Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2014-2015 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Is Lindberg signed yet? Because doesn't he re-enter the draft if he's not signed before June 1st? Or would he be included for the new rules for European players.

He's considered a "European player" since, we drafted him from a European club.

NHL CBA
8 8.6(d) Players Drafted from a Club Outside North America.
(i) Notwithstanding any provision of Sections 8.6(a) or (b) to the contrary, if
a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is drafted from a club outside North
America, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation
for his services through and including the fourth June 1 following his
selection in the Entry Draft. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to
such Player to retain such rights.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I believe what makes those goals special are the importance they are scored in and the context of their magnitude. Also, remember when he was drafted he was a very raw player and compared to Zibanejad in that regard. A guy who is blazing fast and has good defensive and physical game(relative to his age and role) but had untapped and unknown offensive upside. These bode well even if they just transition to a Hagelin type influence down the road which would still be major steal for 4th round pick.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I'll be honest didn't watch him a lot this year but to me these actually are pro goals? Maybe not the toe drag but like RKL stated it's a gwg and he was cool and smart on that play.

His other 2 goals IMO are what you'd like to see. VS Rimouski he battled in front of the net for 2 rebounds and the other is a tying goal on a one timer in the slot top shelf. The way he got that up is nice to see for hopefully a future pro.

That's just my 0,02$

Jonathan81

Sep 12, 2011
I believe what makes those goals special are the importance they are scored in and the context of their magnitude. Also, remember when he was drafted he was a very raw player and compared to Zibanejad in that regard. A guy who is blazing fast and has good defensive and physical game(relative to his age and role) but had untapped and unknown offensive upside. These bode well even if they just transition to a Hagelin type influence down the road which would still be major steal for 4th round pick.

Agreed, only difference is that it could be a 6'3 220lbs Hagelin :)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Agreed, only difference is that it could be a 6'3 220lbs Hagelin :)

And that's the good part. :handclap: Really looking forward to Paul & Lindberg in Bingo next yr, I really hope he decides to go to Bingo. Same with Wikstrand.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Nice skating and puck control by lindberg

lindberg with a nice dish but the shooter waited to long

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
So far i think Lindberg had been Oshawa's best forward offensively in this game. He looks more ready to play

Havent been watching the game with 100 percent attention

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lindberg drew a penalty with his size and speed

Lindberg looks lost on the pp just floating around in the high slot not in a good position. Didnt touch the puck at all but just wasnt in a position to receive the puck

By far Lindberg's best asset is his skating. Its not just straight line speed like Greening and Michalek. Hes very agile and has good puck control. At least thats what im seeing this game

Looks smaller then he actually is because how agile he is

Nice quick release on his shot but shot it into the goalies pads

Last edited:

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
I noticed the awkward highslot positioning as well (could be a secondary screen play), but actually he did get the puck and set up Oshawas best chance on that PP with a quick spinorama pass. It was quick but very noticeable. He's played really well so far

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
for a big guy McCaaron doesnt seem super solid

McCarron pulled a condra

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
That was a nice subtle pass by Lindberg to McCarron. McCarron bobbled it.

tape to tape no look pass but i dont know if Lindberg meant to do it lol i doubt he saw McCarron

Lindberg looks good but hes seems to not be very physical and its hard to put a finger on it but there seems to be a lack of structure in his game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad