Pre-Game Talk: Series Talk - Western Quarterfinal vs. St. Louis (Shaw suspended for game 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Suspension is too much, but NHL probably has to do it so this will go away as quickly as possible.

I've no doubt that far worse was said - and heard by the refs - in that game alone.

Rallying point.

#freeshaw

Way to pick your causes.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If the forwards actually put the puck in the net, instead of right in the crest of the goalie, TvR and Rozy wouldn't be -5. Odds are that Ehrhoff and Gus would probably be in the same position as both because they are worse Dmen.

It's so unbelievably self-evident how putrid Rozy and TVR have been, I feel no need to argue the point with you any further. I'll leave you to your delusions.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
I'm a big Shaw fan however you can't utter slurs in today's NHL.

The League got it right and now every team and player will have take notice.

Sidenote: How about suspending Brouwer for his excessive crosschecking.:rant:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
ISidenote: How about suspending Brouwer for his excessive crosschecking.:rant:

I did think that crosschecking a guy in the chest while he's celebrating a goal was illegal but apparently I'm not up to speed with the new NHL rules.

Up next the NHL is also going to ban the 'try not to suck' shirts

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think a suspension is pretty ridiculous, IMO. He shouldn't have said it, no doubt... and a fine I'd agree with. But a suspension? That's just laughable IMO.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Alright, NHL, I expect consistency from now on regarding this. And then I'm 100% fine with it. But either way, it's deserved in the respect it was a really stupid ****ing thing to say.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Free the Mutt.

CTA2cNGUkAAtXVg.jpg

Last edited:

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Shaw should be suspended for that penalty with 2 mins left basically destroying the chance for a last-ditch comeback.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Say what you will about "PC culture," but the League (and the Blackhawks) are actively trying to stamp that out. It may seem like a heat-of-the-moment kind of thing, but it's not nearly as trivial as people are making it out to be.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Say what you will about "PC culture," but the League (and the Blackhawks) are actively trying to stamp that out. It may seem like a heat-of-the-moment kind of thing, but it's not nearly as trivial as people are making it out to be.

It doesn't have to be trivial to not be as big a deal as some want it to be.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Regardless of what you say about Shaw, remember what else happened last night. Browsers face cross check. Letangs play.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I hate the whole pc crap but he said a taboo word and in today's world that is a huge crime

Now is know why the aliens won't land

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This is a forum to talk hockey, not politics.

Well its not our fault the reason why he got suspended was something political... How can we talk about it without getting our comments deleted? You are right I think we should keep politics to politics and hockey to hockey, therefore a player should not be suspended because he said something politically incorrect, freedom of speech should still prevail. Now the Hawk's player with the most heart is suspended, and that effects our hockey team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad