Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You can't go around asking to prove this, prove that and then go and speculate about stuff and believe your own fabrications

Oh, JerkStore, ol' pal of mine, apple of my eye, sunshine of my life...

... you've missed SO MUCH since you've been gone. I hate to be the one to have to break this to you, but the thing you are asking this poster to do here? It's basically what he is known best for around these parts.

You can't ask a sparrow not to fly, can you? No more than you could ask a fish not to swim, or a worm not to dig. These things, they are incomprehensible to these creatures. They run against everything they've ever known. Such is the case too, here, with Tnouc. We've learned to begrudgingly accept it as part of who he is, considering no one can ever be permanently banned anymore and we really have no choice in the matter.

Reactions: Heady Topper

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
“Community papers” is something YOU said.

IT (the information) said “local newspapers”.

It sort of would be like you describing yourself as “tenacious” and I would interpret it as “narcissistic”.

It said a "few local papers" Jim Watson never worked for either the Sun or the Citizen, and you know it.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I've heard mixed reviews about Hill staff from some friends who have worked there in the past.

Basically - anyone with no upwards mobility and have been in the same job for a decade are as useful as warts on a frog. Anyone with legit career aspirations are in and out of there within 5 years.
May have missed the intent of the post. Lol

Reactions: BonkTastic

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Hospitals don't create wealth in the economy. You eager to tell doctors they don't have real jobs?

There is a difference between a job, and creating wealth in the economy.

I'm NOT saying we don't need a Public Sector, just saying the wealth created in the economy comes from the Private sector ......... there may be a few exceptions, but none come to mind. The Public sector such as the Federal PS, Police, Fire Department, Teachers and others are needed to have a safe secure viable society, in which the Private sector can function and thrive.

Just saying there's a difference between the two.

Also, some people don't seem to understand what creating wealth, in the economy is.

( this is getting way off topic....... sorry)

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
Oh, JerkStore, ol' pal of mine, apple of my eye, sunshine of my life...

... you've missed SO MUCH since you've been gone. I hate to be the one to have to break this to you, but the thing you are asking this poster to do here? It's basically what he is known best for around these parts.

You can't ask a sparrow not to fly, can you? No more than you could ask a fish not to swim, or a worm not to dig. These things, they are incomprehensible to these creatures. They run against everything they've ever known. Such is the case too, here, with Tnouc. We've learned to begrudgingly accept it as part of who he is, considering no one can ever be permanently banned anymore and we really have no choice in the matter.

So it's like this boards' Eugene Melnyk? Also, still not sure what a Tnouc is :confused:

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018

I'm NOT saying we don't need a Public Sector, just saying the wealth created in the economy comes from the Private sector ......... there may be a few exceptions, but none come to mind. The Public sector such as the Federal PS, Police, Fire Department, Teachers and others are needed to have a safe secure viable society, in which the Private sector can function and thrive.

Also, some people don't seem to understand what creating wealth, in the economy is.

ICYMI, where did it say Community paper? Where?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

You really have a way of swaying every argument you bring on, don’t you. Sadly, most see right through it.

By the way, teachers don’t work for the public sector.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005

I mean, this is all true. I just have no idea why you’re saying any of it. You implied very heavily that Jim Watson was unqualified to speak on certain issues because he's only ever worked in the private sector (in itself untrue), and your defense of that point is... pointing out that it isn't the public sector's job to create wealth?

I don't post here very often, so I have no frame of reference for you as a poster, but you seem to post a lot of non sequiturs.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You really have a way of swaying every argument you bring on, don’t you. Sadly, most see right through it.

By the way, teachers don’t work for the public sector.

The teachers, that work in the Public and Catholic School systems, for which you and I pay taxes into, and who are paid with same, are in fact public sector employees.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
1% profit margins on condo development?!?

That's so far off base. Assuming everything falls in place (city approves your plans without alterations, etc), it's more like 20% on paper. On average, you get a bit less than that, like 16-18%.

If you're not getting a minimum of 15% on a condo development, then either the market has crashed, you experienced unpredictable delays or cost sinks, or you have no business being in real estate development.

did I say 1% profit margin? I said 1% swing in profit margin is 40M.

That's pretty different don't you think?

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
That would imply that he has some degree of control over these boards, so no. He's more like this boards' Sean Hannity.

Tnouc Alucard = Count Dracula spelled backwards, sort of.

Ooooh. Yeah I totally got that old white super conservative vibe from it.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I mean, this is all true. I just have no idea why you saying any of it. You implied very heavily that Jim Watson was unqualified to speak on certain issues because he's only ever worked in the private sector (in itself untrue), and your defense of that point is... pointing out that it isn't the public sector's job to create wealth?

I don't post here very often, so I have no frame of reference for you as a poster, but you seem to post a lot of non sequiturs.

Jim Watson has been, and still is, a career Politician (AKA Public Sector).

He pontificated in the local media recently about comments made By Sens Owner, and the head of the RLC, who is in deep negotiations with the NCC over the re-development of Lebreton Flats...... on his concerns about the Condo market in Ottawa, and specifically in the areas surrounding the Lebreton Flats site, that will have an impact on the planned Condos that are part of the RLG plans to develop Lebreton Flats, where the new Arena is planned.

There are legitimate concerns.

REEVELY: Melnyk is right to be worried about financing LeBreton project with condos

The Mayor, a career politician, has as much knowledge about the Condo market, as he does about brain surgery.

But being a politician, he had to make some dumb comments about the state of the negotiations, But the NCC Chief Executive said the negotiations were going fine......... But Watson made in sound like it's headed for hell in a hand basket and he's going to confront Melnyk.............. he's just grandstanding in an election year, because when is comes to the Condo market, he's in way over his head.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

He pontificated in the local media recently about comments made By Sens Owner, and the head of the RLC, who is in deep negotiations with the NCC over the re-development of Lebreton Flats...... on his concerns about the Condo market in Ottawa, and specifically in the areas surrounding the Lebreton Flats site, that will have an impact on the planned Condos that are part of the RLG plans to develop Lebreton Flats, where the new Arena is planned.

REEVELY: Melnyk is right to be worried about financing LeBreton project with condos

The Mayor, a career politician, has as much knowledge about the Condo market, as he does about brain surgery.

But being a politician, he had to make some dumb comments about the state of the negotiations, But the NCC Chief Executive said the negotiations were going fine......... But Watson made in sound like it's headed for hell in a hand basket and he's going to confront Melnyk.............. he's just grandstanding in an election year, because when is comes to the Condo market, he's in way over his head.
This is one version of it.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018

But Melnyk alluded it's not going fine and he might want to stay in Kanata.

The NCC chief is a politician. You think politicians are dumb. Gotta go with what Melnyk said here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad