OT: Sens Lounge LXXIII | Yeah, I'm still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Ever go into an exam, look through the questions, and realize you actually know everything on it? That happened in my Canadian history exam and it was awesome. I'll be shocked if I get less than a 90. Now let's hope my next exams will be anywhere close to that...

Those are fun. We had one prof in criminology give us 40 questions to prepare before the exam. And then we would have 20 of those on our exam. Best exam ever.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Ever go into an exam, look through the questions, and realize you actually know everything on it? That happened in my Canadian history exam and it was awesome. I'll be shocked if I get less than a 90. Now let's hope my next exams will be anywhere close to that...

Canadian History was the best. Who was your prof?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Matthew Bellamy. Not sure if I'll ever have a prof as great as him again.

Right, I think we've geeked out about Bellamy before. He's such a champ. Only other two I had that were in the same ballpark were Matt Sorley (Sports & Performance Psych) and Rand Dyck (Ontario Government, Canadian Constitutional Law)

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Right, I think we've geeked out about Bellamy before. He's such a champ. Only other two I had that were in the same ballpark were Matt Sorley (Sports & Performance Psych) and Rand Dyck (Ontario Government, Canadian Constitutional Law)

Yes we definitely have. It's amazing how he is so passionate and knowledgable about his subject, yet so caring at the same time. I'm praying that he's still teaching here in three years so I can take his 4th year seminar.

I'll have to keep an eye out for those two as well! I still need to get 3.0 credits of electives so I might have the opportunity.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yes we definitely have. It's amazing how he is so passionate and knowledgable about his subject, yet so caring at the same time. I'm praying that he's still teaching here in three years so I can take his 4th year seminar.

I'll have to keep an eye out for those two as well! I still need to get 3.0 credits of electives so I might have the opportunity.

I think they only teach classes with prereqs, sadly. :( Unless you have Intro to Poli Sci or Intro to Psych under your belt, that's probably a no-go.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I think they only teach classes with prereqs, sadly. :( Unless you have Intro to Poli Sci or Intro to Psych under your belt, that's probably a no-go.

That's too bad. I'll probably be taking a few credits in either sociology or psychology (or both) so I can be eligible to have three teaching subjects when I graduate. So it's a possibility for the sports psych class (which sounds pretty cool).

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
That's too bad. I'll probably be taking a few credits in either sociology or psychology (or both) so I can be eligible to have three teaching subjects when I graduate. So it's a possibility for the sports psych class (which sounds pretty cool).

It was great. I wrote an entire paper on Tim Thomas and how his White House snub was affecting his play. It was so cool.

If you end up going for Psych 1001, try to get Chris Motz if he's still around. Pretty funny guy. Huge Muppets fan.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
It was great. I wrote an entire paper on Tim Thomas and how his White House snub was affecting his play. It was so cool.

If you end up going for Psych 1001, try to get Chris Motz if he's still around. Pretty funny guy. Huge Muppets fan.

Wow that's awesome. And I'll definitely keep that in mind, thanks!

Jorec

Mar 4, 2011

Personally, I'd avoid Chris Motz, I don't know if he's any better in 1001, but I attempted to take some of his upper classes while I was finishing my degree and he was an absolutely awful professor. One of the few I actively avoided from that point on. But that was a few years ago now so I don't even know if he's still teaching, lol.

EDIT: Ah memories, I remember that opinions on him were quite divisive. You either loved him or hated him, I just happened to fall into the latter.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Damn scary stabbing spree down in Calgary last night.
No kidding. Biggest mass murder in Calgary history. so sad.
Personally, I'd avoid Chris Motz, I don't know if he's any better in 1001, but I attempted to take some of his upper classes while I was finishing my degree and he was an absolutely awful professor. One of the few I actively avoided from that point on. But that was a few years ago now so I don't even know if he's still teaching, lol.

EDIT: Ah memories, I remember that opinions on him were quite divisive. You either loved him or hated him, I just happened to fall into the latter.
Definitely divisive! Good times. :) I had him back in '08, I believe. Seemed relatively fresh-faced.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Has anyone been to the polls section of hf boards and taken a look at the top forwards polls going on. They make no sense at all.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Has anyone been to the polls section of hf boards and taken a look at the top forwards polls going on. They make no sense at all.

Nah, the funny poll is the one where Chris Neil and Milan Lucic are grouped in with Patrick Kaleta and James Neal to see who is the dirtiest player.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Started watching House of Cards. The main character has such a terrible fake accent.

sensfan25

Dec 1, 2010
Vancouver
I was watching Senators Vs Rangers playoff highlights today, still cant believe we lost that series. Those were some great memories though, it was a heck of a series. Can't wait till we are in the playoffs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad