Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Stars Nov. 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Should be a good game vs. Dallas. They have a good offense there plus Spezza as well.

Man, I remember when Spezza traded and all the pundits thought his back couldn't surive the "heavy" west.

Little did they know the east averages more hits a game.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Man, I remember when Spezza traded and all the pundits thought his back couldn't surive the "heavy" west.

Little did they know the east averages more hits a game.

well spezza was well aware of it. that's why that big baby wanted a trade out there.:shakehead

:sarcasm:

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
looking forward to an entertaining shift of greening-smith-neil, cowen-boro

I was obviously taking a piss, but I never got the greening hate. I figured it was a indictment on the teams budget that we had players like him on our top lines (at times). Its a matter of expectations whether or not you like him. He's serviceable and frindge NHL'r who can play a decent game if he's in the right role.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
well spezza was well aware of it. that's why that big baby wanted a trade out there.:shakehead

:sarcasm:

He sure looks great in Dallas, and really is their best PP centre (they often move Seguin to the point on PP).

I kind of miss him, imagine if he was moved to our 2nd line as a centre...

But alas politics of the team would never allow that, also I would probably hurt zibs development (who I believe will become a beast unique skill-set cente if he can get his shooting accuracy up, maybe one year he'll get some shot skills camps in the summer)

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I was obviously taking a piss, but I never got the greening hate. I figured it was a indictment on the teams budget that we had players like him on our top lines (at times). Its a matter of expectations whether or not you like him. He's serviceable and frindge NHL'r who can play a decent game if he's in the right role.

"entertaining" as in Dzone, cue the benny hill music

greening makes 3.2M? this year. that's a lot for what he brings and likely why he's stuck here.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
"entertaining" as in Dzone, cue the benny hill music

greening makes 3.2M? this year. that's a lot for what he brings and likely why he's stuck here.

Oh yeah... I forgot how over paid he was lol. Mind blowing considering our team normally locks in pretty sweet contracts. (I'm going miss GM BM, god I hope he makes some miracle recovery, hell of a hockey mind and a damn great human being. )

Lots of truth to the idea that its the 3-4m guys that kill you in a cap league.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Oh yeah... I forgot how over paid he was lol. Mind blowing considering our team normally locks in pretty sweet contracts. (I'm going miss GM BM, god I hope he makes some miracle recovery, hell of a hockey mind and a damn great human being. )

Lots of truth to the idea that its the 3-4m guys that kill you in a cap league.

that's why you can make the argument that fans should care about how much a player makes, because when the suck like greening does he becomes untradeable and takes up a spot or uses up money that could be spent on someone else.

funny that greening makes more than stone, hoffman, and more than zib

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
that's why you can make the argument that fans should care about how much a player makes, because when the suck like greening does he becomes untradeable and takes up a spot or uses up money that could be spent on someone else.

funny that greening makes more than stone, hoffman, and more than zib

True say, I still have some faith that should this team enter contention mode Eugene will pony up some Cap team doe. But in Ottawa it doesn't matter much how much ppl make right now. It's why I don't begrudge B Ryan for his contract. Plus it couldn't happen to a nicer guy I feel like his locker room personal really helps everyone be better.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
So why does the entire NHL fanbase not **** on Klingberg like they do Karlsson? He puts up points, must suck defensively, right?

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It'll be nice to see how Greening has been developing. He might not be too far away from challenging for a roster spot in the near future - we're deep in young guns and he's one of the most promising of the bunch.

Hes a more cerebral version of Jamie Benn

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Andy is on fire
Team plays well
Weircoch is injured
Were 2nd in the atlantic

All is going well

Why not bring Greening up and scrap everything?:shakehead

The guy cleared the waivers like 908 times
Thats all Ill say

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Greening earned his contract on the ice with Spezza. They're probably trying to rekindle that old magic.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Clearly the Senators are shopping Greening to Dallas, who want to rekindle the magic of his 2012 year as Spezza's winger that made the Senators fans forget all about Dany Heatley.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Greening earned his contract on the ice with Spezza. They're probably trying to rekindle that old magic.

I heard a rumor that Hemsky, Greening, and Michalek all kick back 25 percent of their current extensions to Spezza, but that might just be hearsay.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Why? No one knows what elite Swedish defense looks like better than Sens fans.

Because its great watching new talent?

So why does the entire NHL fanbase not **** on Klingberg like they do Karlsson? He puts up points, must suck defensively, right?

Probably due to the fact that he doesn't get shoved down everyone's throat constantly. Not yet anyways.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I feel like I'm either the only one who's picking up on the sarcasm here, or I was transported to another dimension in which Greening is still 23 and on the upswing of his career.

Either way, this post made me laugh.
Pretty much everything Ouroboros has posted lately has been sarcastic. And hilarious.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Oh it will come if we keep seeing more Klingberg threads in the main forum and how great he is... it will come.

You think so?

I feel like part of the reason why Karlsson got so much flack is because of Ott's rivalry of Montreal (and Toronto, I guess, but I feel it's mostly Habs fans who are haters).

Karlsson is a player that is kind of hard to hate if you are watching him as an outside fan. All he does is improve the watchability of the sport. I haven't really seen Klingberg play too much, but he's probably the same. (Although I think if EK was on Dallas he'd have 40 pts already this season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad