Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk: It's now the 2015-16 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm still holding out that Ruslan Bashkirov will end his feud with the Sens org and come back to be that top-6 guy Murray has been looking for.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Biggest Risers and Fallers

Relative to before training camp in September, which of the Sens prospects do you consider the biggest risers and fallers?

I'm excluding Stone, Hoffman, Pageau and Hammond from my lists.

Risers
1. Curtis Lazar - made the team out of camp, which I did not expect. Looked like a quality NHLer down the stretch.

2. Nick Paul - Breakout offensive season, impressive at the WJCs.

3. Shane Prince - Very good offensive season, still at an early age for the AHL -- after the bizarre rumors last year that he'd requested a trade.

HM - Lindberg, Wideman, Francis Perron

Fallers
1. Vincent Dunn - Very weak offensive output, and sent home from his team before the playoffs.

2. Robbie Baillargeon - Had mono early in the season. As a result, didn't make the jump in offensive output you normally see at 20/21 for true prospects.

3. Buddy Robinson - I had really expected more offense this year.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'm still holding out that Ruslan Bashkirov will end his feud with the Sens org and come back to be that top-6 guy Murray has been looking for.

You know looking at his numbers in the Q...they werent really impressive. Kinda under sized too

Looking around at the draft though i guess there werent many scorers left

Also interesting...his brother played on the same team at the same age and out scored him and went undrafted i believe? i think Roman and Ruslan Bashkirov or am i just confused..? did he have a twin

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
You know looking at his numbers in the Q...they werent really impressive. Kinda under sized too

Also interesting...his brother played on the same team at the same age and out scored him and went undrafted i believe? i think Roman and Ruslan Bashkirov or am i just confused..? did he have a twin

He had a twin, and I seem to recall a rumour at one point Ottawa was looking at signing his twin to something in the organization to get him to come over here. From what I recall it's why he went back - was to play together.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

It's funny, the year he was drafted I played against them both in the pre-season. Had no clue who they were aside from top import picks,and assumed they were 2 years apart due to the size difference, but turns out they are twins. We couldn't believe it.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
When are we doing the top prospects polls?

I can't remember if we do it before or after the draft.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013

Not a day goes by...

Ruslan + Roman > Sedins

Of course the guy who was picked next wouldn't have hurt either :(

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Ruslan and Roman were unstoppable. Had they stayed, we would be in the final vs. Chicago right now, book it.

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
He had a twin, and I seem to recall a rumour at one point Ottawa was looking at signing his twin to something in the organization to get him to come over here. From what I recall it's why he went back - was to play together.

I think there was a rumour that their father wouldn't let Ruslan sign with the Sens unless they signed his brother too. I don't think the Sens were to keen to do so

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I really hope he tries and comes over. I don't think playing in the SHL will help him grow anymore. If you are going to be playing shutdown gotta adapt yourself to the actual environment you will be doing it in.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I really hope he tries and comes over. I don't think playing in the SHL will help him grow anymore.

I'm not sure if an overage CHL year is going to help him all that much, either.

Englund is actually eligible to play in the AHL this coming season, though... would that league be too much for him at this age?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm not sure if an overage CHL year is going to help him all that much, either.

Englund is actually eligible to play in the AHL this coming season, though... would that league be too much for him at this age?

He wouldn't be an overaged player this year, he would be a 19 year old. 95's are overagers this coming season.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, that's why he is not coming over. But realistically that's his level right now.

Well that's not why he's not coming over. He would play in the CHL if he were to come over, same as Lindberg.

He isn't coming over because he will get time at home in the SHL.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Any update on whether Wikstrand will accept the AHL this year. Would really help him to be here and let the coaches see him on NA ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad