Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Kings Jan. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They had two points in the bag.

How do you lose three straight to this team?

Embarassing.

Id argue that this would go under the column of losing when it doesnt matter. They have won cups two of the last 4 years thats winning when it matters. Not when you are playing a team in a different conference.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Id argue that this would go under the column of losing when it doesnt matter. They have won cups two of the last 4 years thats winning when it matters. Not when you are playing a team in a different conference.

I'm sure there are all kinds of excuses.

Nevertheless, they blew a 3-1 lead in the 3rd and got bounced by the Sens for the third straight time.

I keep hearing about how the Kings inspire such terror but lately I'm not seeing it.

:shrug:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
its a d-bag move, Kings are down, you heard the whistle.

Yes hockey etiquette, I agree D bag move. But I dont mind when the guys play like that either, Smith got what he deserved. Still like the play, he is his best when he is playing with an edge.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Smith shot a puck into the net well after a whistle, he deserved it.

Isn't the logic of going after a player that shoots after the whistle because he could have injured the goalie who is unsuspecting?

What's the logic in this case?

Clear roughing.

Bonk did this against tampa many years ago when they took a shot on Lalime after the whistle. Bonk got a penalty. The goalie was in net, and yet bonk still got a penalty for shoving the guy to the ice.

So without a goalie in net, what's the excuse??

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Isn't the logic of going after a player that shoots after the whistle because he could have injured the goalie who is unsuspecting?

What's the logic in this case?

Clear roughing.

Bonk did this against tampa many years ago when they took a shot on Lalime after the whistle. Bonk got a penalty. The goalie was in net, and yet bonk still got a penalty for shoving the guy to the ice.

So without a goalie in net, what's the excuse??

Its just the code. You don't shoot the puck in our net after a whistle. Period. Like it or not that's the way it is.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
its a d-bag move, Kings are down, you heard the whistle.

This...makes no sense.

There's no logic behind what you're saying.

What douchy about shooting the puck after a whistle? The fact you can hurt someone.

Without a goalie in net, there is no one that can get hurt therefore no douchiness to be seen.

EK65IsAGod

SensWerePrettyPesky
Jul 31, 2011
Maritimes
Also, playing the Kings (and winning) is apparently our Stanley Cup as well! So that's like what, 8-10 possible Stanley Cups in a season? We're gonna catch the Habs in no time.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Pisses me off when refs blow down borderline offsides like on Smith play. You have a goal review now. Let them play and figure it out later if they actually score.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Zibby had a nice game, its why he was out there lots in the last 5 minutes. Frustrating player, only because he is so good sometimes, but not always.

Good road win, pushing the play in the third period is a great sign. Everyone contributed, perfect.

Kyle Johansen

Dec 30, 2015
IMO we should not get into all this Karlsson vs Doughty stuff.

Both are fantastic hockey players.

Everyone knows that. It's just beyond annoying at this point to hear all the crap Karlsson gets and so many people thinking Doughty is head and shoulders above him.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
come-from-behind win vs kings and Chia scored from Lazar? Did I miss the episode where Rob Schneider is on the roster?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Everyone knows that. It's just beyond annoying at this point to hear all the crap Karlsson gets and so many people thinking Doughty is head and shoulders above him.

Yah .. I know that happens doesn't mean we have to join into that crap. We can appreciate the superstar 2 time Norris winner we have without running down other great players.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Its just the code. You don't shoot the puck in our net after a whistle. Period. Like it or not that's the way it is.

Yes, and i'm saying that's stupid. There is a code for a reason, and that reason isn't in place here.

The code of respect is don't shoot the puck after the whistle towards your opponents. Makes sense.

If you're going to say its out of respect that your opponent shouldn't see a puck go into their net when it doesn't actually count then boohoo. That doesn't make any logical sense.

It's like the "take your hat off when you walk into a friends house code" that's going the way of the dodo bird.

Things that are polite/respectful because they make sense, like opening doors for people will remain, and things like taking off your ball cap when you go to a buddies for beers won't.

Getting mad at someone for flicking the puck into your net with none of your teammates in sight after the whistle makes absolutely zero sense. It's immature and barbaric to get upset over that and go confront someone about this non issue.

It's like in football when a reciever catches the ball and is running for it but the play is blown down, and yet he keeps running into the end zone while the rest of the players have stopped playing.

No one goes and shoves him to to the ground.

I can't believe anyone would defend that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00