GDT: Sharks @ Canucks, 7pm

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Getting a point is decent.

f*** the schedule makers btw. Either 4 nights between games or back to backs. How about some games every other night to allow the team to get some sort of rhythm.

Hope Couture is okay. Stupid hit by a useless player.

Reactions: Phu and PackShark

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I would like to know what deboer thinks Pavs is doing that warrants playing him 24 minutes on nights like tonight. He’s not creating chances, or getting shots, he’s turning the pucks over constantly and is becoming more of a liability.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I would like to know what deboer thinks Pavs is doing that warrants playing him 24 minutes on nights like tonight. He’s not creating chances, or getting shots, he’s turning the pucks over constantly and is becoming more of a liability.

I definitely agree. Although I'm sure some of that has to do with Couture being out for a good chunk of the game today...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I definitely agree. Although I'm sure some of that has to do with Couture being out for a good chunk of the game today...
I wouldn’t have brought it up but it happened against Minnesota as well. So it can’t just be because of couture’s injury.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I wouldn’t have brought it up but it happened against Minnesota as well. So it can’t just be because of couture’s injury.

Right, I agree. I was just saying that it was even more absurd than in previous games because of Couture's injury.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
(Numbers have been gathered by me and are prone to human error.)

The Sharks play 14 back to backs this year.
The Kings play 12 back to backs this year.
The Golden Knights, play 10 back to backs this year.
The Ducks play 9 back to backs this year.
The Coyotes play 12 back to backs this year.

The Sharks play 11 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.
The Kings play 21 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.
The Golden Knights play 12 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.
The Ducks play 14 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.
The Coyotes play 15 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.

The Sharks have a -3 differential in back to backs
The Kings are +9
The Golden Knights are +2
The Ducks are +5
The Coyotes are +3

By December 6, the LA Kings had already played as many opponents on their second half of back to backs as we will play against in the full season.

I'm not going to bother looking at every single team in the NHL because that would take too long and I'm guessing the main argument against the idea that our schedule is unfairly balanced is that we are on the West Coast and it is to be expected that West Coast teams will have to play more back to backs for whatever reason, but these numbers are pretty damning. I don't think this was done on purpose, but it reflects really poorly on the schedule makers.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Two games in a row where they came out looking tired and it really cost them tonight. The defensive failures were ugly. I think they said last night that Couture has ~17% of the Sharks' total goals this season. Hopefully the injury ends up being minor.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Dillon didn't say much substantial in his intermission interview other than that the Sharks should've been more ready and he likes Jones as a goalie.

Oh, and no SNOG.

SNOGLossFail.JPG

#Date / OpponentSNOG Winner(s)Result
1Oct. 4 vs FlyersnoneFlyers 5-3
2Oct. 7 vs KingshohosaregoodKings 4-1
3 Oct. 12 vs Sabres CanadianSharks, PopaneNightscare Sharks 3-2
4Oct. 14 vs IslandersnoneIslanders 3-1
5Oct. 17 vs CanadiensnoneSharks 5-2
6Oct. 20 at DevilsnoneSharks 3-0
7Oct. 21 at IslandersnoneIslanders 5-3
8Oct. 23 at RangersnoneSharks 4-1
9Oct. 26 at BruinsnoneBruins 2-1
10Oct. 28 at SabresnoneSharks 3-2
11Oct. 30 vs Maple LeafsDrFeelgoodSharks 3-2
12Nov. 1 vs PredatorsspintheblackcircleSharks 4-1
13Nov. 4 vs DucksRockyMTNSharkSharks 2-1 SO
14Nov. 8 vs LightningAnomie2029Lightning 5-1
15Nov. 11 vs CanucksnoneSharks 5-0
16Nov. 12 at KingsstatorSharks 2-1
17Nov. 16 vs PanthersnonePanthers 2-0
18Nov. 18 vs BruinsPackShark, rangerssharks414Bruins 3-1
19Nov. 20 vs DucksnoneDucks 3-2 SO
20Nov. 22 vs CoyotesnoneSharks 3-1
21Nov. 24 at Golden KnightsnoneGolden Knights 5-4 OT
22Nov. 25 vs JetsBizzSharks 4-0
23Nov. 28 at FlyersPackSharkSharks 3-1
24Dec. 1 at PanthersMunnyroSharks 2-1
25Dec. 2 at LightningnoneLightning 5-2
26Dec. 4 at CapitalsnoneCapitals 4-1
27Dec. 7 vs HurricanesnoneSharks 5-4 OT
28Dec. 9 vs Senatorsshorkie88Sharks 5-0
29Dec. 10 vs WildnoneWild 4-3 OT
30Dec. 14 at Flamesdo0glas, socalsharksfanSharks 3-2
31Dec. 15 at CanucksnoneCanucks 4-3 OT
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank2017-18 SNOG standings# of SNOGs
1.PackShark 2
T-2.Anomie2029, Bizz, CanadianSharks, do0glas, DrFeelgood, hohosaregood, Munnyro, PopaneNightscare, rangerssharks414, RockyMTNShark, shorkie88, socalsharksfan, spintheblackcircle, stator 1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
(Numbers have been gathered by me and are prone to human error.)

The Sharks play 14 back to backs this year.
The Kings play 12 back to backs this year.
The Golden Knights, play 10 back to backs this year.
The Ducks play 9 back to backs this year.
The Coyotes play 12 back to backs this year.

The Sharks play 11 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.
The Kings play 21 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.
The Golden Knights play 12 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.
The Ducks play 14 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.
The Coyotes play 15 opponents on their second half of back to backs this year.

The Sharks have a -3 differential in back to backs
The Kings are +9
The Golden Knights are +2
The Ducks are +5
The Coyotes are +3

By December 6, the LA Kings had already played as many opponents on their second half of back to backs as we will play against in the full season.

I'm not going to bother looking at every single team in the NHL because that would take too long and I'm guessing the main argument against the idea that our schedule is unfairly balanced is that we are on the West Coast and it is to be expected that West Coast teams will have to play more back to backs for whatever reason, but these numbers are pretty damning. I don't think this was done on purpose, but it reflects really poorly on the schedule makers.

Thanks for compiling all of that. If anyone has that amount of time, they should definitely double-check though, especially if the plan is a future HFS Article. Just quickly looking over Anaheim and LA, Anaheim actually plays 11 back-to-backs and LA 13. Sharks are right with 14. Assuming you used the team's calendars on their websites, you have to remember to consider Saturday and Sunday games (aren't right next to each other).

It's really that second category that I'm interested in (How many teams on their 2nd half play the Kings/Ducks/Sharks), but that understandably takes a lot more work.
Makes sense with the proximity of LA/Anaheim, but it really does seem like an east coast team plays SJ and LA on a back-to-back, then gets a day-off before Anaheim. It really should be LA/Anaheim back-to-back for convenience.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Two games in a row where they came out looking tired and it really cost them tonight. The defensive failures were ugly. I think they said last night that Couture has ~17% of the Sharks' total goals this season. Hopefully the injury ends up being minor.
It was almost 20 % before the game. Probably closer to 17 after the 3 goals scored.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
18.5 and now a little under 18%. Looks like that might be 7th in the league behind Kucherov, Ovechkin, Evander Kane, Monahan, Boeser, and Pastrnak.
I preface this with the fact I really suck at math, but if they had fewer than 100 goals going into the game and they scored 3 without Couture getting one, shouldn't that take his percentage of goals down at least 3 percent?

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I preface this with the fact I really suck at math, but if they had fewer than 100 goals going into the game and they scored 3 without Couture getting one, shouldn't that take his percentage of goals down at least 3 percent?

Heh, nah. That's only if you subtract 3 from the numerator instead of adding 3 to the denominator.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Can't believe that boeser kid has as many points as matthews did at this point. He looked like nothing out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad