorenson
1394505341634_zpsb9b7cc29.gif

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Sorenson is pretty much the ideal current NHL fourth liner. Fast, plays physical, and doesn't have bricks for hands.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Lines I'd like to see:

Joe - Joe - LaBanc
Hertl - Cooch - Hansen (yea, flame me. He's a faster Melker)
Timo-Tierney-Donskoi
Sorenson-Goodrow-Melker
Or the same with swapping goodrow and Hansen. I've really been impressed with goodrow this year.

Wardo has been better this year, but I'd like to see some young guys in there. Same with Boedker. Their cap hit doesn't necessarily match their performance when we have so many good bottom six guys.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Good thing we signed him to a long-term $7M contract!
To be honest, besides that phenomenal playoff performance when we went to the final, he hasn't looked the same since that Boll elbow to the head. I mean, not saying he's bad, but he definitely doesn't seem to be mentally firing on all cylinders since that.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Yeah, that one is going to go badly for us. I really think we would be best off trying to maximize his value ASAP.

The best thing this franchise could do is trade Vlasic right now. However, there is absolutely zero reason to believe it’ll happen. DW gave him that contract and claimed that he expects Vlasic to be even better. By the time he realizes that Vlasic isn’t nearly as good as he used to be, that contract will be untradeable . We all gave Vlasic a pass for last season, claiming he must have been injured and it was all Braun’s fault and he was playing insanely tough matchups. I’m done making excuses for him. He’s still playing like crap.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The best thing this franchise could do is trade Vlasic right now. However, there is absolutely zero reason to believe it’ll happen. DW gave him that contract and claimed that he expects Vlasic to be even better. By the time he realizes that Vlasic isn’t nearly as good as he used to be, that contract will be untradeable . We all gave Vlasic a pass for last season, claiming he must have been injured and it was all Braun’s fault and he was playing insanely tough matchups. I’m done making excuses for him. He’s still playing like crap.

It's funny cause I think Braun has actually been pretty solid this year, even though his advanced stats look downright awful.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Sorenson is pretty much the ideal current NHL fourth liner. Fast, plays physical, and doesn't have bricks for hands.

I agree.

Since 2007-2008, Vlasic is 11th amongst NHL players with 2000+ minutes played in XGF%, with 56.18%.

This year, he is 15th amongst his own teammates with 51.51%. (-1.82% XGF rel)

Also, Sorensen!

Shot based stats are about as useless as Melker Karlsson with the Joe's.

Vlasic and Braun are a team high +9 despite taking the touchest matchups and defensive zone draws for the other defensemen. With those kind of numbers I don't give a f*** about the shot +/- when they're on the ice. Despite his injury, Vlasic is also able to sustain his usual scoring pace up to that point. He's doing just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad