Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2014-2015 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Doesnt seem like they are using Lindberg a ton. He was playing well too. Creating alot when he was on. Dal Colle's line is getting a lot of minutes

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
How does it work here, is it continuous OT?

Anyways, my picks are Nick Merkley and Toby Lindberg:handclap:

Lindberg could have 2-3 assists and a goal right now if finishing was better. He created some good chances and had one very good opportunity. The are playing Dal Colle, Smith and Cassels a ton. Hope Lindberg can get some ice time. He's hot right now

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lindberg GW? or just an assist?

NVM just an assist i think. Great vision to set up the point shot though

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Lindberg!?

Nope. He would have banged it in though if cirelli not there

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
For people saying Lindberg looked lost on PP it's a set play Oshawa has to put Lindberg high slot for one timers kinda like Heatley back in the days. It gives them an option for a one time or he can move it around he made a sick backhand pass to Dal Colle for a great chance too

What I liked the most about his play in the tournament is he wouldn't just dump it in or go into the corners to let the play die, he carried the puck with speed, set up in the zone and cut back to look at his options coming into the zone like he did on the GWG. To me this is great hockey sense

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
For people saying Lindberg looked lost on PP it's a set play Oshawa has to put Lindberg high slot for one timers kinda like Heatley back in the days. It gives them an option for a one time or he can move it around he made a sick backhand pass to Dal Colle for a great chance too

What I liked the most about his play in the tournament is he wouldn't just dump it in or go into the corners to let the play die, he carried the puck with speed, set up in the zone and cut back to look at his options coming into the zone like he did on the GWG. To me this is great hockey sense

His puck control and speed certainly opened up a ton of ice. Like i said its not just his speed either its his agility and skating overall

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
His puck control and speed certainly opened up a ton of ice. Like i said its not just his speed either its his agility and skating overall

Agreed. Couple of times he battled in the corners and even got loose (sp?) from Morissey who is a very good skater himself, all that with his agility and quick turns. Will be interesting to see him in Bingo next year

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Who looks better, McCarron or Lindberg?

Lindberg imo. Although I think its worth pointing out that i think Lindberg had some defensive miscues or was at least involved in some of Kelowna's early chances

McCarron was disappointing for me and despite his size i thought he fell down easily. Lindberg despite being smaller was better on his skates balance wise. McCarron played a physical role though

McCarron choked hard on that wide open net on a set up by lindberg. It can be argued Lindberg was one of the more involved players offensively creating a lot with his speed. Lindberg definitely created a lot of space well coming in with speed and stopping on a dime

I hate saying this but i thought watching lindberg that he kinda plays a pond hockey style thats not super structured. I only saw him for like two games though

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Lindberg imo. Although I think its worth pointing out that i think Lindberg had some defensive miscues or was at least involved in some of Kelowna's early chances

McCarron was disappointing for me and despite his size i thought he fell down easily. Lindberg despite being smaller was better on his skates balance wise. McCarron played a physical role though

McCarron choked hard on that wide open net on a set up by lindberg. It can be argued Lindberg was one of the more involved players offensively creating a lot with his speed. Lindberg definitely created a lot of space well coming in with speed and stopping on a dime

I hate saying this but i thought watching lindberg that he kinda plays a pond hockey style thats not super structured. I only saw him for like two games though

It could be the transition from a European to North American game,.Thats fixable, I'm sure after some time under Richardson he will play with much more structure.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Looked really good to me.

Decisive when he had the puck and really likes to have the puck on his stick...that is a big positive in my books anyway.

Also don't think there is anything to worry about from a structure standpoint - it is junior hockey so not much structure to begin with and there have been more than a few players who actually look better when they get to a higher level and can put into a situation where the structure is more apparent.

That said - having a kid with creativity is awesome and would much rather have him and need him to try and fit a little into a system than a pure system guy.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Lindberg and Paul are going to breathe new life into the Binghamton offence (thank heaven). If Lazar does start down and Puempel is not with the big team, it sets up nicely in the Top 6 for a Puempel - Lazar pairing and a Lindberg - Paul pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad