OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
It's been pretty quiet winter weather wise, but we are starting to percolate. It seems like an active period is developing but no sure bets just yet. There is a pretty strong signal for the 23rd thru 25th tho ❄️❄️

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Hearing rumblings that the Delmarva peninsula might get snow on Friday/Saturday next week. Anyone willing to take an educated guess about that before I get too excited on behalf of my daughter? She's young enough that she believes that it always snows on Christmas. :laugh:

Reactions: wingnutks

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Hearing rumblings that the Delmarva peninsula might get snow on Friday/Saturday next week. Anyone willing to take an educated guess about that before I get too excited on behalf of my daughter? She's young enough that she believes that it always snows on Christmas. :laugh:
The models have indicated a significant storm potential on that time frame however it's too early to say with any certainty path and amounts. Right now my guess is a snow to rain situation for coastal areas but it's way too early

Reactions: PK Cronin

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Weather app says it’s going to be rain now. So annoying. What other sources can I check instead of carrot weather and weather.com lol
I use the FishWeather app, it's directed use for offshore weather buoys (wave heights, wind, that sort of thing) but you can still pull up on-land weather stations.

I trust it with my life

As of now, Farmingdale airport forecast.
1671474408734.jpeg

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Despite this storm going to the Great lakes, it will be a pretty epic storm. There will be tremendous rain and then a dramatic cold front will sweep through friday evening dropping temperatures from the 50s to the 20s within a few hours with a flash freeze possible. Interior parts of the US will see a combination of significant winds and extreme temperatures that havent been seen in a long time with some places projected to have wind chill values near 70 BELOW ZERO.

• Wow
Reactions: MJF

NYIsles84

Dec 26, 2006
New York
Despite this storm going to the Great lakes, it will be a pretty epic storm. There will be tremendous rain and then a dramatic cold front will sweep through friday evening dropping temperatures from the 50s to the 20s within a few hours with a flash freeze possible. Interior parts of the US will see a combination of significant winds and extreme temperatures that havent been seen in a long time with some places projected to have wind chill values near 70 BELOW ZERO.
70 below is wild! Yea I was wondering when i saw like 1.5 inches of rain for the island and then temps dropping into the 20's about how the roads would be friday night/christmas eve morning

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Taking wife and 3 kids, plus 13 other family members to the game tomorrow (oldest is playing after the 1st period). It's gunna be coooold leaving the game.

Reactions: SI90

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
This will be a historic and memorable cold front - temperatures will go from near 50 to about 10 tonight with wind chills below zero. We may even see some thunderstorms/snow this afternoon as the front goes by. watch for freezing road conditions and icy roads tonight. Stay safe and make sure that heat works - several days of colddd on the way!

Reactions: YearlyLottery

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Anyone remember reading that Jack London short story, "To Build a Fire"?

Not sure what made me think of that....

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This will be a historic and memorable cold front - temperatures will go from near 50 to about 10 tonight with wind chills below zero. We may even see some thunderstorms/snow this afternoon as the front goes by. watch for freezing road conditions and icy roads tonight. Stay safe and make sure that heat works - several days of colddd on the way!
Being selfish, same for me in Delmarva?

NYIsles84

Dec 26, 2006
New York
I follow a couple of tiktok people that look at these weather models and some are saying big storm next weekend. Most of these guys are based out west so for my local guys here, I have a flight from JFK to MCO on Saturday the 14th at 7am. What are the odds something looks dicey coming up? Should I look into changing to late Friday night?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I follow a couple of tiktok people that look at these weather models and some are saying big storm next weekend. Most of these guys are based out west so for my local guys here, I have a flight from JFK to MCO on Saturday the 14th at 7am. What are the odds something looks dicey coming up? Should I look into changing to late Friday night?

Read your first sentence. That should tell you all you need to know. :)

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Read your first sentence. That should tell you all you need to know. :)
My son said I made it to tik tok once when I made a spectacle of myself in the park when these 4 hooligans were throwing trash all over and cursing in front of my wife and kid. I asked them nicely to cease and desist and when I didn't get proper respect I talked to them, in the words of my mother , "in the only language they can understand "

I was told the consequences of my actions could result in me being "cancelled".

Someone else told me the next stop was to have my meals behind bars with an unruly roommate

As such, I watch the Weather Channel for my updates!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad