Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2014-2015 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I wonder how Dunn does next season, I'm guessing he plays in Bingo or Evansville.

"Hispanic@TheDisco":

V Dunn seems like a bit of a loose cannon to me.....

I hope he matures next season and yes V Dunn will either be in Evansville or Binghamton next season.....

I hope that Ottawa resigns RFA Kramer as he has worked very hard to improve his play & in my opinion deserves a new contract.......

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
"Hispanic@TheDisco":

V Dunn seems like a bit of a loose cannon to me.....

I hope he matures next season and yes V Dunn will either be in Evansville or Binghamton next season.....

I hope that Ottawa resigns RFA Kramer as he has worked very hard to improve his play & in my opinion deserves a new contract.......

kramer seems very well liked by his teammates too

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
kramer seems very well liked by his teammates too

"Vesa Awesaka":

Kid has come a long way since he got here.

Darren's skating has improved a lot and he has even started to have a scoring touch he will never be a Bloomfield or SDC...................

Kramer has busted his rear and I am happy he has improved all aspects of his game... He protects his teammates and everybody likes Darren down here. He is a nice young man..........

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
"Vesa Awesaka":

Kid has come a long way since he got here.

Darren's skating has improved a lot and he has even started to have a scoring touch he will never be a Bloomfield or SDC...................

Kramer has busted his rear and I am happy he has improved all aspects of his game... He protects his teammates and everybody likes Darren down here. He is a nice young man..........

Kramer seems like one of those guys you keep around even if he isn't going to make it to the NHL, he won't take a crucial development spot and helps create a positive culture for the team.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Lindberg - Paul - Lazar its not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

It could also be Paul - Lazar - Lindberg depending on where they see Lazar & Paul playing. And if Lazar ends up in Bingo to start the yr we might see it next yr, down there. I like Paul - Lazar - Lindberg, it just looks like a well balanced line. Lazar & Paul have a very good combination of grit & two way defensive play. Lindberg has the size, speed & skill combination & the other two can add offence as well. :handclap:

Kramer seems very much like the Bingo version of a younger Neil in Ottawa. He knows his role & plays it well.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
If i had to choose a prospect the sens recently had that reminds me of lindberg id choose hoffman. I heard someone say Puempel though
Lazar reminds me of a less offensively gifted Parise that thinks the game at a lower level offensively and doesnt have the mentality to be that good offensively
Idk who paul reminds me of. Maybe Gaustad.

Prince reminds me of a Hoffman/Pageau hybrid.

Not sure who to compare Dzingle to but i think hes poised to have a very good year in bingo next season.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Paul is like Benn-lite. Lanky, great puckhanding for big guy, excellent stick, great shot, very responsible defensively, can dominate on the wall and strong leadership.

Parise-lite is perfect example for Lazar.

Lindberg is nothing like Hoffman, imo. He's like a Nino Niederreiter.

Prince is like Pageau and Hoffman a bit yea.

Dzingel is like Drury-lite

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Those comparisons make we wish for a good strong development process for them. That's a great team strengthening group when they arrive.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Lol Lazar is no parise lite. He's a rich man's Erik condra.

Lindberg can be a solid 3rd liner. I like the Carl hagelin comparison I've made many times.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Lindberg can be a solid 3rd liner. I like the Carl hagelin comparison I've made many times.

Rich man's Erik Condra is 20 goal 40 point forward which is essentially Parise-lite.

Remember, we mostly talking player style comparisons. The lite means essentially 20 or half the points off the totals the guy he's being compared to gets.

Lazar's physicality, leadership, shot are no where comparable to Condra, more like Parise.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

The difference is talent and skill set between Lazar and Parise is smaller then that of Lazar and Condra. Parise just thinks the game at a much highier level then Lazar and has a more offensive mentality. I mean when Parise scored 40 goal 90 percent of them or something crazy were right in front of the net and knocking in rebounds

I said it was a comparison awhile back and a Minnesota fan mentioned it as a comparison. Its unlikely Lazar ever scores like Parise but theres a lot of similaries physicaly and skill set wise.

I mean i would say Hoffman is kinda a kessel lite. Doesnt mean Hoffman is going to score 80 points.

I've heard a ton of conflicting reports or Lindberg. Some say hes a playmaker, some say hes a goal scorer, some say hes a two way player, some say he doesnt use linemates and tries to be a hero, some say hes overly fancy and tries to dangle out of his own zone, some say he has no hockey sense.

Personally when i watched him he was overly fancy trying to go between his own legs and dangle in his own zone. Lindberg appears to be very skilled along with his A+ skating to go along with his size. Aside from being Swedish Hagelin compares because his skating but overall im not sure thats the best comparison. I like the Nieder comparison.

Last edited:

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I see Lazar as a 30 point player. When Lazar is compared to parise it gives off a vibe that Lazar is an offensive minded player. I don't see Lazar ever matching 50% of parise's point total.

I project Lazar to be a vital defensive 3rd line player who puts up the occasional point. I think that condra comparison brings out the kind of player that I think he will be.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
I see Lazar as a 30 point player. When Lazar is compared to parise it gives off a vibe that Lazar is an offensive minded player. I don't see Lazar ever matching 50% of parise's point total.

I project Lazar to be a vital defensive 3rd line player who puts up the occasional point. I think that condra comparison brings out the kind of player that I think he will be.

He turned 20 in February.

Lazar scored 9 points (5G/4A) in 7 games at the WJC this year. In his Memorial Cup winning season with Edmonton, he scored 76 points (41G/35A) in 58 games. He then went PPG in the playoffs and Memorial Cup run.

I get that people are disappointed that he didn't put up a considerable amount of points this year. People got their expectations a tad too high and, to be fair, his offensive production was less than everyone expected. But I don't understand how someone could come to the conclusion that he'll be a 30 point player at most when he absolutely dominated offensively in the WHL just a year ago. The Condra comparison also makes no sense to me. Lazar already has better offensive skills and instincts than Erik Condra.

Again, he just turned 20.

Chalk me up as someone who believes he will become a 60 point player.

EDIT: And the funniest thing is that he put up an 82 game pace to score 18 points which obviously isn't very good but he was 12th on our team for Forwards TOI/G (including 12th for PP TOI/G).

Last edited:

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010

Lazar scored 9 points (5G/4A) in 7 games at the WJC this year. In his Memorial Cup winning season with Edmonton, he scored 76 points (41G/35A) in 58 games. He then went PPG in the playoffs and Memorial Cup run.

I get that people are disappointed that he didn't put up a considerable amount of points this year. People got their expectations a tad too high and, to be fair, his offensive production was less than everyone expected. But I don't understand how someone could come to the conclusion that he'll be a 30 point player at most when he absolutely dominated offensively in the WHL just a year ago. The Condra comparison also makes no sense to me. Lazar already has better offensive skills and instincts than Erik Condra.

50 forwards scored 60 pts this year. That is 1.66 forwards/team.

You think Lazar will be 1 of that 1.66?

This isn't 1992. 60 pts forwards are first liners.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I think so too but it could also depend on where they play Lazar. If they play him at centre then he could have the opportunity to put up a lot more pts. But if they keep him on the wing I'm just not sure he has the ability the create his own scoring chances & will depend on whoever his centre is to set him up, which IMO would reduce the amount of pts he accumulates.

IMO Lazar has the potential to be a good two way defensive centre who can contribute offensively if he has some good goal scoring wingers on his line. If Lazar is sent to Bingo next season & they put him in the middle of Paul & Lindberg, that has the makings of an excellent line & potentially a good NHL 3rd line that with experience could become a 2nd line. In 5 yrs time Lazar could be where Turris is now or maybe better but he also might not be but he has all the tools to do it including the work ethic. It is one of the reasons why I would like to see Pageau moved, to be able to give Lazar a greater opportunity at centre sometime soon.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lazar will be at worst a top 6 player in this league imo

he has a really good shot

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
50 forwards scored 60 pts this year. That is 1.66 forwards/team.

You think Lazar will be 1 of that 1.66?

This isn't 1992. 60 pts forwards are first liners.

60P in 82GP = 0.732 PPG

64 NHL forwards this past season matched this rate.

55P in 82GP = 0.671 PPG

86 NHL forwards this past season matched this rate.

30P in 82GP = 0.366 PPG

269 NHL forwards this past season matched this rate.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Becoming a 60 point player in today's NHL on a consistent basis is tough, yes. But I would bet my house on Lazar becoming closer to being a 60 point player than a 30 point player. There are so many NHL forwards who hit the 0.366 PPG rate because it included every player to play in the NHL at any amount of games played but we're making the assumption that Lazar will be an 82 GP player and that he will see a significant increase in QoT, PP TOI and ES TOI.

More conservatively, Lazar will consistently put up 50 points per season occasionally hitting 60 or more. But I severely doubt he'll be a consistent 30 point player. That would be like him capping and peaking at the age of 21. Makes no sense.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
A great number of people on here also said that Ryan was going to be a consistent 60 pt player or better & I'm still waiting on that to happen & he is considered the better goal scorer. Zibanejad is another guy who was suppose to be a big pt producer & we are still waiting on him to get into the 50s. I think Lazar is still a few yrs away from being anywhere near a 50 or 60 pt season & I also think it depends which position he plays & who his line mates will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad