Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Stars Nov. 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
You think so?

I feel like part of the reason why Karlsson got so much flack is because of Ott's rivalry of Montreal (and Toronto, I guess, but I feel it's mostly Habs fans who are haters).

Karlsson is a player that is kind of hard to hate if you are watching him as an outside fan. All he does is improve the watchability of the sport. I haven't really seen Klingberg play too much, but he's probably the same. (Although I think if EK was on Dallas he'd have 40 pts already this season).

I often watch games with fans from different teams and let me say that Karlsson looks so terrible defensively on some nights that it's more entertaining to see the bad than to see the good. I can wasily understand how some fans dislike EK, especially people who like safe players kinda like Keith or Doughty. Karlsson can control the game but sometimes he makes really bad defensive mistakes that nake you go " this guy was awarded the best defense in the league?". I think that's the reason that people are usually black and white when it comes to EK.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
I often watch games with fans from different teams and let me say that Karlsson looks so terrible defensively on some nights that it's more entertaining to see the bad than to see the good. I can wasily understand how some fans dislike EK, especially people who like safe players kinda like Keith or Doughty. Karlsson can control the game but sometimes he makes really bad defensive mistakes that nake you go " this guy was awarded the best defense in the league?". I think that's the reason that people are usually black and white when it comes to EK.

Agreed. But don't under estimate that some of the hate that Karlsson gets comes from fanbases of teams with a Norris candidate... Mtl, LA, Nashville, Chicago and probably Dallas soon.

Plus, lots of it is because of some of us being a little too ''enthusiastic'' on the main board over Karlsson`s achievments. Well that's what we're told anyway.

It's all good though... maybe :popcorn:

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
You think so?

I feel like part of the reason why Karlsson got so much flack is because of Ott's rivalry of Montreal (and Toronto, I guess, but I feel it's mostly Habs fans who are haters).

Karlsson is a player that is kind of hard to hate if you are watching him as an outside fan. All he does is improve the watchability of the sport. I haven't really seen Klingberg play too much, but he's probably the same. (Although I think if EK was on Dallas he'd have 40 pts already this season).

I find that every team with an elite tier defenseman hates him. Montreal, Chicago, LA, Nashville all seem to despise him. Not like I care, but they really just don't understand what kind of player he is.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Agreed. But don't under estimate that some of the hate that Karlsson gets comes from fanbases of teams with a Norris candidate... Mtl, LA, Nashville, Chicago and probably Dallas soon.

Plus, lots of it is because of some of us being a little too ''enthusiastic'' on the main board over Karlsson`s achievments. Well that's what we're told anyway.

It's all good though... maybe :popcorn:

Yea, I think you're also right. Some here go blab on the main boards about Karlsson every chance they get and quite honestly it's the most annoying thing. You just know what's going to happen, no point in doing it over and over again.

About the other teams who have Norris contenders, It's also true. I think if Karlsson would be on the other side and we'd have say Doughty or Keith, the tune would change quite a bit and vis-versa for other fan bases.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
Yea, I think you're also right. Some here go blab on the main boards about Karlsson every chance they get and quite honestly it's the most annoying thing. You just know what's going to happen, no point in doing it over and over again.

About the other teams who have Norris contenders, It's also true. I think if Karlsson would be on the other side and we'd have say Doughty or Keith, the tune would change quite a bit and vis-versa for other fan bases.

I wish ''we'' would tone it down a bit. I think most of us know how lucky we are to have a special player like EK even if we're able to recognize that he's not perfect. But I wish we would let him do his thing and his overall play and stats will speak for itself at the end of the year.

FWIW, I started hearing habs fan last year give credit to EK and starting to realize that maybe, just maybe, he could have a bigger impact on a team than PK. So, there's hope some will see the light one day :laugh:

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I wish ''we'' would tone it down a bit. I think most of us know how lucky we are to have a special player like EK even if we're able to recognize that he's not perfect. But I wish we would let him do his thing and his overall play and stats will speak for itself at the end of the year.

FWIW, I started hearing habs fan last year give credit to EK and starting to realize that maybe, just maybe, he could have a bigger impact on a team than PK. So, there's hope some will see the light one day :laugh:

I think that people who love Hockey more than a Team is able to like other star from other fan base, even if he isn't on his favorite team.

There is a few people who are able to come here and say i like Karlsson for this reason, I dislike Karlsson for this reason and i understand that he's a very good player for his team even if i prefer someone else.

And there is the other one who come and say, he can't play D. He doesn't hit so he suck on D. He don't block shot so he suck on D ( which is false ). Karlsson Turnover again, Suck on D.

The Funny part is, if you look at stats this year, even if stat will not show that he got burn quite a few time, (but hey Weber, Subban, and other elite player have got burn quite a few time too) Karlsson got more block shot than Doughty and Subban, I also think he got less giveaway than them, Less than Subban by a far margin. But hey he suck, cuz he doesn't PK has much...

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
I think that people who love Hockey more than a Team is able to like other star from other fan base, even if he isn't on his favorite team.

There is a few people who are able to come here and say i like Karlsson for this reason, I dislike Karlsson for this reason and i understand that he's a very good player for his team even if i prefer someone else.

And there is the other one who come and say, he can't play D. He doesn't hit so he suck on D. He don't block shot so he suck on D ( which is false ). Karlsson Turnover again, Suck on D.

The Funny part is, if you look at stats this year, even if stat will not show that he got burn quite a few time, (but hey Weber, Subban, and other elite player have got burn quite a few time too) Karlsson got more block shot than Doughty and Subban, I also think he got less giveaway than them, Less than Subban by a far margin. But hey he suck, cuz he doesn't PK has much...

Yup. And on the other hand, you have Doughty that is so good defensively and play a lot on the PK but looking at last year's stats, LA ended up... 17th in the league on the PK so go figure. To be fair, they're doing a lot better this year.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd go as far as saying 75% of Karlsson's haters are fans of teams that have a top defenseman that could challenge for a Norris in the foreseeable future. These fans know that if EK is putting up 70+ points a season and isn't horrible defensively there's no way guys like Subban, Doughty and Weber have a chance at winning. They know that if Karlsson sheds the awful rep about his D and continues to produce at a top 5 level all-time the Norris will become his end of the year participation trophy.

Other 25% is split between traditionalists (Aaron Ward types that think a defenseman is only as good as how many hits and blocked shots he has), rival fans and size queens.

Once Klingberg establishes himself as a contender for the Norris you'll see him become under the microscope a heck of a lot more. Right now he's just that overachieving kid that will fall down to earth, kind of like how Karlsson was regarded before the half way point of the 11/12 season. Everyone just kind of assumed he was going to slow down offensively. I've seen enough of Klingberg to know that isn't the case. He's going to develop into a Zubov/Gonchar type D and could very well be the second best defenseman in the league going forward.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
I'd go as far as saying 75% of Karlsson's haters are fans of teams that have a top defenseman that could challenge for a Norris in the foreseeable future. These fans know that if EK is putting up 70+ points a season and isn't horrible defensively there's no way guys like Subban, Doughty and Weber have a chance at winning. They know that if Karlsson sheds the awful rep about his D and continues to produce at a top 5 level all-time the Norris will become his end of the year participation trophy.

Other 25% is split between traditionalists (Aaron Ward types that think a defenseman is only as good as how many hits and blocked shots he has), rival fans and size queens.

Once Klingberg establishes himself as a contender for the Norris you'll see him become under the microscope a heck of a lot more. Right now he's just that overachieving kid that will fall down to earth, kind of like how Karlsson was regarded before the half way point of the 11/12 season. Everyone just kind of assumed he was going to slow down offensively. I've seen enough of Klingberg to know that isn't the case. He's going to develop into a Zubov/Gonchar type D and could very well be the second best defenseman in the league going forward.

Pretty decent post :handclap:

eddie416

Nov 23, 2015
Outsider here. Do you guys see Stone getting moved back up with Turris anytime soon? Him and Turris seem to have some great chemistry which makes me wonder why he was taken off that line. 16 pts in 18 games seems like he's been playing well

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Outsider here. Do you guys see Stone getting moved back up with Turris anytime soon? Him and Turris seem to have some great chemistry which makes me wonder why he was taken off that line. 16 pts in 18 games seems like he's been playing well
1 point in last five games, he's been struggling to produce lately

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015

Ever since his suspension he's been mediocre :(

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015
Lets replace the HST line with the GST line

Nah lets split em up for 4 good lines
Greening turris stone
Hoffman zibby neil
Michalek pageau chiasson
Lazar smith ryan

**** this might actually be something cameron would do :(

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Greening earned his contract on the ice with Spezza. They're probably trying to rekindle that old magic.

"spezza circles behind the net- TERRIBLE giveaway right in front of his own net and it's in! colin greening the beneficiary of a giveaway by spezza who just throws this puck up the middle. what's this? spezza is going over to celebrate with the greening!"

he then takes off his stars jersey and reveals a senators jersey underneath. he fistbumps the boys as he skates by the bench and takes his seat beside alfie on the bench.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Stone is awesome. I don't know if he plays with Turris or not. But if he is with Zibby. Zibby will score more. Moving Stone to the "second" line is more to get that line going then it is saying Stone isn't great.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Nah lets split em up for 4 good lines
Greening turris stone
Hoffman zibby neil
Michalek pageau chiasson
Lazar smith ryan

**** this might actually be something cameron would do :(

Yeah stupid Cameron. We aren't even playing that well and are 10-5-5 and 2nd in out division. He is am idiot...

Wait... I don't question Cameron. He has made this average team pretty darn good since he took over. He is positive and seems to really know what he is doing. The team had not tuned him out and have bought in. Frankly... The only good coach we have had since Martin and Murray. I don't know why. But I fully believe in Cameron. And think he will be a great coach here for years and years.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
"spezza circles behind the net- TERRIBLE giveaway right in front of his own net and it's in! colin greening the beneficiary of a giveaway by spezza who just throws this puck up the middle. what's this? spezza is going over to celebrate with the greening!"

he then takes off his stars jersey and reveals a senators jersey underneath. he fistbumps the boys as he skates by the bench and takes his seat beside alfie on the bench.

God I use to love the "he takes off the.... Jersey to reveal a Sens jersey" posts

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Stone is awesome. I don't know if he plays with Turris or not. But if he is with Zibby. Zibby will score more. Moving Stone to the "second" line is more to get that line going then it is saying Stone isn't great.

I like Stone with Zibby. They played very well together to first two games. Stone has create a lot of chance and touch 3 post in the last 4 games. He's just not lucky.

Also, i like them to play on the same line if they also are to play together on the PK. It's a great way to create chemistry. Zibby and Stone have been playing more than Turris and Ryan. I also think that Zibby and Stone can play against tougher competition in the Dzone. Turris is a little weak when it come to pure strength.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Stone might be a sophmore player. But I believe he can be excellent with anyone at all. He is truly that good. And he plays PK and PP so he will get 18-21 minutes no matter what.

To me Stone and Turris are our two best forwards. And they can play with anyone. Next up are Ryan and Hoffman who are excellent but need a guy like Stone and Turris to be their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille