Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Kings Jan. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
i'm pretty sure that Smith smiled after being shoved. I think he was expecting something

He smiles when he's involved with anyone. It's his way of antagonizing.

I'm sure doughty said some stuff as he skated towards him so smith probably responded with a smile to anger him more. Lots of players do that.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
IMO we should not get into all this Karlsson vs Doughty stuff.

Both are fantastic hockey players.

They are but Doughty is no where near Karlsson's ability to carry his team on his back.

Doughty's best chances came with his team finding him wide open since they grinding out the work.

Karlsson is always covered yet still managed to create plays. Zibanejad fanned on wide open chance created by Karlsson I went nuts.

He also missed breakaway with gorgeous pass by Karlsson.

Doughty is also becoming such an entitled *****. Can you imagine if Doughty got called on that penalty shot? He'd tackle the ref, even though Karlsson was fuming he handled it so much better than I would have, what a **** call.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
its a d-bag move, Kings are down, you heard the whistle.

There's crowd noise, and he was onside so its natural he put it into the empty net.

The refs doubled down on their poor call by letting Doughty get a free cheap shot. I don't care that Doughty did it because he feels so offended by this egregious act, but call the game. You take a shot at a guy after the whistle minding his own business, you get to sit for 2 minutes. It was a selfish and stupid play by 8.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I wonder if Stone gave up on the backcheck because he thought he was going to be beat easily. It really didn't make sense.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He's onside.

Yep, clearly onside. Linesman whistled that because he wasn't 100% sure, and when in doubt it's easier to hit the whistle than not. If he doesn't whistle that, he gets crapped on big time by the home crowd and bench. They call it home ice advantage for a reason...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Here are some very very key notes to take from this and recent games.

1) Wier is not a top 4 defender. Say what you will but we must get Ceci help or else we not only will continue to get lose with incompetent 2nd pairing but Ceci's potential and ceiling is decreasing every game he has to continue carrying Wier Ya he made that breakout pass for our 1st goal but if i continue to try those passes and do nothing else, i'll get lucky once in a while.

2) It's quite a miracle that Cameron has went 5 games with Ryan-Turris-Stone when they never scored an EV goal in that stretch. Re-read what I just said again. I can't believe it myself.

3) HST put it back together.

4) Zibanejad flashing 1st line C ability tonight. What's probably the most encouraging thing about Zibanejad is he seems to be among our best players against really tough teams. Or in important moments.

5) Karlsson is magnificent

6) We need to get better pressure from our 4th line. I love Neil but he really doesn't bring any outstanding element to that 4th line. If we had a top heavy top 6 id keep him but we need pressure, energy and scoring from all lines and he really stalls that line.

7) WE NEED HELP FOR CECI

8) Another top 3 forward would really help this team as well, HST one line and XXX-Zib-Ryan on another... or a top line C instead of Turris/Zib.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Could argue a lot of players on this team are asked to play bigger roles than they are ideally suited for

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ceci is not top-4 material at all lol

Disagree. He's not a top end top 4 defender but he's a top 4 defender or just barely on the outside.

The reason we don't constantly see it is cause he's a 21 year old defender having to cover and play for 2 people almost the entire season.

Heck, even Karlsson struggled with Cowen/Wier as his partners, how the hell we expect Ceci to show constant great play with those 2. especially at his age lol

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I gotta agree to disagree with shooting a puck after a whistle it depends on your mentality I guess.

I had some really weird conversations with kings fans on HS though. They were saying **** like they would take Seabrook, Holtby, Toews, on their team instead of Karlsson. Didn't help my cause when the other Sens fan in the room was saying **** like Karlsson is overrated doesn't pk yada yada.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I gotta agree to disagree with shooting a puck after a whistle it depends on your mentality I guess.

I had some really weird conversations with kings fans on HS though. They were saying **** like they would take Seabrook, Holtby, Toews, on their team instead of Karlsson. Didn't help my cause when the other Sens fan in the room was saying **** like Karlsson is overrated doesn't pk yada yada.

"Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." -Greg King

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -Mark Twain

"Don’t answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are." -Proverbs 26:4 (NLT)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
"Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." -Greg King

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -Mark Twain

"Don’t answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are." -Proverbs 26:4 (NLT)

The Republican party should look these up. Thought they were familiar with the bible though...

Kyle Johansen

Dec 30, 2015
Disagree. He's not a top end top 4 defender but he's a top 4 defender or just barely on the outside.

The reason we don't constantly see it is cause he's a 21 year old defender having to cover and play for 2 people almost the entire season.

Heck, even Karlsson struggled with Cowen/Wier as his partners, how the hell we expect Ceci to show constant great play with those 2. especially at his age lol

Karlsson has never really struggled with Wiercioch. When they are paired together they tend to control play a lot. Ceci is young and he's being asked to play a role he's not suited for but Ceci without Wiercioch is a disaster. 5 needs 46 to do well, but 46 doesn't need 5 to do well, as evidenced by his surprising positive play alongside Borowiecki. Even Methot/Ceci hasn't proven to be that good, although small sample size.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If you count just Lazar's last two games, he'd be on pace for 82 points, yet you guys complain about him not living up to expectations. #positivesensattitude #rainbowland

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think Lazar has lacked confidence this season, going without a goal for so long can do that. He's young, it happens. I don't think he'll ever be a dominant top 6 guy, but tenacious third liners with heart and a bit of skill are pretty damned important.

I still have faith in him.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Karlsson has never really struggled with Wiercioch. When they are paired together they tend to control play a lot. Ceci is young and he's being asked to play a role he's not suited for but Ceci without Wiercioch is a disaster. 5 needs 46 to do well, but 46 doesn't need 5 to do well, as evidenced by his surprising positive play alongside Borowiecki. Even Methot/Ceci hasn't proven to be that good, although small sample size.
Like Methot with Ceci, Wiercioch with Karlsson is a very small sample. We know Wiercioch can be decent when he's sheltered, which is what he is with Borowiecki. Ceci isn't sheltered. Ceci is relied on to play the tough minutes because he's the only defender that isn't Methot or Karlsson who is capable of handling a real top 4 role. Even in a sheltered role though Wiercioch can be prone to game changing gaffs like last game with his egregious penalty with less than 5 minutes to play that resulted in the GWG.
If you count just Lazar's last two games, he'd be on pace for 82 points, yet you guys complain about him not living up to expectations. #positivesensattitude #rainbowland

He's been playing great since moving onto Pageau's line. I think he's just comfortable and he's suited well to play that 3rd line defensive role.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't really see the problem with Smith shooting the puck at the empty net after the whistle. Yes, it may have been slightly disrespectful, but i don't think it warranted that type of response by Doughty.

Now if he shot it at a player or if the goalie was in the net after the whistle, then i would agree that it was a dirty move.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

FQL nailed it.

Wier is good only when sheltered and so is basically anyone. Ceci is given like some of our toughest minutes yet he still looks better than Wier by a long shot.

If we gonna throw Ceci to the wolves we might as well give him a partner who is good at being in that role too. I can't believe you said 5 needs 46 to be good though, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese