OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
accuweather is forecasting maybe a couple of inches for LI as of right now...

Yep, probably the most likely scenario. gotta watch for some banding potential sunday afternoon which could change that, but that'll be a now-cast type thing.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Any word from you guys on how Tuesday is shaping up? Are we actually getting decent snow fall on the island?
Always makes me nervous when AccuWeather shows temp of 30 and 88% chance of precipitation.

Everything depends on the track. Anyone have access to NAM or Euro on this?

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
tuesday looking pretty light if anything, euro pretty consistently out to sea. next weekend still too early, not bullish on snowstorm currently.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
I know there's some potential for Friday but what kinda time frame we looking at? Friday night into Saturday? During the day?
hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_fh20-40.gif

Some light snow and flurries starting in the pre-dawn hours, looks like the bulk of the accumulating snow will be after like 8am through later afternoon. General light and nuisance snowfall of 2-4 inches, somewhere might get more in new jersey. shouldnt have the mixing problems that the last storm did on LI anyways

NYIsles84

Dec 26, 2006
New York
View attachment 805572

Some light snow and flurries starting in the pre-dawn hours, looks like the bulk of the accumulating snow will be after like 8am through later afternoon. General light and nuisance snowfall of 2-4 inches, somewhere might get more in new jersey. shouldnt have the mixing problems that the last storm did on LI anyways
I keep seeing on like tiktok and other palces that 2-4 seems safe but there is a chance at heavier bands over performing anywhere from Jersey through the Island. Does that sound like a possibility to you? And my this time frame, I am assuming annoying commute home for most right?

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
it seems to me at the moment the heaviest will be in jersey, and the latest computer runs are pretty meager in terms of precip. 2-4 is a reasonable bet here on the island, and certainly the afternoon commute will be the most impacted by the system.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
View attachment 805572

TK rocking the HRRR

Looks like Philly will get 4 inches or so? Be super careful driving south Jersey and then north throughout the day

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Potential snowstorm for tuesday. weather turns colder after this weekend in general with about 3 weeks of actual winter type pattern with a couple of chances of storms, this coming tuesday and then perhaps the following monday (presidents day). stay tuned...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Potential snowstorm for tuesday. weather turns colder after this weekend in general with about 3 weeks of actual winter type pattern with a couple of chances of storms, this coming tuesday and then perhaps the following monday (presidents day). stay tuned...
BOOOOOO!!!!

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Tuesday storm is gonna be a thread the needle type… better chances may come later on, methinks

With that said, I’m definitely watching Tuesday, as if it does thread that needle, would be a short-duration, but heavy snow

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Tuesday storm is gonna be a thread the needle type… better chances may come later on, methinks

With that said, I’m definitely watching Tuesday, as if it does thread that needle, would be a short-duration, but heavy snow
Thats for sure. temps are marginal, storm is a quick mover, daytime snow more difficult to accumulate and track would have to be just right to work out. on the other hand, models have been relatively consistent with it for several days now.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Thats for sure. temps are marginal, storm is a quick mover, daytime snow more difficult to accumulate and track would have to be just right to work out. on the other hand, models have been relatively consistent with it for several days now.
Looking ahead to a week from Sunday, it seems like another frigid Stadium Series weekend is on tap. Worse for the Devils-Flyers game on Saturday night.

Reactions: Big L

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad