Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the (US) Capital, Wed. 7:00 pm on SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
That's what's killing me with this trade.

We knew Zibanejad had his best summer of training since he was staying in Ottawa for the entire sumer to work with Chris Schwarz (First time he did that) and before we even get to see how he developped ... We trade him...

Doesn't make sense.

Not to take GDT in a totally unrelated direction but if you want the truth to the answer it's probably because we hired someone in house for our new GM. We picked a guy who had been part of the management group frustrated with Zibanejad's commitment (or lack thereof) in previous summers and after regressing as a team after the Hamburglar season I think Dorion was dead-set on a shakeup of the roster.
As much of a what if as the Zibanejad situation is I always wonder why the posters who are enamored with him never seem to be frustrated by the lack of dedication he had shown in so many off-seasons prior to the great off-season near extension time for him.

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
on a positive not I think Chabot looked a fair amount better than a lot of the older less mobile defenders on our team, it was refreshing to watch him skate by forwards. Really interested to see what he can do with Dumont on the roster

Reactions: Cosmix

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Team seems to compete until we give up that first goal and then everyone just deflates.

That PP is starting to become a huge mental block too.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Team seems to compete until we give up that first goal and then everyone just deflates.

That PP is starting to become a huge mental block too.
Seems like they try really hard to get the first goal so they can sit back and protect the lead. When they don't get the lead they don't know how to adjust when trailing.

How many come from behind wins did the Sens have ever since Boucher took over? I don't remember many

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Chabot gets the 4th most ice-time, and looks good doing it.

That's the only positive I see.

And Guy Boucher find something ''bad'' to say about him.. That's ridiculous..

He said that he was good, but you could see why he was sent to the AHL. To work on the small detail like not trying to clear the zone by the middle...

And to that i want to answer : FFS... Maybe you should send Hoffman back to the AHL because he tried it too when he had a clear lane to chip the puck out of the zone but he tried to pass it to the middle and we almost got scored on.. Or maybe do it with all your D who try it too.. I love Boucher but he is blind to the Vets... i that is pissing me off.

He should have said : Chabot had a good game, he is progressing.
That would be the truth, he and would not be hypocrite since the ''VETS'' are doing the same mistake as Chabot...

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
And Guy Boucher find something ''bad'' to say about him.. That's ridiculous..

He said that he was good, but you could see why he was sent to the AHL. To work on the small detail like not trying to clear the zone by the middle...

And to that i want to answer : FFS... Maybe you should send Hoffman back to the AHL because he tried it too when he had a clear lane to chip the puck out of the zone but he tried to pass it to the middle and we almost got scored on.. Or maybe do it with all your D who try it too.. I love Boucher but he is blind to the Vets... i that is pissing me off.

He should have said : Chabot had a good game, he is progressing.
That would be the truth, he and would not be hypocrite since the ''VETS'' are doing the same mistake as Chabot...
The number of times Karlsson clears by the middle or makes a little pass in front of our net...

I like GB but as would say formentonthefuture he is wrong

Reactions: Newgates59

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Chabot gets the 4th most ice-time, and looks good doing it.

That's the only positive I see.

Guy quickly made sure to point out the negatives post game....can't have any young guys feeling good about their game!

Seriously though...there is a an issue at hand right now, hard to determine if it is coaching or execution....one can easily find fault in both.

Appears our strongest assets last year in our coach, system and best players have all simultaneously checked out.

The powerplay is beyond repair I guess....100 games of notta and no signs of changing....laughable set ups, not a person moving their feet and absolute crazy angle shots being attempted....even the most casual of fan can see this plain as day.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think Boucher needs to get a refund from whatever university he got that psychology degree. The last thing you want to do is rip the confidence out from under a rookie....especially a rookie defenseman. I mean, there are ways to phrase things to help a person feel somewhat good about themselves, even if the entire message isn't entirely positive. Say he's a "work in progress," or he "saw some encouraging signs in his development" or "working on the little details to add to his overall game," or something....

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Boucher wasn't tough on him at all was he? Just said he had things to work on. And that they love him.
Why people over reacting? Cause hf?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Boucher wasn't tough on him at all was he? Just said he had things to work on. And that they love him.
Why people over reacting? Cause hf?
I didn't hear the quotes but people are making it sound like he has to work on things in the AHL. That's a pretty big implication imo if true.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I didn't hear the quotes but people are making it sound like he has to work on things in the AHL. That's a pretty big implication imo if true.

Basically Boucher said he needed to work on defensive play, specifically little details at 5 on 5 like turnovers and using the boards and that's why he's currently in the AHL (aside from the call-up obviously)

Also was quick to say they love him, they know he will become a good pro, and he was great on the PP (did they even use him on the 5v3, I didn't see him if they did, but that might be because Karlsson was needlessly holding on to the puck the whole freaking time).

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I agree Nashville probably got the best return on investment but Girard is in the same conversation as Chabot as far as value and that is an attractive piece. Sakic wasn't going to give up a good player for a handful of second tier assets, Girard was the steak in the deal for Colorado and everything else was a side dish. Can't have a good meal with just sides.

I really hope Duchene settles and gets 50pts this year and I still think he can, he is streaky. If not and we miss the playoffs its going to be unbearable around here again.

Really? I didn't think Girard was ever debated as the best prospect in the world. I thought Girard was more of a ceci a couple years ago in value. #2-3 upside type of thing

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Honestly, taking into account expectations and deployment, I was more disappointed with Karlsson's play than Ceci's.
I agree Karlsson is on a serious slide since his return
Doesn’t have the jump to separate himself from the forecheker to launch the attack
And his decisions and timing are off also

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The old saying is show me a great coach and I'll show you a great goalie, well, no matter how good a coach you are, you can't overcome a sub 900 sv%. Add to that Karlsson has been terrible, and I think the team is having a hard time finding confidence.

I remember some years with lalime barely hovering over .900 but our team was able to score to win the game and fight for Presidents trophies and division titles.

.905, .903, and .905 were 3 of lalimes seasons. We were a 100-110 point team and didn't have a superstar forward. Alfie had yet to become a top player in the league and hossa was a ~60 point winger like stone. You can have an inferior team with a proper system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad