Shots For ( 25th )
Goals Against 3rd period(Tied for 6th)

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

lol-wat.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think that being 2nd in blocked shots is a good thing, especially given that our shots for is so low and GA is so high.

Shot blocking is a big part of why were 5th in the league in shots against, and 4th at 5v5, which is in turn a big part of why despite our goaltenders obvious struggles, we've scored more goals than we've given up.

Reactions: Alex1234

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I don't think that being 2nd in blocked shots is a good thing, especially given that our shots for is so low and GA is so high.
Not sure if I get it, our shots for are low because we are too busy blocking shots? I'd imagine if we didn't block half of those shots our GA would be even higher. But we do need to be better with the puck.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I don't mind those lines. Dido is an offensive guy playing with offensive guys. Hoffman Pageau Pyatt have known chemistry as a shutdown line with an offensive threat.

For those who tweets don't show up for:
Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
DiDomenico-Duchene-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Paul-Thompson-Burrows

Also Chabot is on the second PP with Phaneuf in front of the net.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I don't mind those lines. Dido is an offensive guy playing with offensive guys. Hoffman Pageau Pyatt have known chemistry as a shutdown line with an offensive threat.

Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
DiDomenico-Duchene-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Paul-Thompson-Burrows

DiDo is very slow, though, and we already have 1 slow guy on that line (Ryan)

Hoffman is a sniper, Ryan is a playmaker, Duchene is supposed to be both.
Them playing together could be quite a sight.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
All that talk from about how Duchene and Hoffman could be lethal together.. about us having 2 first line.. then you put Hoffman on the 3rd so we don't have 2 "first line".

Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan.. that's the line that should be together..
Dzingle-Brassard-Stone. It was good. Continue with that.
Then do whatever you want with the bottom half.

Reactions: Alex1234

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
DiDo is very slow, though, and we already have 1 slow guy on that line (Ryan)

Hoffman is a sniper, Ryan is a playmaker, Duchene is supposed to be both.
Them playing together could be quite a sight.

I imagine Hoff will get the odd double shift with that line anyways. It's spreading things out a bit, which has it's advantages, particularly on the road.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Really can't stand the line decisions Boucher is going with.

Ryan-Brassard-Stone was the best line we have had in a decade. Put them together.

Let Duchene and Hoffman play together for more than 5 minutes.

f***

Seems like we just try and outsmart ourselves consistently when the easy answer isn't being attempted.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Really can't stand the line decisions Boucher is going with.

Ryan-Brassard-Stone was the best line we have had in a decade. Put them together.

Let Duchene and Hoffman play together for more than 5 minutes.

Seems like we just try and outsmart ourselves consistently when the easy answer isn't being attempted.

Fully agree, it almost seems like Boucher is trying to replicate what teams like Toronto or Pittsburgh or Chicago do by spreading out their big guns throughout the lineup.

The problem is those teams have actual elite talent which allows them to do that. We need to stop being so cute and just put all of our best players with each other, like what 95% of the rest of the league does.

Brassard, Ryan, Duchene, Hoffman, and Stone should be in the top 6, every game. 4 of those guys should be on the 1PP with Karlsson, every game. Full stop.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Someone mentioned in a prior thread somewhere that GB's system progresses through out the season. I do believe that as well. We only a quarter way through the season. We're going to get alot better. We need to stay optimistic. Good things are coming.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017

Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
DiDomenico-Duchene-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Paul-Thompson-Burrows

I know Boucher is looking for chemistry between Ryan and Duchene but on the 2nd line Duchene is not exactly playing with two speedsters on his wings. I would like to see Ryan and Dzingel flipped. Why Ryan Brass and Stone isn't a line 100% of the time I don't know and Duchene looked good with Dzingel.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I hope Dominico is off the top line by the second shift. Judy try Paul up there. See what he can do with good line mates.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Boucher needs to allow players to play together at least a few games before deciding they don't have chemistry...it's getting really frustrating. The team can't build chemistry when they're being jumbled around so much.

Need to see Hoffman in the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad