GDT: SENS in California (San Jose), Sat. 10:00pm on SportsNet

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
So we blame Boucher for Dorion’s bad trades? We don’t blame Dorion?

Boucher had nothing to do with Ryan and Phaneuf. They were already here.

Nick Paul? Are you serious? Who cares about Nick ****ing Paul? Even Dorion said he wasn’t nhl ready at one point.
It's both their faults, Dorion has brought in players Boucher wanted but agree that none of Dorion's trades have worked out. And I would rather see Paul than Dumont.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Does anyone trust Dorion through a rebuild if that's what we do? I sure as hell don't

Why not? He's a good GM. Heck, look at the last draft. Formenton and Batherson, picked in the 2nd and 4th rounds, might make Team Canada. That's insane.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well I disagree to a point.. I don't think its that black and white. I think the players have a lot to do with the success and there are key pieces/performances missing from last year's team. It is very hard to have success. Guy could not mask all the holes in this team this year.. his fault ... you can believe that if you want.
It's not all his fault. But like. We've been bad all season it's not just this past streak. And the guy has not changed one iota. He's a one trick pony who got carried by one of the best performances from a d man EVER. On the flip side. If a coach needs that sort of performance from a d man and goalie at absolutely all time. How good is he? He can't adjust to anything.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It's both their faults, Dorion has brought in players Boucher wanted but agree that none of Dorion's trades have worked out. And I would rather see Paul than Dumont.

Dude, Nick Paul ain’t gonna make much difference. If they want to try him, fine, but come on. He’s had a chance up here already. Did he impress you?

White has a chance to be a good one, but time in the minors isn’t bad for him right now.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Why not? He's a good GM. Heck, look at the last draft. Formenton and Batherson, picked in the 2nd and 4th rounds, might make Team Canada. That's insane.

That's only one part of a being a GM. And really, how much did he have input on the draft. How do you know if for example Mann had the last say.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Our scouts deserve that credit, not Dorion. Dorion did great things for the team back when he was a scout. If he wants to stick around in that role, fine but he is not fit to be a general manager.

kenempa

May 10, 2017
Personally I think he's out of options and trying to find a spark somewhere but nothing working. I like Boucher as a person, he's honest and he's accountable but the team has stopped listening to him

Yeah I agree. Something's definitely off with the players.

Reactions: Alex1234

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Our scouts deserve that credit, not Dorion. Dorion did great things for the team back when he was a scout. If he wants to stick around in that role, fine but he is not fit to be a general manager.

You could probably say the same for Tim Murray. Not much success in Buffalo.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's not all his fault. But like. We've been bad all season it's not just this past streak. And the guy has not changed one iota. He's a one trick pony who got carried by one of the best performances from a d man EVER. On the flip side. If a coach needs that sort of performance from a d man and goalie at absolutely all time. How good is he? He can't adjust to anything.
Again yes there is some validity to your stance but I don't think it's that simple.. That's my opinion... I think there is blame to share here .. Dorion, Boucher, performance ... its not all on the coach and its too easy to say that a player is playing poorly .. its up to the coach to get him playing well... that can happen but those situations differ widely.. I agree he has some blame in his lack of flexibility with who he plays ahead of others and we can speculate that would have made a significant enough difference but ... I see a real lack of depth on this team.. We rely on guys like Ryan and Smith to produce like top 6ers. We have a slow , error proned defense. We have had sub par goal tending.. That's a lot to put on a coach to say go out there and win with this.

Reactions: DrEasy and aragorn

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You could probably say the same for Tim Murray. Not much success in Buffalo.
For sure. I'll never argue that Tim wasn't great at finding amateur talent. But he doesn't possess the tools to be a successful GM. Finding talent and putting together a team aren't the same thing. Negotiating isn't the same as drafting the highest guy on your board.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah I agree. Something's definitely off with the players.
Yeah they're pissed off having to listen to boucher and they're pissed off at dorions trades and listening to him tell the media how they all hugged him and high fived him.

One side of me says grow up. The other side of me pities them for that.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Why are people talking about firing the coach?

This team played all of last year with speed, discipline, structure, a system, they attacked the neutral zone, they turned over pucks, they generated scoring chances, they got average to above average goaltending.

None of that exists anymore. Is that literally only the coach's responsibility? There's something very clearly wrong with this team and I honestly don't think it has anything to do with Boucher or his system. This guy prepares meticulously. He's extraordinary with detail. He adapts game plans to opponents. Do you seriously think he isn't trying anything and everything he can think of to get this team back on track?

Something has very clearly happened somewhere along the way. These guys look like they're skating uphill every game. They can't keep pucks on their sticks. They can't win foot races to loose pucks. They're getting beat on the board and basically everywhere on the ice. They bobble passes. They can't think the game properly and it's been the case ever since they got back from Sweden. They were 8-3-5 before they left Sweden and had one of the best point percentages in the NHL. Since they've come back they have been THE worst team in the league.

Someone explain to me how that's the fault of the coach or the GM? Did Guy Boucher come back from Sweden and all of a sudden forget how to coach a team?
Everything is against them right now
Methot, Turris,Karlsson,Boro,Wideman injuries , Sweden,Back-to-backs
Bad calls everywhere
The last time they didn't take the first or first 2 or first 3 penalties of the game was against Columbus on nov 24 thats weird
At this level when the confidence is low it doesn't take much to send the ship sinking

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Again yes there is some validity to your stance but I don't think it's that simple.. That's my opinion... I think there is blame to share here .. Dorion, Boucher, performance ... its not all on the coach and its too easy to say that a player is playing poorly .. its up to the coach to get him playing well... that can happen but those situations differ widely.. I agree he has some blame in his lack of flexibility with who he plays ahead of others and we can speculate that would have made a significant enough difference but ... I see a real lack of depth on this team.. We rely on guys like Ryan and Smith to produce like top 6ers. We have a slow , error proned defense. We have had sub par goal tending.. That's a lot to put on a coach to say go out there and win with this.
Oh yeah previous management and current management have not built some ideal attractive project for coaches lmao

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Final move here is for one more forward. I mean. If there is a legit young star at forward we need to look into trading ceci. I mean. Dorion isn't tanking. He traded for duchene like 3 weeks ago.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I agree there are so many areas of concern with this team & this franchise it's hard to pinpoint just one. The owner is a problem, the GM has made trades that haven't worked out, the coach improved the team last yr & lost it this yr. The players are playing like crap, the scorers aren't scoring, the goalies aren't stopping pucks & the defence are not preventing goals or chipping in offensively & next to zero secondary scoring. They are on one of the worse slumps we have seen in 20 yrs of watching this team or since their inception. What do you do when you have so many holes in the boat? Abandon ship!

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I wonder which of Sens is brave enough to come out of dressing room for comments after this stinker.

Can't wait to hear Boucher...

Joider

Aug 13, 2012
Ottawa
If we were losing games 3-2 or even 4-3, I would give more of a benefit of doubt towards Boucher, but these 50 shot 5-0 losses are inexcusable. Even when Cameron was here, it rarely got that bad, and I still believe him to be the worst coach we've ever had. At this point, the players need to be given a system that allows them to be more creative with the puck rather than a system that treats them like defensive robots.

Reactions: Cosmix

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Seems like the players have quit on the team, not on the coach. I'm sure they would love to put it on the line for Boucher as he has always had their back and they did well together. But all of the decisions seem to be made with $ in mind, even to the detriment of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad