OT: Sens Lounge LXXIII | Yeah, I'm still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Mass stabbing a is such a random thing. I don't get how you can stab a large amount of people without being stopped. Guess that is because people aren't smart enough to defend themselves

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ever go into an exam, look through the questions, and realize you actually know everything on it? That happened in my Canadian history exam and it was awesome. I'll be shocked if I get less than a 90. Now let's hope my next exams will be anywhere close to that...

Had same feeling... but ended up with 70. Hope you do better, lol.

Canadian History was the best. Who was your prof?

Matthew Bellamy. Not sure if I'll ever have a prof as great as him again.

You guys serious? I heard Canadian History is terrrrible. Then again I'm not talking about same uni. American History is unbelievable though.

Started watching House of Cards. The main character has such a terrible fake accent.

Really? It's actually very accurate, imo.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
You guys serious? I heard Canadian History is terrrrible. Then again I'm not talking about same uni. American History is unbelievable though.
As a general rule, most history classes depend largely on the prof. They can turn very dry, very fast. Luckily for Carleton students, Matt Bellamy obviously cares and does his best to keep it from being boring. Some combination of his teaching method and his enthusiasm makes it borderline impossible not to enjoy the class.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that you're unfortunately prohibited from skipping out on parts of basic to moderate an online hockey forum.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
As a general rule, most history classes depend largely on the prof. They can turn very dry, very fast. Luckily for Carleton students, Matt Bellamy obviously cares and does his best to keep it from being boring. Some combination of his teaching method and his enthusiasm makes it borderline impossible not to enjoy the class.
Wow. Apparently he is the best male singer on planet earth as well as an amazing teacher.

That's pretty neat!

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

Yep exactly, I personally can't stand 19th century canadian history and he even made that part interesting.

One of my other classes had a bit of overlap with Bellamy's material and I had to drag myself in there every morning. The most bland, boring, and dry woman in the world. It's amazing how much a prof can make or break a course.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Yep exactly, I personally can't stand 19th century canadian history and he even made that part interesting.

One of my other classes had a bit of overlap with Bellamy's material and I had to drag myself in there every morning. The most bland, boring, and dry woman in the world. It's amazing how much a prof can make or break a course.
Same with high school too!

My most entertaining course was Ancient History, a subject I always thought was bland. My teacher made it enjoyable.

20th century history, however, was terrible. I waited my whole life to learn in depth of World War I and II and I had a terrible teacher. Awful. I wonder if Laurentian offers a WW2 course, because my program doesn't have any electives until third year...

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Well, just post here or PM when your are free

On second though, I will bring my computer to my parents place tomorrow. We should be able to play tomorrow night (if you're free).

If anyone else wants in (hawt) you're more than welcome to join.

Just conquered the world with my buddy by 1880 AD. It wasn't really ever a close game. In the Ancient era, I had more points than any other team, and near the end, I had as many points as all four opponents combined.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
On second though, I will bring my computer to my parents place tomorrow. We should be able to play tomorrow night (if you're free).

If anyone else wants in (hawt) you're more than welcome to join.

Just conquered the world with my buddy by 1880 AD. It wasn't really ever a close game. In the Ancient era, I had more points than any other team, and near the end, I had as many points as all four opponents combined.

I played a lot of civ II back in the day. I can only imagine what V is like at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad