Serie A 2017/18

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Its the Kardashian butt. Defenders can't get around it.

anyway, Dybala with a brace putting him 3rd in Serie A scoring much to the dismay of Allegri.

Higuain taking penalties I will never understand. Dubala could’ve had more goals by now.

FFS Higuain has missed 5 out 7 penalties in Serie A :laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Higuain taking penalties I will never understand. Dubala could’ve had more goals by now.

FFS Higuain has missed 5 out 7 penalties in Serie A :laugh:

Doesn't Dybala usually take penalties? Up until today I don't see Higauin taking them when Paulo is on the pitch?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Really?
When he took the ball in his half and launched a rocket into the goal from his own half?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, I'll have to look up that goal you're talking about because I've seen a lot of great goals this year, but Fekir was something else.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Well according to FourFourTwo since 2013 the player with the best conversion rate is Juan Mata followed by Dybala. Payet is not even top 20.

going by conversion rate on direct free kicks Messi isn't even the best on his team (Coutinho 16%; Messi just 6%). Payet takes FKs from all over the field, which probably screws his conversion rate, but he's crazy good at delivering crosses, shooting from range and up close. He's pretty all-arounder at it while guys like Messi, Dybala, Neymar are really good, but usually only take FKs up close.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
going by conversion rate on direct free kicks Messi isn't even the best on his team (Coutinho 16%; Messi just 6%). Payet takes FKs from all over the field, which probably screws his conversion rate, but he's crazy good at delivering crosses, shooting from range and up close. He's pretty all-arounder at it while guys like Messi, Dybala, Neymar are really good, but usually only take FKs up close.

Yeah, I was going to say that...I'm pretty sure Cou is a better free kick taker than Messi and there's the stat to prove it.

Plattenhardt is another really good one that nobody would mention. Dude hits straight out piledrivers.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, I was going to say that...I'm pretty sure Cou is a better free kick taker than Messi and there's the stat to prove it.

Plattenhardt is another really good one that nobody would mention. Dude hits straight out piledrivers.

Doubt it.

Det Dybala FK

Paulo Dybala - Welcome to Real Madrid [2017-2018] Goals and Assists HD.

Kane,Icardi, Benz and CR7...I don't see it. Unless, Barca stupidly just keep ignore him. Similar to that of Argentina.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
How about the people who said that Napoli being out of Europe would help them in the league?

It makes perfect sense to me. The question was whether it would help enough. I still thought Juve would win it anyway, Napoli have a rough schedule.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The difference is experience and depth.
Juve could field 2 teams that can battle for Serie A title.

This Juve team though has some holes, mainly at RB and midfield. Pjanic is the only CM close to being considered World Class.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Amazing how many opportunities Napoli are wasting to take the lead for Serie A title with yet another disappointing draw against Sassuolo, a lucky one as well.

Can’t wait for Juve vs Milan match.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Every year we keep hearing " How this is Napoli's year to win". They always manage to find a way to choke/

The difference is experience and depth.
Juve could field 2 teams that can battle for Serie A title.

This Juve team though has some holes, mainly at RB and midfield. Pjanic is the only CM close to being considered World Class.

This by far one of the worst and most frustrating Juve teams I've seen in a long while. Our midfield is putrid other than Pjanic and even he's had some pretty bad games this year.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Yeah I agree. I can’t remember a game this year where I’ve been impressed with our play. But they always find ways to win.

The best games we’ve had this year is when we played 4-4-2. Today Costa made an immediate difference, Cuadrado as well. Playing 3-5-2 and relying on Litchtsteiner to provide something from the right flank is totally stupid at this point.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Yeah I agree. I can’t remember a game this year where I’ve been impressed with our play. But they always find ways to win.

The best games we’ve had this year is when we played 4-4-2. Today Costa made an immediate difference, Cuadrado as well. Playing 3-5-2 and relying on Litchtsteiner to provide something from the right flank is totally stupid at this point.

Oh yes. The biggest problem is Allegri. He is by far one of the most overrated coaches out there. He does not know how to run an offence, he parks the bus against provincial teams, his over usage with "finished" players. He should have never been hired in the first place. I guess this is what you get when Italy fails to adapt their tactics. A lot of people think he a tactical genius, well this tactical genius could not break through Spal a couple of weeks ago.

The sad part is we once had a midfield with Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio. Now we Pjanic, Khedria, Matuidi and half a Marchisio.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Oh yes. The biggest problem is Allegri. He is by far one of the most overrated coaches out there. He does not know how to run an offence, he parks the bus against provincial teams, his over usage with "finished" players. He should have never been hired in the first place. I guess this is what you get when Italy fails to adapt their tactics. A lot of people think he a tactical genius, well this tactical genius could not break through Spal a couple of weeks ago.

The sad part is we once had a midfield with Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio. Now we Pjanic, Khedria, Matuidi and half a Marchisio.

I think you’re being too harsh on Allegri. I was never a big fan, in fact I was mad when we hired him. But you can’t deny he’s got some pretty good results including 2 CL finals. Don’t like his style of play and even less his loyalty to some aging players (Barzagli, Litch, Khedira), but the guy is a great tactician and one of the best in-game managers out there. There’s a reason he’s constantly linked to big clubs.

As I said in another thread here, I think his time with Juve is up. We need to look elsewhere, and main priority should be to revamp the midfield completely.

Juve

May 13, 2011
I am not harsh. Not at all. He's a decent coach, not more than that. Any decent coach can get results with this team. You need to go full Ventura for this team to fu$k up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad