OT: Sens Lounge LXXXVIV - Roman Numerals!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoffStoneKarl*

Am I the only person under 40 who enjoys cribbage? Whenever I try to teach someone they politely play the first game, but never want to play again.

Me and my buddies are all around 30 and can play cribbage for 12 hours straight, while drinking.

Love that gane

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Never really got into Crib. I know how to play, but just never really comes up as a game to play.

We do play Euchre quite often however.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I find that people don't play cards much anymore unless it's poker. I love crib. Euchre and hearts are probably my favorite card games.

Hard to find enough to play tho. I'm 33 for the record

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It's tuesday, and my body still hates me for the football game we played Sunday.

Can't lift my left arm above my shoulder, bruises all over my arms.... I think my body is trying to tell me to call it quits on playing full contact football with 20-something year olds, but I'm having too much fun. :laugh:

Not sure how you do that. I play flag football occasionally with friends for fun on weekends end of summer/fall and I am always really sore just from that. Constant start and stop running and cutting.

We used to play tackle, but gave that up around age 25?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Cribbage is great. Euchre, too. I never get a chance to play either and it bums me out a bit.

Ditto chess, but that one's more from severe lack of trying.
I'm addicted to chess.com's app on my tablet. I just play blitzes, but I feel my play has improved a lot even though I'm getting older and dumber.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's tuesday, and my body still hates me for the football game we played Sunday.

Can't lift my left arm above my shoulder, bruises all over my arms.... I think my body is trying to tell me to call it quits on playing full contact football with 20-something year olds, but I'm having too much fun. :laugh:

That is actually unreal.

I wish I'd have had the chance to play some form of football growing up, but never got the chance as there is 0 football in Newfoundland (I think there are some touch leagues in St. John's over the last few years).

Probably for the better, likely would have incurred many injuries :laugh:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Cribbage is alright. Reminds me though that I need to teach the wife (still feels weird saying that).
Finished with Munich, stopped into Salzburg today and then up into a quiet area of Austria to spend some time with an uncle of hers (plus their extended family).
Tomorrow is nothing but driving back to Zurich (about 5-6h) via Innsbruck, and then fly to London and the next morning back to Toronto.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Wizard is my current favorite card game. So much fun screwing people over.

I like that game too. I don't have a commercial set so I just use regular cards. I also teach people that suits are irrelevant and that there is no trump (if two or more cards of the same value are out the one laid earliest is highest) because I think it makes for a more fun game.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
speaking of drinking and cards, Kings is normally the go to, everyone has their own rules but personally IMO, I think mine are the most fun.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
got fired from my new job 2 weeks in. had an accident with a truck :/ such a crappy day :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad