Second Round: #1 Halifax vs. #13 Gatineau

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Only stayed for the first two periods last night. Other than the goals I found that one of the most boring hockey games I've seen at the metro centre in a long time. It was just Gatineau trying to knock the Moose off of their game and giving them PP's on stupid penalties. Hopefully tonight will be a lot better!

They were the most un-disciplined team in the reg season, so it's no surprise that we have had 19 PP opportunities in this series already.

The goals are fun to watch when they happen, but yeah, there's a lot of boring obstruction and attempts to get under the skin that never amount to anything exciting, so I could be talked into leaving early lol.

Chapmans a pretty dirty player too... Not surprised looking at his PIM totals, but he went down after a knee on knee and looked in massive pain until he saw Ciampini and took the legs out from under him ... First time I've heard the Metro center boo someone who had to be helped off the ice, but I can't say they were wrong to do so. Didn't miss a shift :laugh:

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Passionate activist, back up on his old grind
plans aren't mastered yet, but what I'm craftin' is a gold mine
the game is mine, it's no surprise, I told you guys
ask around, I'm Jackie Brown, I had it in the bag the whole time

wait what were we talking about? oh yeah... no disrespect intended to the Hull fan base but from my personal perspective, someone wake me up if/when these playoffs start to get interesting for Halifax. Hopefully I don't sleep in and miss my ride to Saskatoon.

Last edited:

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Another strong win by the Mooseheads. There powerplay however was poor tonight going 0 for 8. Fucale has only let in 4 goals in 6 games these playoffs.:amazed:

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Another strong win by the Mooseheads. There powerplay however was poor tonight going 0 for 8. Fucale has only let in 4 goals in 6 games these playoffs.:amazed:

Yep...

How common is a QMJHL team with 4 NHL drafted players on it, and another 5 that are nearly locked in draftees.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Gotta think Karma played a part tonight.

Emile Porier is there best player all night and nearly helps his team take the game to OT... then he takes the biggest, most embarrassing dive I've seen in a long time and it gets called somehow.

They almost played a respectable game tonight, but they're embarrassing themselves at the same time. When they actually played hockey and weren't being ****** they were keeping up.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
I'm having a good chuckle at the 3 Star selections... Gat loses and gets 1st and 3rd star. A case can be made for Poirier as one of them, but Reway got 3rd? He had 1 assist, was -1, and went 3 for 13 on faceoffs.

I hardly believe the Moose deserved 7 penalties, they don't play that undisciplined.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
Last night's game

Halifax dominated Gatineau from start to finish. The penalties were all justified and frankly very few missed calls so I would not call out the "Quebequois" refs. Halifax controlled the puck on the power play but Gatineau was patient and just let them pass it around the perimeter....there were two weak goals let in by Gatineau and they needed to dump and chase but refused to play that style it seemed. After three games of something not working and losing, one would think you would try something different.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Fournier with the hat trick!

And to think some were unhappy with him and thought he was going to be dealt at the deadline for someone like O'Brien.. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad