Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Nate Thompson (2 Years, $1.65M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
People are upset with Thompson? Why? He and Pyatt have been solid all year. Every team needs those kinds of depth forwards.
I think it's like people being mad about a player that took the money that was offered.

GB is playing Thompson way too much, at the cost of ice time for more skilled players. Not Thompson's fault, but I've said many times in the past couple of months that PD needs to take away GB's toys (Oduya, Pyatt, Burrows, Thompson, Dumont) so that we can see the up and coming talent on this team.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's fine to bash a posters opinion but you are known to bash posters in general. I am certain I'm not the only one who thinks this.

A luck that the new HF version sends a notification for a quote on a post that was from 2 months ago. I would have never found out lol

OK let me ask you a simple question :

Why would people posting here and bashing players, coaches, executives, owners, etc non-stop be immune to the same treatment? As far as I know it's a public forum and even those PEOPLE or their relatives could read... Why is it acceptable if they do it but when it happens to them they cry police and call out people who are doing it to them?

Freedom of speech. If you want to bash players, etc, then I have all the right to bash those comments (if I read and cared). Nothing personal though, just what we are talking about here.

People want to criticize players, fine. I do too. But if they start bashing, be disrespectful or unfair to them, then you can be sure I am going to criticize or even ridicule those comments. Well, when I have a little bit of time.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think it's like people being mad about a player that took the money that was offered.

GB is playing Thompson way too much, at the cost of ice time for more skilled players. Not Thompson's fault, but I've said many times in the past couple of months that PD needs to take away GB's toys (Oduya, Pyatt, Burrows, Thompson, Dumont) so that we can see the up and coming talent on this team.

Disagree about Pyatt and Thompson. Especially Pyatt, he's done everything asked of him this season and more.

Awesome bottom 6er, Thompson has been solid too.

Even if the Sens move on from some of the vet depth players, which I agree that they should, there are only so many spots for rookies. Still need to keep a few around to balance things out.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Thompson is fine but at some point Boucher needs some toys removed from his grasp so younger players can learn in the bigs. This is one of those times. White should be playing over Nate.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Disagree about Pyatt and Thompson. Especially Pyatt, he's done everything asked of him this season and more.

Awesome bottom 6er, Thompson has been solid too.

Even if the Sens move on from some of the vet depth players, which I agree that they should, there are only so many spots for rookies. Still need to keep a few around to balance things out.
Yeah, I like what Pyatt and Thompson bring as well, in a bottom 6 role. I was actually really careful to not denigrate the play of NT and TP specifically. The reason I say take away the toys is because GB doesn't seem to use them - or the other players I mentioned - in that way. Look at last night. Is there any excuse for NT to get the most ice of any forward in the 1st? Lots of d-zone starts?

Again, that's not Thompson's (or Pyatt's) fault. He does his job really well, and I'm actually happy they're on the team. The problem is you can only have five guys on the ice at a time. If he's out there doing his job, another player with more offensive upside isn't getting a chance to do his job.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I like Thompson, he reminds me of the grind. Back when I had to hustle for money.

Reactions: Deku

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
People are upset with Thompson? Why? He and Pyatt have been solid all year. Every team needs those kinds of depth forwards.

Pyatt and Thompson seem to get lumped in with Burrows and Dumont by some for some reason. Not sure why. They’ve done their jobs as far as I’m concerned.

You can argue Thompson is overpaid and shouldn’t have a NTC, but his contract isn’t awful or unmoveable.

If we had a better top 9 and Pyatt and Thompson were our 11th and 12th forwards, I don’t think people would complain.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Presumably... we'd have to ask him who the 10 teams are to know which 20 teams aren't on his list...

Jokes aside, didn't the team already ask all players with limited NTCs to submit their lists earlier in the season?

There was that hullabaloo about Karlsson's list earlier in the season... if they got Karlsson's list, they've certainly got Thompson's list by now as well.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
A luck that the new HF version sends a notification for a quote on a post that was from 2 months ago. I would have never found out lol

OK let me ask you a simple question :

Why would people posting here and bashing players, coaches, executives, owners, etc non-stop be immune to the same treatment? As far as I know it's a public forum and even those PEOPLE or their relatives could read... Why is it acceptable if they do it but when it happens to them they cry police and call out people who are doing it to them?

Freedom of speech. If you want to bash players, etc, then I have all the right to bash those comments (if I read and cared). Nothing personal though, just what we are talking about here.

People want to criticize players, fine. I do too. But if they start bashing, be disrespectful or unfair to them, then you can be sure I am going to criticize or even ridicule those comments. Well, when I have a little bit of time.
Your response was insinuating you only bashed their opinion. That's false. You bash the poster. Belittle them even. I mean if you feel the need to defend the players/management for whatever reason then be my guest but you dont have to do it on your high horse.

Also the argument that players/management and possibly their relatives read this forum was weak. Like you said, this is a public forum to expect nothing but positives posts from an overwhelmjngly negative season is silly.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Jokes aside, didn't the team already ask all players with limited NTCs to submit their lists earlier in the season?

There was that hullabaloo about Karlsson's list earlier in the season... if they got Karlsson's list, they've certainly got Thompson's list by now as well.

Bonus points for using hullabaloo. That is an amazing word that needs to be seen more often.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Thompson is fine but at some point Boucher needs some toys removed from his grasp so younger players can learn in the bigs. This is one of those times. White should be playing over Nate.

Not yet, and not for Thompson

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Twitter's ****ing stupid people complain about everything on twitter

Thompson has been fantastic in his role

Go back and read the first few pages of this thread. I don’t think people complaining about everything is exclusive to twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad