Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk: It's now the 2015-16 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Ya. 2 years in the NCAA should be more than enough. Then at least a year in the AHL.

I'm hoping he has a great season than sign next year to play pro. He could play 1 or 2 years in the AHL and be a call up if needed.

Normally when they play in the NCAA, they're at school right? So maybe he will finish school first. Even if he enter the NHL(AHL) at 22, he's still going to be very young.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Terrible situation, but why couldn't he have spoken to somebody in the organization about this before taking off home? Hell, just send Murray a text, he of all people would understand

Totally agreed. Wikstrand could have and should have handled this differently. Seems a bit immature. If you are going away, let your boss know.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Since returning to Sweden Mikael Wikstrand, on his own initiative, has had contact with Brian Murray via email.

– "I called Daniel Alfredsson today and explained myself. But my agents have handled the contact with Ottawa".

Wait, hold on... so he has personally talked to a newspaper about this, but he still isn't talking to the team?

This kid hasn't learned a god damned thing. I feel for him, Leukemia is awful and my heart goes out to him and his family during a very hard time, but this kid needs to sit down and have a one-on-one with Murray and the Sens.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Wait, hold on... so he has personally talked to a newspaper about this, but he still isn't talking to the team?

This kid hasn't learned a god damned thing. I feel for him, Leukemia is awful and my heart goes out to him and his family during a very hard time, but this kid needs to sit down and have a one-on-one with Murray and the Sens.

First, that's what agents are for. They handle these situations, and get paid well for it. Second, as the you yourself quoted, Wikstrand himself reached out to Murray by email. He is likely referring to the negotiations over his status, which again, are the responsibility of the agent.

I'm not saying Wikstrand has handled this well or appropriately. But given where we are now, I don't fault him for using his agent.

Last edited:

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010

I don't think it is unreasonable that given the incendiary legal context of his situation, his agents want to handle negotiation with the entity that has suspended him. This seems completely normal to me.

Him personally reaching out through informal channels is actually a good way to correspond given the above.

Much ado about nothing here...

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation

It is an unfortunate situation for him and his family, but like you said, going to the media with this before even going directly to the team, to me, just seems like he's trying to leverage the situation and in turn put the Sens in a position where they are forced to let him play so that they don't look like the bad guy.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah, I think both Bonk and Bahn Ahden are right: it is ok for Wik to use his agent to talk to Ottawa management, but then if he's trusting his agents to do the talking, maybe he shouldn't be talking directly to the press about the matter either? It can't be helping his agent's job.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Perron now has the longest point streak in CHL this season. 14 games, 13 goals, 13 assists and counting. Has points in every game he played.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
26 points in 14 games, and yet he isn't even in the top-5 in scoring in the league.

The QMJHL is a silly place.

Silly in that 4 of the 5 guys ahead of him have 4 more games played? He'd be in 2nd place in pts per game I beleive.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
In mid October Sylvain St-Laurent said in Le Droit that Gabriel Gagné should be getting back to the ice before the end of the month. Does anyone have an update? Hopefully we see him hit the ice soon.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Silly in that 4 of the 5 guys ahead of him have 4 more games played? He'd be in 2nd place in pts per game I beleive.

Silly in the context of the high-school-level ppg that comes out of that league at times.

It wasn't a comment about where Perron fares in the scoring race compared to his peers, it was a comment about the scoring race in that league in general.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Silly in the context of the high-school-level ppg that comes out of that league at times.

It wasn't a comment about where Perron fares in the scoring race compared to his peers, it was a comment about the scoring race in that league in general.

Not much different from other major junior leagues.

Top scoring in last 3 season:
Q: 129-120-110
W: 118-118-120
O: 129-128-109

Players with 100+ points last 3 season:
Q: 13
W: 13
O: 15

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

If the 5th leading scorer in the OHL had 18 games played at the same pace, he'd have 26.31 pts, so the same thing could very well happen to Perron over there. In the WHL, the 5th leading scorer is on pace for 31.85 pts in 18 games.

In fact, he's 2nd in pts per game among the Q (top 6 only, I didn't go further) and would be 2nd in the OHL, and 3rd in the WHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Bad rep hard to shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad