OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
e0d3bcfb-d59f-4154-8ae3-06c0b5a7b3d4.gif

Monday - Wednesday nasty coastal storm. As has been typical this year, not a lot of cold air around. Everything would have to go right (or wrong) for it to be snow or mostly snow here on the island. More than likely a cold, wind whipped driving rain, but still a chance (1/10) for a high impact snow event as it stands right now.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
View attachment 666546

Monday - Wednesday nasty coastal storm. As has been typical this year, not a lot of cold air around. Everything would have to go right (or wrong) for it to be snow or mostly snow here on the island. More than likely a cold, wind whipped driving rain, but still a chance (1/10) for a high impact snow event as it stands right now.
What is the SF Bay Area looking at for the next 7 days? I’m supposed to be in San Jose for the game next week. I hear they’re currently getting some fierce storms.

BarzyWally33

Nov 28, 2022
Looks like all rain to a transition to all snow. The question would be when that occurs and how much cold air is in place for a nice snow event.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Luckily for us we were pushed up to tomorrow :thumbu:

I follow a few weather guys on social media they were saying the euro still saying we get hit hard.
Good luck! Good move too...Yes it is still a possibility for sure, some model solutions are...eye popping....euro and NAM bury us. I'd like to see the latest US model before going to bread and milk level hysteria
namconus_ref_frzn_neus_fh30-78.gif

Last edited:

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Dangerous Plumes of Smoke turning Long Island, Islander Orange. Stay Healthy all!
G16_sector_ne_band02_12fr_20230607-1442.gif

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Sounds brutal. We get tons of smoke in summer coming from California when they have massive wildfires. They don't manage their forests well- I know shocking that CA policies don't work. The jet stream and wind pull them east. Some people were heading over the hill here in the summer to go to California to avoid the smoke from their state. School was even cancelled for a day or two. Stay indoors and bring pets in.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I went out at noon- - and now 4 hours later, its WAAAAYYYYY worse.. Smells like a BBQ outside.

669310f2c5b350065d1b3f503795c2cf.jpg

Reactions: mm11

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Some interesting up North fellas. I'm sitting here in NE Florida buzzing around in a jet ski thinking about the cup that Lou is building for us

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think it's about time to invade Canada. Sending their smoke down here. Bastards.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I thought this interesting, (and a little scary for our friends in the Hurricane Belt). I heard this on radio or somewhere over the weekend and found a quick link (scroll a bit) which had the same information.

Hurricane season isn't here yet -- but there is a storm down there, developing into something shortly, if not already.

The concern is that the ocean temps in the Atlantic, off the cost of Africa, and as storms charge westward, gain strength and power -- is the same temperature today, as it typically is in September.

This is very bad. One could assume warmer waters this Summer as the season progresses, which would result in more destructive storms. Yikes.

Tropical Storm Bret To Threaten Lesser Antilles And Another Storm Could Form On Its Heels

"Over the strip of the Atlantic Ocean between Africa and the Lesser Antilles is an area known as the "main development region" (MDR), where many intense hurricanes get their start. Ocean temperatures there have smashed mid-June records. Water temperatures near Cabo Verde and points west into the central tropical Atlantic are generally in the low 80s, which is sufficient heating for tropical development.

WPLG-TV hurricane expert Michael Lowry noted these sea-surface temperatures are more typical of the heart of hurricane season - early September - rather than June. Water temperatures in the proximity of this system are 2 to 5 degrees above average."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad