OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Quick moving storm moves through late monday night through tuesday afternoon. most global computer models (US & Euro) show mostly rain and just some wet snow accumulations on grassy surfaces of an inch or two. there are some mesoscale models indicating that we start out as rain and then crash over to heavy snow with about 6 inches. it's not the most likely scenario right now, but it IS a possibility that we could all show up to work on tuesday in rain and then a pile of snow dumps on us making for a fun afternoon commute. just something to keep in mind. HRRR Mescoscale model shown below with associate accumulations...
hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_fh33-48.gif
Screenshot 2024-02-11 193010.png

Reactions: xECK29x

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
👆 becoming more likely. Winter Storm Watches up from the National Weather Service for 4-8" on the island possible tomorrow.

Reactions: bstash19

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Quick moving storm moves through late monday night through tuesday afternoon. most global computer models (US & Euro) show mostly rain and just some wet snow accumulations on grassy surfaces of an inch or two. there are some mesoscale models indicating that we start out as rain and then crash over to heavy snow with about 6 inches. it's not the most likely scenario right now, but it IS a possibility that we could all show up to work on tuesday in rain and then a pile of snow dumps on us making for a fun afternoon commute. just something to keep in mind. HRRR Mescoscale model shown below with associate accumulations...View attachment 818190View attachment 818191
That map is showing 13" for parts of the north shore of Nassau -- and AccuWeather is saying 5"-8" for out near me ...ISP airport.. in Suffolk.

Last edited:

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
That map is showing 13" for parts of the north shore of Nassau -- and AccuWeather is saying 5"-8" for out my me near ISP airport in Suffolk.
Yeah thats one model's output. generally the models are ranging from 6-12 but given it will be a heavy wet snow, 4-8 is the forecast. high bust potential. a degree or two of extra warmth and we got what happened last time - flakes that dont stick. City schools are remote for tomorrow lol

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Yeah thats one model's output. generally the models are ranging from 6-12 but given it will be a heavy wet snow, 4-8 is the forecast. high bust potential. a degree or two of extra warmth and we got what happened last time - flakes that dont stick. City schools are remote for tomorrow lol

that heavy snow is gunna jack up my single stage snowblower. Slow and steady wins the race....

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We have a game at UBS tomorrow night. Covered parking all the way. Belmont Garage ftw.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
that heavy snow is gunna jack up my single stage snowblower. Slow and steady wins the race....
At this point in life, I hate snow. When I got a new snowblower, a number of years ago, I looked forward to the storms.

Now I am now much wiser. I hate the snow but especially when it is heavy and wet. I’d rather get crushed with a big snowstorm with fluffy flakes rather than the wet shit that my snowblower can’t handle. I toy with the idea of just letting the wet snow sit there but if we get a cold snap after the storm, then the driveway will be several inches of ice for a month or more. No Bueno.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bones45

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
That map is showing 13" for parts of the north shore of Nassau -- and AccuWeather is saying 5"-8" for out near me ...ISP airport.. in Suffolk.

You live at the airport ?
Don’t they have airport workers to take care of that for you

ok I’m sorry . LGI

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Weird day here in PA. 6" of snow this morning and now the sun is shining and it looks like Spring (except for all the snow on the ground).

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
For my weather people - how am I looking for a 7:30am flight out of LGA this Thursday? We looking at possible delays or even cancellations?

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
For my weather people - how am I looking for a 7:30am flight out of LGA this Thursday? We looking at possible delays or even cancellations?
My heart sank when this topic was brought back lmao.

It looks like it's gonna rain starting Wednesday night, all throughout the day on Thursday. I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few delays. Praying for no cancellation for you.

Going anywhere nice?

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
My heart sank when this topic was brought back lmao.

It looks like it's gonna rain starting Wednesday night, all throughout the day on Thursday. I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few delays. Praying for no cancellation for you.

Going anywhere nice?
Quick trip to visit family just outside of Houston.

Reactions: Skip To My Lou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad