Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the (US) Capital, Wed. 7:00 pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
While I get the logic behind spreading the talent out over three lines to try to get more balanced scoring...it isn't, and hasn't been working. It's seems clear that frustration is starting to set in with the players and the coach as well. I think it's absolutely critical to get Duchene at least a point somehow, to get not only that monkey off his back; but Boucher's and Dorion's as well who were responsible for bringing him here. I feel the best way to do that is to stack up a line with him, Stone and Hoffman/Ryan.
Until this team is getting back on track offensively I fail to see why they shouldn't be rolling 2 top lines with the best forwards and go from there. Like other's have said already..we're not Chicago or Pittsburg in having that level of elite talent throughout the lineup.
I still hold to the fact that even though they have won some games in the last 8 or so..they really haven't looked all that convincing doing it.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
FREE HOFFMAN #FreeTheHoff

That being said I'm curious to see the DiDo-Duch-Ryan line. DiDo has good awareness maybe something clicks there.

I also like that all the 4th line players are on the 4th line in that lineup.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
While I get the logic behind spreading the talent out over three lines to try to get more balanced scoring...it isn't, and hasn't been working. It's seems clear that frustration is starting to set in with the players and the coach as well. I think it's absolutely critical to get Duchene at least a point somehow, to get not only that monkey off his back; but Boucher's and Dorion's as well who were responsible for bringing him here. I feel the best way to do that is to stack up a line with him, Stone and Hoffman/Ryan.
Until this team is getting back on track offensively I fail to see why they shouldn't be rolling 2 top lines with the best forwards and go from there. Like other's have said already..we're not Chicago or Pittsburg in having that level of elite talent throughout the lineup.
I still hold to the fact that even though they have won some games in the last 8 or so..they really haven't looked all that convincing doing it.

I'm a big fan of what Boucher has brought to this team....but I absolutely agree with all of this, especially while we are in a losing streak/slump.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Boucher needs to allow players to play together at least a few games before deciding they don't have chemistry...it's getting really frustrating. The team can't build chemistry when they're being jumbled around so much.

Need to see Hoffman in the top 6.
Agree
Not many teams have a 30 goals scorer on the 3rd line

Brass StoRy

Hof Dudz

The rest

The second rest

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Big problem with Hoffman is he’s a 1 dimensional player. He doesn’t have chemistry with anyone and never has on the team, and even though he can finish he doesn’t play D welll enough and you don’t want to have to ask Duchene or Brass to cover for another player on the line so they stick Hoff with Pageau who plays D 60 minutes a game.

I like Hoff, I like watching him play, but he’s a hard player to play with hand as a coach Boucher really has to pick his spots with Hoff and those are PP - where he wonders around and has brutal giveaways and destiny always hustle back so as a coach your kinda stuck with what he brings which is elite shot, elite dangle - no natural chemistry and a potential give away machine

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Big problem with Hoffman is he’s a 1 dimensional player. He doesn’t have chemistry with anyone and never has on the team, and even though he can finish he doesn’t play D welll enough and you don’t want to have to ask Duchene or Brass to cover for another player on the line so they stick Hoff with Pageau who plays D 60 minutes a game.

I like Hoff, I like watching him play, but he’s a hard player to play with hand as a coach Boucher really has to pick his spots with Hoff and those are PP - where he wonders around and has brutal giveaways and destiny always hustle back so as a coach your kinda stuck with what he brings which is elite shot, elite dangle - no natural chemistry and a potential give away machine

Dzingel brings even less to the table (except for maybe being a notch or two faster) and is frequently given top 6 minutes, or is slotted into a top 6 role on the practice lines.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Dzingel brings even less to the table (except for maybe being a notch or two faster) and is frequently given top 6 minutes, or is slotted into a top 6 role on the practice lines.

Dzingel actually does nothing.

The only thing he does well is get in the O-zone to beat the icing. That's it. Everything else is a big meh. His hands can't keep up with the speed, like not even close. This is a guy that really shouldn't get top 6 minutes. His skillset is simply not good enough and he has a real tough time finishing. He's not particularly hard to play against and doesn't really make it tough on the opposing D.

I'd rather see DiDo in the top 6 at least he's not just running around fast, he's making plays.

For bottom 6 duties though he's a great guy to have in the mold of a Paul Byron or Viktor Stalberg (minus the defensive skill).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
BOucher really pushing the fact that he doesn't want chabot here lmao. At least that's what i get from his comments.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
BOucher really pushing the fact that he doesn't want chabot here lmao. At least that's what i get from his comments.
I just heard that on the radio on the way to work. So frustrating. He's gonna go down with his ship. Same pattern as in Tampa Bay. Amazing how he hasn't learned anything from that experience.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Really don't like that, it's Bouchers way of doing things that is hampering the best guys from playing. He needs to adapt from his own strict style.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I really like Dzingels games recently, he’s been maximum effort and has really skated into the O zone well. He’s been hard on the boards (for what he is) and I he’s played well, lots of speed, create chances and has been around the net. Duchene seems to play well with him.

I’m not knocking Hoffman, he reminds me of Kovalev, he’ll get his points and play some entertaining hockey, but overall when you look at the complete game you think ‘he did some good stuff, he did some bad stuff, he was soft parts of the game, hard on some plays, too talent, also floated at times and didn’t have the intensity I hoped for in certain situations - kind of a free spirit on the ice’ - fun to watch, hard to win games with when the focus isn’t there.

My expectation is Hoff got an earful from the coaching staff for his back check in the shorty and him holding onto the puck for way to long on the PP - he’ll move the puck quickly tonight, backcheck so hard he’ll crash into the backboards and score - and I’ll love him again

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I heard Boucher’s comments on Chabot and it sounds to me like a coach who is trying to protect a young player from fan expectations that Chabot is a top 4 NHL Dman and the next Scott Neidermeyer.

This win is on the Vets - Ryan get a goal, Duchene get a point for Ottawa, PP score a big goal for us, Andy get us a big win.

The old regime would of touted Chabot as a saviour and said pregame he’ll run the PP and do it well. Boucher has already made is safe for Chabot to make mistakes and be extremely average - that’s good coaching protecting prospects, not a stubborn ccoach such stuck in his ways.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What did he say?

Ok, so here's what I found:

Guy Boucher said:
“We’re happy to see Chabot here, but don’t make it any bigger than it is,” Boucher said. “He’s here because (Mark Borowiecki is injured). He’s still developing. He still has some things to work on, but we’re definitely going to use his strengths. We’re not going to ask him to come in here and change his way to play — and our way to play — and not put too much pressure on himself.”

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So he is pretty much saying a 20 year old isnt going to come in as a saviour? I think some people are hyping up Chabot way to early in his development

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Clearly it's Boucher's favourite duos + an extra guy with skates on.

Why do Ryan/Stone/Brass, etc get placed in these "duos" and how do the others like Hoff, Dzingel, Thompson become the "singles"? Has this ever been asked? Obviously, one is a centre, so that makes sense, but why does the second guy become part of the duo? Stone and Brass is obvious, the chemistry is there.

Please don't reply with "well, Hoff is a selfish player and he doesn't fit with any centre" takes. The Sens have tried to find Ryan a centre match since he has been here, yet we keep trying.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Really don't like that, it's Bouchers way of doing things that is hampering the best guys from playing. He needs to adapt from his own strict style.

It's precisely like you said, he's a very good coach...

BUT he needs to adapt and evolve to wrt certain things. Young players, not overthinking certain situations (3 on 3 putting Pyatt and Pageau for example), the PP, etc...

Hoff is a duo with Pageau.

Actually they're a trio with Pyatt, no?

Other than Hoffman-Pageau-DiDo that has just happened recently a couple of times, the three are always together when Hoff is with Pager.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ryan and Duchene together have a combined 16 games with ZERO goals and 6 assists.

If you want to a win, look no further then this line. It has to produce

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know why but I'm expecting a OT win for the Sens tonight. I think it will be a close game as the Caps are also coming off a bad loss and are at home looking for redemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad