OT: Sens Lounge LXXXVIV - Roman Numerals!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I really liked him in Charlie Bartlett and remember thinking at the time he was potentially one of the better young actors and I would watch out for his movies.
I think I liked him in everything I saw since. Alpha dog, Rudderless...I'll check out some others now.
Strange circumstances.

If you haven't seen the recent release Green Room, he's pretty great as part of the ensemble cast in that one.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
As a First Nations citizen of Canada I can comfortable say that I ****ing hate indians. There is so much ******** going on within the reservations (even my own) it is absolutely disgusting.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
As a First Nations citizen of Canada I can comfortable say that I ****ing hate indians. There is so much ******** going on within the reservations (even my own) it is absolutely disgusting.

Can you elaborate? I really don't know too much on the subject:/

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well gun control legislation already failed in the senate. Like I said, after Sandy Hook I lost all belief there will ever be any attempts to stop gun violence. The status quo will live on.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I can't work out at night anymore for some reason. Gets me too worked up(pun not intended). I try to do my training an hour after breakfast/coffee.

While on the subject, ever since I started that 100 pushups thing mixed with the "50 pull-ups" program, I've noticed significant muscle gain. Really makes a difference when you follow exercise programs properly, even after just a few weeks. I can already do many more pull-ups than I could before. :yo:

Haha, yeah boyeee!

Glad to see a few of you giving it a go... By the end of the program you're supposed to do 150+chin ups and 300 or so pushups in the 15min period!!!

I use the 120 second break between chin up sets to do the pushup sets, arms are pretty much toast before I start the day ;)

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
If im doing pull ups with 5 reps between breaks until my arms cannot lift me anymore, how long of a break do I need for my muscle to repair/grow? Fine to lift the next day? Two days? Until my arms aren't aching?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If im doing pull ups with 5 reps between breaks until my arms cannot lift me anymore, how long of a break do I need for my muscle to repair/grow? Fine to lift the next day? Two days? Until my arms aren't aching?

I'd do other muscle groups in the days between, like legs/abs, etc...

HoffStoneKarl*

But how many days are the inbetween days?

If you find your muscle groups are still sore, I would wait until they no longer feel sore before working them out again.

Whether that 2 or 3 days or whatever. When you get in better shape you can get to the point you no longer need to many days off, if any, because you're not sore

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Haha, yeah boyeee!

Glad to see a few of you giving it a go... By the end of the program you're supposed to do 150+chin ups and 300 or so pushups in the 15min period!!!

I use the 120 second break between chin up sets to do the pushup sets, arms are pretty much toast before I start the day ;)

Thanks for pointing the way bud! Seriously enjoying these programs.

I'm too old to do both the pullups and pushups in the same session though. I either do them on separate days or within a few hours of each other. Plus, I'm biking a lot on most days so I'm seeing very good results.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Can you elaborate? I really don't know too much on the subject:/

There's a lot of corruption. Stuff like money for aid and development going into the pockets of the chiefs/people in power.

Sum is up perfectly. On my res, the reservation will cover the cost of construction for new houses for the people. The home owners then have to payback the cost back to the reserve, but that part isn't happening and the morons on the council aren't doing anything about it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It's tuesday, and my body still hates me for the football game we played Sunday.

Can't lift my left arm above my shoulder, bruises all over my arms.... I think my body is trying to tell me to call it quits on playing full contact football with 20-something year olds, but I'm having too much fun. :laugh:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Am I the only person under 40 who enjoys cribbage? Whenever I try to teach someone they politely play the first game, but never want to play again.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Am I the only person under 40 who enjoys cribbage? Whenever I try to teach someone they politely play the first game, but never want to play again.

Cribbage is great. Euchre, too. I never get a chance to play either and it bums me out a bit.

Ditto chess, but that one's more from severe lack of trying.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

My bf loves it. And he's under 40. Played since he was a kid.

We play every once in a while... and it's a great 2 person game.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Was being a bit hyperbolic, but still have difficulty getting people into it. The only person that I see regularly who likes it is my Dad (who taught it to me).

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Was being a bit hyperbolic, but still have difficulty getting people into it. The only person that I see regularly who likes it is my Dad (who taught it to me).

It's Definitely not a young persons game. I only know people who like it because they played with their parents or grandparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad