Pre-Game Talk: Series Talk - Western Quarterfinal vs. St. Louis (Shaw suspended for game 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I have no idea why that is at the bottom of my post.:laugh: I guess I should edit it. I didn't see it there when I submitted it.

I was a little confused by it. I didn't know if that was some new way of trolling (you are from St. Louis) or if you wanted your account to be banned and felt like using us to do it.

Nice to know that your as confused about it as I was.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
So the Hawks decided it was a good idea to release a statement from both the organization and Shaw then post it on Facebook. The comments are not a good look for the Hawks. What the **** were they thinking?
Well of course they are. They're better off being up front about it. It would look even worse to not release a public apology.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Julie DiCaro is disgusted. News at 11.

All she said was that she is shocked that the Hawks had not released anything yet. (She tweeted that 3 hours ago). I was surprised they did not realease anything sooner but it looks like they wanted Shaw to talk and face the music first.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
all she said was that she is shocked that the hawks had not released anything yet. (she tweeted that 3 hours ago). I was surprised they did not realease anything sooner but it looks like they wanted shaw to talk and face the music first.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It's a complete lose-lose for the Hawks org. People will do their best to meld this in with the Kane/Ross bs and continue to craft their Hawks are really not what they appear to be story. IDK what the NHL can give for a fine, he probably deserves the max. But a suspension seems a little much.

I guess there will be justice for some when he's traded in the summer. Likely for a late 1st/early 2nd round pick. On the hockey front, he has probably been the Hawks best forward.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
This talk of Shaw being on his way out, paired with his performance thus far has me really excited for Hartman. :laugh:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This talk of Shaw being on his way out, paired with his performance thus far has me really excited for Hartman. :laugh:

I wonder if GMs will try to use this as leverage to reduce acquisition cost for Shaw. The way he is playing I could see a late first being realistic for a team trying to get over the top. Similar to what Brouwer fetched from WSH.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
I really just don't want to see TVR or Rozsival playing next game.

At least one or two Bad Things per game seem to happen when they are on the ice.

At the very least, put Ehrhoff in for Rozsival. But I guess I'm also one of the very few who wouldn't mind seeing Rundblad instead of TVR.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I wonder if GMs will try to use this as leverage to reduce acquisition cost for Shaw. The way he is playing I could see a late first being realistic for a team trying to get over the top. Similar to what Brouwer fetched from WSH.

No one will even remember this in two months.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
40+30+28+25 = 1en goal in 4 playoff games ....all hail STL and Hitchcock!
Henceforth in hockey circles STL shall be known as Stymietown USA.... Apparently the hockey gods have taken the magic away from Kane...Toews will not do anything g either ...being afflicted all season with Machu Picchu disease. ..LADD is just a rental...what does he really care...So unless Panarin can perform the miracle of turning the bread into matzoh in game 5 ...I am afraid we will not cross the Yam Suf and will not get to the Promised Land again even in 40 more years...Team Dynasty no longer has Providential Destiny it would appear.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
NFS you poor soul. Bless your hardworking moderator heart.:laugh:

They acted like children during the entire Kane saga. Bernstein even went as far as to berate any listener who respected the legal process referring to those who chose to do so as "neanderthals who had bad parents". Came across as a total *******.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Cgft7dRVAAAGyVh.jpg:large

CgfxsAFVIAA6uPs.jpg:large

All of these are somewhat inflated by score effects as the Blackhawks chased the lead in the 3rd period, but the fact is they outplayed the Blues by a pretty wide margin.

Q's boys, TVR and Rozsival, lost the game for the Hawks with egregious mistakes. Simple as that.

1st goal Seabs was mainly to blame by getting beat to a puck and then screening Crow, and no forward decided to check Tank. No matter who his partner was, likely a goal (Q pet?)
2nd goal, Keith could have came at Tank, but decided to back off and screened his goalie in the process (Q pet?)
3rd goal Keith takes stupid penalty, TvR actually makes pretty good play on Backes, but bad bounce as it goes directly to Schwartz. (no ones fault in particular, wrong place wrong time)
4th goal, terrible pass from Panarin, should have put it deep, but TvR does take blame for what he did.

But yeah, completely on Q's pets. the whole game. because I am sure Ehrhoff or Gus would have been completely perfect out there and wouldn't have been the cause of any goals playing TvR or Rozis minutes.

Keep on keeping on.

The losses are on the palyers, specifically the top 6 guys who make all the money. 0 goals on a goalie between everyone except Anisimov. Absolutely unacceptable. Keep blaming Q though. Maybe if he was the one lacing the skates up and playing you could blame him.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Second goal came because Ladd took what was the dumbest Hawks penalty in this whole game

Blues were unhinged, Tarasenko was trying to be Steve Ott and trying to reverse hit guys while carrying the puck, and Ladd makes an absolutely terrible blindside hit that lets the Blues settle down and tie the game.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Second goal came because Ladd took what was the dumbest Hawks penalty in this whole game

Blues were unhinged, Tarasenko was trying to be Steve Ott and trying to reverse hit guys while carrying the puck, and Ladd makes an absolutely terrible blindside hit that lets the Blues settle down and tie the game.

That too. Stupid penalties have become a theme in this series for this team. Q's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad