Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the (US) Capital, Wed. 7:00 pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Wow. Chabot up even though just a couple hours ago management " had him down because he wasn't ready, "and they were alledgedly "correct in that choice" becuase they had a better "grip on things". AND some of us were "out of our minds" and just posting "knee jerk reactions" wanting him up.

That’s funny because I used the term “knee jerk reactions” but I wanted him up.

It’s an easy call up because Wideman is out and they have similar skill sets. With Boro suffering a concussion it’s a no-brainer and hopefully helps out the PP too.

I still think some of the posters here are out of their minds after losing three games.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That’s funny because I used the term “knee jerk reactions” but I wanted him up.

It’s an easy call up because Wideman is out and they have similar skill sets. With Boro suffering a concussion it’s a no-brainer and hopefully helps out the PP too.

I still think some of the posters here are out of their minds after losing three games.
Calling Up chabot and trying some new line combinations was as far as we went lmao.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dress 12-6

Dress Chabot

Put Oduya in the pressbox

Play Chabot on the 2nd pp

Keep the top 6 lines together for more than a period

I'd be good with that, but I doubt Boucher scratches Oduya.

Going 11-7 is ok too. I honestly think Dido could take a game off. He's hit a bit of a wall imo.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'd be good with that, but I doubt Boucher scratches Oduya.

Going 11-7 is ok too. I honestly think Dido could take a game off. He's hit a bit of a wall imo.
I agree with that, but if we dress 11-7 I guarantee that we don't get consistency with our top 6, which we 100% need and haven't been getting.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd go with:

Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Dzingel
Pyatt-Pageau-DiDomenico
Paul-Thompson-Burrows

Claesson-Karlsson
Dion-Ceci
Boro-Chabot

I'd much prefer Harpur-Chabot, but we know that isn't happening.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'd go with:

Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Dzingel
Pyatt-Pageau-DiDomenico
Paul-Thompson-Burrows

Claesson-Karlsson
Dion-Ceci
Boro-Chabot

I'd much prefer Harpur-Chabot, but we know that isn't happening.
Boro is out, so it would either be Harpur-Chabot or Oduya-Chabot in your suggested lineup.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I agree with that, but if we dress 11-7 I guarantee that we don't get consistency with our top 6, which we 100% need and haven't been getting.

Personally, I like to see consistency with duos rather than full lines. Sometimes you need to have the flexibility to shake things up.

Having said that, I understand the desire to see a more stable top 6 too.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Gotta feel bad for Belleville;

Chabot, Harpur and Paul all out of the lineup. There in for a rough stretch of games.

Shouldn't matter much. Coach KK and Randy Lee's big minute forwards are still there McCormick, O'Brien, Werek, while Burgdoerfer is there on D. (obvious sarcasm)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Wow. Chabot up even though just a couple hours ago management " had him down because he wasn't ready, "and they were alledgedly "correct in that choice" becuase they had a better "grip on things". AND some of us were "out of our minds" and just posting "knee jerk reactions" wanting him up.

Haha, this must have come from TSN1200, or Brennan.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yes
Its nice to be certain in one's opinions
Give him a few games and give him the reigns... Boucher has to support his development

With Wideman out for a long time, there is an opening for Chabot for the taking. Same goes for Harpur with Borocop gone for a while .

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If both our goalies would hurt themselves during a game, isn’t it a NHL rule to have a goalie per team in the stands?

And if so, would it be against the rules to dress only one goalie knowing there’s one in the stand (let’s say a Condon undercover with a wig and no mustache)?

And if its not against the rules, would it be possible for GB to go
11-8 or 12-7?

Hypothetically? (I’m sure he dreams about a 11-8 squad)

That would be funny.

But....I'm not sure if having a goalie in the stands is an official rule. I know Canadian and many traditional markets do it as standard practice, but I also recall a few instances where a team trainer has had to put on the gear for some games over the last few years when the goalie situation got dicey during a game.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Chabot was called up because Boro in gone for a while, and Ottawa always brings up "the most deserving player" from the AHL.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It would be nice if he kept some lines together for a little while.

I guess you must be pleased with management then.
With this particular choice. Sure. I think it was the right move. Who knows chabot might stink in his stint up here.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Just win, I don’t care how ugly, we need 2 points.

I’m past Matt Duchene impressing me, put him with Pyaat and Dido if that’s what it takes to win

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Chabot plays to win and has a ‘I’ll take care of this’ attitude. I think that’s exactly what we need, Chabot isn’t selfish, he just plays to win.

the team has been playing to score pretty goals, Chabot will play with a let’s get going attitude we’ve been lacking.

Very excited, perfect timing to get him in the lineup.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Man the disrespect that Phaneuf and Ceci receive on these boards is criminal.

The suggestion of Claesson, Wideman or Chabot being better, I don't even know how to handle that.

heres the thing i am not expecting phaneuf or ceci to be game breakers, im not even expecting them to be worth near their cap hit

but is it really too much to ask for them to play a game with limited amount of mistakes. Every dman makes mistakes, but a dman tries to make up for it. Both of them make mistakes, then when they try to make up for it end up making more mistakes.

I am perfectly fine with having both of them in the lineup, im not on that side where we need to trade them for anything. I rather though we put more skill on our defence so we have a much better chance at getting a benefit from our defence then getting burned by it.

if chabot can play anywhere from 16-18 minutes (which is 4-6 minutes more than what our #6 dman has been averaging) and we scale back minutes from phaneuf and ceci(and separate them) it will reduce the brain farts and thus also reduce the complaints. Phaneuf and Ceci are good defenceman, we just need to reduce their brain farts because they arent game changers.

claesson-karlsson
phaneuf-chabot (rather have this pairing flip sides but the system)
oduya-ceci

and in a perfect world when boro comes back he replaces oduya because either boro has been a lot better this year or oduya has been that bad...im not sure

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
If they dress 7 D then Chabot can be somewhat sheltered in a road game (as can Harpur). That can't hurt.

If they play only 11 forwards they should keep the top 6 on a regular rotation (probably a pipe dream).

Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Dzingel - Brass - Stone

Then they should just double shift Pageau within the bottom 6 rotation. Essentially gives our 7 best forwards top 6 minutes and our second tier guys all get 8-12 minutes.

Ryan, Duchene, Stone, Brass, Hoffman, Dzingle - 17-21 minutes
Pageau - 16-19 minutes
Thompson, Burrows, Pyatt, Dido or Paul - 8-12 minutes

Makes sense to me. Skilled players need reps with their linemates to consistently produce. Let them have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad