Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Kings Jan. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Stone still has been a monster even though mistake here and there, he just has been getting unlucky scoring wise too. Turris on the other hand is not producing much at all and needs to step up. Points will come for Stone but Turris needs to get back into rhythm again.

Ohh i was talking about defense more than offense. They are scores in a lot it seems.

I don't worry about Stone production cuz he create a lot but nobody finish hia play. I would like him to shot more too.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Encouraging game

http://war-on-ice.com/game1.html?seasongcode=2015201620661

Scoring Chances were 36-31 for LA
But High Danger Scoring Chances were 12-11 for the Sens

When Boro scored, you realize that it's just a bunch of young kids trying to establish themselves as a good team in the NHL. That's not an easy thing to do, they do it from game to game or even period to period but I have no problem accepting that it's a long process.

That being said, this team needs another veteran on defense outside of Methot.

I mean, do you really even need them to explain themselves? Anyone who can't see Andy's value to this team is clearly out to lunch.

We are so lucky to have him and Hammond, to a lesser degree. Too bad he has such an inadequate defense playing for him.

Don't get me wrong, Anderson is a solid N.1 Goalie but the reality is that most NHL teams have solid goaltending. But when you don't have solid goaltending, it becomes such a disadvantage (ask the Flyers and Sens of a few years ago)

While the Sens defense is not as good as it should be, many goalies would look good in front of Sens net due to the number of "feeding shots". Goaltending in the NHL is top notch, as good as it has ever been.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
"Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." -Greg King

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -Mark Twain

"Don’t answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are." -Proverbs 26:4 (NLT)

Well. that's just too true!

Kyle Johansen

Dec 30, 2015
THIS!!

Turris has been next to useless for over a month and if his play is due to injury then rest him, let him heal because his current play is of no benefit to the team.

Cameron has given him Ryan, Stone, Hoffman and Michalek as linemates, plus top PP time to no avail.

Stone on the other hand seems to think he is a star, seldom using his physical size and unless the Sens have puck possession, he coasts.

His lack of effort on the LA 3rd goal was inexcusable and Cameron should have sent a clear message by sitting him for the rest of the game.

You don't get 71 takeaways by coasting.

Stone and Turris have been fine if you separate their production from their actual play. Turris has created many chances lately but he just can't pot them.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You don't get 71 takeaways by coasting.

Stone and Turris have been fine if you separate their production from their actual play. Turris has created many chances lately but he just can't pot them.

This is kind of typical for Turris though. He's pretty streaky. Once one goes in for him the production will take off. I think he's leaned on a little too heavily on this team. Don't really like when he has to play 20+ minutes so regularly, especially if hes not 100% healthy. If Zibanejad finds a himself, that will help out Turris.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
THIS!!

Turris has been next to useless for over a month and if his play is due to injury then rest him, let him heal because his current play is of no benefit to the team.

Cameron has given him Ryan, Stone, Hoffman and Michalek as linemates, plus top PP time to no avail.

Stone on the other hand seems to think he is a star, seldom using his physical size and unless the Sens have puck possession, he coasts.

His lack of effort on the LA 3rd goal was inexcusable and Cameron should have sent a clear message by sitting him for the rest of the game.

How can you say he coasts when we don't have possession when he's statistically doing more than anyone else to win it back. Well, successfully win it back.

Kyle Johansen

Dec 30, 2015
This is kind of typical for Turris though. He's pretty streaky. Once one goes in for him the production will take off. I think he's leaned on a little too heavily on this team. Don't really like when he has to play 20+ minutes so regularly, especially if hes not 100% healthy. If Zibanejad finds a himself, that will help out Turris.

Yeah, if Z-bad plays the way he has the past few games, that will certainly take the pressure off Kyle a little bit. It's kind of crazy how many quality scoring chances Turris has had lately, especially that game against Florida where he could have had a hat trick if not for Luongo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad