Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Stars Nov. 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Sorry had to sign in with my phone here because I saw something so wrong and don't want people to start flocking in that direction with group think

Stone is not mediocre since his suspension he has been getting two to three scoring chances a game (looks) you can't ask more than that from your best forwards the scoring will come and stone is too smart to fall victim to a sophomore slump

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Outsider here. Do you guys see Stone getting moved back up with Turris anytime soon? Him and Turris seem to have some great chemistry which makes me wonder why he was taken off that line. 16 pts in 18 games seems like he's been playing well

The line combinations all season have made very little sense and I agree with you he should go back asap.

However if he does play with Prince and zib I could see it working pretty well.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
The line combinations all season have made very little sense and I agree with you he should go back asap.

However if he does play with Prince and zib I could see it working pretty well.

Well why putting them together right now? Why break Hoffman-Turris-Ryan when those 3 has work very well the last two game? Ryan is our best productive forward right now and is on fire.

Stone and Zibby is already working. They played around 19+ min each while playing together on the PK together. Stone has create a ton of chance, got rob on several occasion and Zibby has scored twice ( 1 didn't count but was a great play by Stone. ) If they are to play on the PK together i like them to play together 5v5. I prefer to see Stone and Zibby against the tougher opposition cuz they are stronger on D than Turris, Hoffman and Ryan, i mean strength wise.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
above average offensive dman playing with two of the most offensively gifted forwards = Klingberg

That's not even remotely true at all. Klingberg is arguably the 2nd best offensive D in the league, he's more than "above-average". He makes the Dallas offense tick like it does.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
That's not even remotely true at all. Klingberg is arguably the 2nd best offensive D in the league, he's more than "above-average". He makes the Dallas offense tick like it does.

We could argue that he is the second or first this year. We will see in the future where he stand. But i'm exited to see him play. But i hope he got shut down :) You know, i want my team to win.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well why putting them together right now? Why break Hoffman-Turris-Ryan when those 3 has work very well the last two game? Ryan is our best productive forward right now and is on fire.

Stone and Zibby is already working. They played around 19+ min each while playing together on the PK together. Stone has create a ton of chance, got rob on several occasion and Zibby has scored twice ( 1 didn't count but was a great play by Stone. ) If they are to play on the PK together i like them to play together 5v5. I prefer to see Stone and Zibby against the tougher opposition cuz they are stronger on D than Turris, Hoffman and Ryan, i mean strength wise.

Well because over the last 65 games Stone has scored at a ppg pace playing with Turris thats why, they have obvious chemistry. Last season 7 players scored at a ppg. If it aint broke dont fix it in my books. This coaching staff clearly disagrees, Prince Zibanejad Ryan were playing really well and thats when Ryans hot streak started. Id rather have two proven good lines going rather than one and one that's a question mark.

I honestly think that part of the reason Puempel was sent down was because management wanted Prince to get into the lineup. Cameron just doesnt seem to like what he brings to the game maybe he has an attitude issue? I dont know. Puempel's play did not warrant him staying in, he was not doing anything out there. Prince atleast has shown flashes of creativity and offense. Prince also supports the puck really well on the back check and comes through the middle of the ice really hard. He is also quicker on pucks.

Anyways just a rant/thought I have had, the coaching staff has done some strange things this season in regards to the lineup maybe they are trying to push players buttons? Since it took them so long to recognize how poor the Cowen Boro pairing was despite how much better the team looked with Wideman playing on his strong side it has made me personally question some of the lineup/line choices. For example Chiasson's ice time and deployment I seriously dont get it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

You are correct his breakdown was not accurate Klingberg's transition game and presence on the point on the pp drives that offense. Benn and Seguin are mutually beneficial. His offensive skill set is incredible and after Karlsson is easily the 2nd best offensive D man in the game. As a sens fan you would think we could appreciate elite offense from the back end, or perhaps the poster 'Mika Zibanejad' just hasnt watched very much of Dallas and is making an assumption. But I for one will not miss a Dallas game if I can help it and while Jamie Benn is one of my favorite players in the league (loved him since he played her in the WJC) Klingberg is the number 1 reason I am tuning in.

The way Klingberg can float the blue line and opens up not only to shot but pass the puck, is the best in the league. His strait away speed and ability to instantly make it an odd man rush isnt as strong as Karlsson however his pivot and horizontal mobility is definitely stronger. His wrister is also better than EK's while Karl has a better slapper.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Forwards I'd like to see.

Hoff-Turris-Stone
Prince-Zib-Ryan
Greening-JGP-Michalek
Lazar-Smith-Chiasson

Greening had chemistry with JGP (and Condra) back in the day. Maybe he finds his game with Pageau and another team sees some use in him and takes him off our hands. I actually like the speed of that line too.

Prince plays setup guy for Zib and Ryan.

Neil takes a seat against a finesse team.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Forwards I'd like to see.

Hoff-Turris-Stone
Prince-Zib-Ryan
Greening-JGP-Michalek
Lazar-Smith-Chiasson

Greening had chemistry with JGP (and Condra) back in the day. Maybe he finds his game with Pageau and another team sees some use in him and takes him off our hands. I actually like the speed of that line too.

Prince plays setup guy for Zib and Ryan.

Neil takes a seat against a finesse team.

I like it, but I'd switch Lazar and Michalek. Do the Greening - JGP - Condra line where Lazar plays the role of Condra. Bonus, you keep Michalek with Chiasson who seemed to have some chemistry, although very little to be fair.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Well because over the last 65 games Stone has scored at a ppg pace playing with Turris thats why, they have obvious chemistry. Last season 7 players scored at a ppg. If it aint broke dont fix it in my books. This coaching staff clearly disagrees, Prince Zibanejad Ryan were playing really well and thats when Ryans hot streak started. Id rather have two proven good lines going rather than one and one that's a question mark.

I honestly think that part of the reason Puempel was sent down was because management wanted Prince to get into the lineup. Cameron just doesnt seem to like what he brings to the game maybe he has an attitude issue? I dont know. Puempel's play did not warrant him staying in, he was not doing anything out there. Prince atleast has shown flashes of creativity and offense. Prince also supports the puck really well on the back check and comes through the middle of the ice really hard. He is also quicker on pucks.

Anyways just a rant/thought I have had, the coaching staff has done some strange things this season in regards to the lineup maybe they are trying to push players buttons? Since it took them so long to recognize how poor the Cowen Boro pairing was despite how much better the team looked with Wideman playing on his strong side it has made me personally question some of the lineup/line choices. For example Chiasson's ice time and deployment I seriously dont get it.

Just to be clear, i was not disagreeing with you. I like Stone and Turris together they were very good. Like i said, i just like to put pairing out there, that stick together everywhere. If Zibby and Stone are to play together on the PK, i like the fact they will play 5v5 also.

I feel that right now Zibby will be a better player with Stone. He benefit more from Stone than from Ryan. ( different kind a player ). That's my opinion. Maybe i'll be wrong. But i do like that pairing.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I watched every 2013-14 Sens game after Spezza was traded to the Stars so I'm a fan of quite a few of your players now. Hope it's a good game. Looking forward to Klingberg vs Karlsson(who I'm a huge fan of). Just wondering how Chiasson is doing this season. Has he taken any steps forward or is he still struggling ?

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
I watched every 2013-14 Sens game after Spezza was traded to the Stars so I'm a fan of quite a few of your players now. Hope it's a good game. Looking forward to Klingberg vs Karlsson(who I'm a huge fan of). Just wondering how Chiasson is doing this season. Has he taken any steps forward or is he still struggling ?
Chiasson has spurts where he's ok, but more often than not he's one of the most god awful forwards I've seen in a while and takes constant penalties.
He's a scrub 4th liner or AHLer and that's all he'll ever be.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

he is struggling depending on what you are assessing him on. Hes struggling to put up points. and hes struggling at defensive positioning. hes been good at dumping the puck in.. and he has nights where hes pretty good on the cycle. and that's it.

He is.... very boring.. I don't look forward to his shifts

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
^ Thanks for the replies. I'm disappointed that he hasn't improved. Most of us thought his struggles were system-related and he'd improve on another team. Sometimes players just hit a wall and can't get past it I guess. Hopefully Paul will work out a lot better for you guys.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Chiasson has spurts where he's ok, but more often than not he's one of the most god awful forwards I've seen in a while and takes constant penalties.
He's a scrub 4th liner or AHLer and that's all he'll ever be.

Lol 4th line scrub or ahler this is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille