Second Round: #1 Halifax vs. #13 Gatineau

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Fournier was definitely the right choice when we had our pick of Victos 92's last summer ..... Not that this is news, I think we've said that all season, but what a great playoffs he's having.

On to the next one.

OMG

Mar 19, 2013
ref

ok was the reffing brutal both ways or one way? did you watch the games?I would say brutal both ways so that being said it was even! right?...and to the poster about drouin being tripped...yes he was tripped but it was the embellishment that got him 2 min...one thing with refs is don't embarass them cause they do have the power...watched all 4 games and i believe moose did have 24 pp with 2- 5 on 3's for the full two mins and a 5 min pp so i really think it is a mute point...moose one they were the better team

TA1 Sports

@TA_Stephenson
Dec 3, 2011
Halifax NS
www.ta1sports.com
watched all 4 games and i believe moose did have 24 pp with 2- 5 on 3's for the full two mins and a 5 min pp so i really think it is a mute point...moose one they were the better team

Well Gatineau is the most penalized team in the Q, so that's not really a great indication of how the refereeing was through out the series. The Halifax games were pretty average, no huge complaints.

Some of those Gatineau players are total jokes though, I sit between the benches and the amount of grease they were throwing at the Halifax players going to the bench was pretty nuts. Chapman, Emile Poirier, the usual suspects.

OMG

Mar 19, 2013
if your talking grease...i would just like to say that Fournier played great for the Mooose but I watch after the whistle...did he ever once go after Boutet or Number 5 noooo totally chirping 17 yr olds....and only then he would only do it when Boutet wasnt on the ice after Boutet pulled him out of a pile and asked him to go and he skated away....only two fights in last 2 yrs against his own age and one was when Boutet beat him up in Rimouski...so all players grease...dont think the moose arent the same

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
if your talking grease...i would just like to say that Fournier played great for the Mooose but I watch after the whistle...did he ever once go after Boutet or Number 5 noooo totally chirping 17 yr olds....and only then he would only do it when Boutet wasnt on the ice after Boutet pulled him out of a pile and asked him to go and he skated away....only two fights in last 2 yrs against his own age and one was when Boutet beat him up in Rimouski...so all players grease...dont think the moose arent the same

Why would Fournier want to play that game? Moose beat you up on the scoreboard.

Also there's a biiig difference between the Drouin "dive" and the Poirier dive. Poirier looked like he got hit by a sniper in the rafters.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

He was too busy beating them up on the scoreboard.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Any of you Halifax folks going to any memorial cup games? I'm getting tickets in advance so I'm kinda banking on/hoping for Hfx to win. I figure if they don't, it should still be a great time and hopefully Portland makes it. Would be really cool to see Jones/Mac/Jon all in the memorial cup, a scout's wet-dream... But I'd be thrilled to see at least one of those two teams. I would enjoy cheering Drakkar or Blainville on as well. Prob going to go to Sask for the 21st, the first day a Q team plays, come back that night or the next morning for work, and then leave again (towards Sask) on the 24th, and stay until after the finals on the 26th. Go home again that night or next morning for work.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
A sweep, as expected. We might even take the next one in 4 or 5. Has anyone ever went 16-0 :naughty:

I think there was a perfect team in the 70s. SJ went 16-1, but not 16-0.

Honestly, if we face the huskies in the next round I think we do sweep them.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
ok was the reffing brutal both ways or one way? did you watch the games?I would say brutal both ways so that being said it was even! right?...and to the poster about drouin being tripped...yes he was tripped but it was the embellishment that got him 2 min...one thing with refs is don't embarass them cause they do have the power...watched all 4 games and i believe moose did have 24 pp with 2- 5 on 3's for the full two mins and a 5 min pp so i really think it is a mute point...moose one they were the better team

I watched every game and I'd say the Olympiques got the short end of the stick in Halifax and the Mooseheads got the short end of the stick in Hull.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

I don't think there's many we can't sweep. Not saying we would sweep them all but just saying we could. We ran away with first by a long shot, 1 loss in 23 games while Mac and Drouin missed time.

TA1 Sports

@TA_Stephenson
Dec 3, 2011
Halifax NS
www.ta1sports.com
I don't think there's many we can't sweep. Not saying we would sweep them all but just saying we could. We ran away with first by a long shot, 1 loss in 23 games while Mac and Drouin missed time.

I certainly don't think we're sweeping Baie Comeau or BB. Even if possible, I don't want them to, better go 5 games, or 7, I want this win on home ice!!! :yo:

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Any of you Halifax folks going to any memorial cup games? I'm getting tickets in advance so I'm kinda banking on/hoping for Hfx to win. I figure if they don't, it should still be a great time and hopefully Portland makes it. Would be really cool to see Jones/Mac/Jon all in the memorial cup, a scout's wet-dream... But I'd be thrilled to see at least one of those two teams. I would enjoy cheering Drakkar or Blainville on as well. Prob going to go to Sask for the 21st, the first day a Q team plays, come back that night or the next morning for work, and then leave again (towards Sask) on the 24th, and stay until after the finals on the 26th. Go home again that night or next morning for work.

I really want to go... Not sure if I will commit/be able to in time .... Also, we (the Q) play the dub on the 18th, so the 21st isn't the first day a Q team plays I believe...

And I wouldn't cheer for BC, or Blainville.... No offense, but I would like to see my team win, not the one that also benefited from the MacKinnon deal lol.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I certainly don't think we're sweeping Baie Comeau or BB. Even if possible, I don't want them to, better go 5 games, or 7, I want this win on home ice!!! :yo:

Is it 2-3-2? Or the traditional way?

I'd love to see us play BC.. Competitve and a lot of storylines... I think a lot of Moose fans have been thinking this so I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself, but winning at home would be an incredible experience. When's the last time a Q team got to celebrate in front of 10,000+? It would be cool.

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Semi-Finals and Finals are 2-2-1-1-1 regardless of proximity between the 2 teams. If there is a scheduling conflict, the teams can switch it with approval of the commissioner. Even with the added playoff revenue, it must take a chunk of money to charter flights if you're Baie-Comeau, Blainville or Rouyn-Noranda.

I wonder if it costs more or less to charter an Air Canada Jazz flight than it does to just fly commercial. I was surprised when I learned the Mooseheads chartered a flight from Halifax to Ottawa and back. It's not like Rouyn-Noranda or Baie-Comeau where there's no commercial flights available.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax

Looking into it.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Is it 2-3-2? Or the traditional way?

I'd love to see us play BC.. Competitve and a lot of storylines... I think a lot of Moose fans have been thinking this so I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself, but winning at home would be an incredible experience. When's the last time a Q team got to celebrate in front of 10,000+? It would be cool.

I can tell you from first hand experience that there is NOTHING like experiencing your team win the league championship on home ice. Game 5 and an OT goal by Taylor Hall and the arena pretty much exploded! :yo:

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR

The Olympiques went 15-0 in 1985-86

Undefeated at the Bob this year.

:ghost2: :sarcasm:

As far as I know, you guys don't have a ghost, and our ghost wouldn't be dancing. :(

At least we got to see him for five games this year instead of two.

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The Olympiques went 15-0 in 1985-86

As far as I know, you guys don't have a ghost, and our ghost wouldn't be dancing. :(

At least we got to see him for five games this year instead of two.

We do have a ghost. His name is Sportsnet and he's quite evil. He might appear again on Friday April 26th if our next series goes 5 games. The Moose will have to bust this ghost if they have any shot at winning a Memorial Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad