Second Round: #1 Halifax vs. #13 Gatineau

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Sounds reasonable. Hull has always sucked at playoff hockey.

Hey Ducharme! You've got a great team! We're totally backing you for coach of the year...

While I still think it will be a Moose sweep, by no means will it be easy or any kind of cakewalk like Saint John was.

Game 1: 4-2 (EN)
Game 2: 2-1
Game 3: 3-2 (OT)
Game 4: 3-1

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Sounds reasonable. Hull has always sucked at playoff hockey.

Hey Ducharme! You've got a great team! We're totally backing you for coach of the year...

I sense sarcasm. Ducharme brought a team that was 16th palce in 2010-2011 to the semi-finals last year, And don't forget our record when our best players were at the world juniors.

Ducharme has the boys ready to play every night, no matter who is in/out of the lineup, hes not afraid to make players accountable, Mackinnon, Drouin and Frk have all been benched at times over the 2 seasons hes been at the helm.

I understand we have a great team, but Ducharme is a large part of that great team, he IS the best coach in the league.

EDIT-

As for my prediction, Halifax in 4 with 1 blowout.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Halifax in 5.

Game 1: 6-1 Gatineau
Game 2: 11-0 Halifax
Game 3: 13-0 Halifax
Game 4: 17-0 Halifax
Game 5: 4-3 OT Halifax

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
:laugh:

Can I hold you to this?

You seriously think you you'll win 13-0 and 17-0 at The Bob? Somebody has clearly never been to Hull.

I know, but I figured we'd stop playing after the 2nd to conserve energy.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I know, but I figured we'd stop playing after the 2nd to conserve energy.

Well, aren't we cocky? Seems to me that the best you could do to the Sea Dogs was 11-1 at the Metro Centre, and we're not the Sea Dogs. And The Bob is not Harbour Station.

But, if your team would like to believe that beating us is going to be a breeze, I sincerely hope that they take the ice with that attitude.

Not saying we will win, but I don't think your Têtes d'Orignaux have any idea of the hurricane they're about to fly into.

:ghost2:

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Well, aren't we cocky? Seems to me that the best you could do to the Sea Dogs was 11-1 at the Metro Centre, and we're not the Sea Dogs. And The Bob is not Harbour Station.

But, if your team would like to believe that beating us is going to be a breeze, I sincerely hope that they take the ice with that attitude.

Not saying we will win, but I don't think your Têtes d'Orignaux have any idea of the hurricane they're about to fly into.

:ghost2:
Well I caught one in my troll trap ... But with scores like 17-0 can you not tell I'm joking ;)

The Bob is a tough place to play, probably tops in the league, and that's why I gave you a game :). Ducharme isn't the kind of coach to come into a series with that attitude, he's incredible when it comes to getting the teams work ethic and preparation up ...

The last time the Moose went to the Finals was in 05 and had to pass through Gatineau in Round 2 ... The Moose managed to eek out two OT wins in Hull and came back to finish off the Piques in 5 ...

History repeats itself ... With a different team holding the trophy in the HMC though :)

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Well I caught one in my troll trap ... But with scores like 17-0 can you not tell I'm joking ;)

You wouldn't be the first Mooseheads fan I've encountered being that cocky tonight. Some of your fans are reminding me of the people predicting that the Sea Dogs would not only sweep us in the finals two years ago, but they'd shut us out in all four.

The Bob is a tough place to play, probably tops in the league, and that's why I gave you a game :).

:laugh: The game you 'gave' us was at the Metro Centre. ;)

Ducharme isn't the kind of coach to come into a series with that attitude, he's incredible when it comes to getting the teams work ethic and preparation up ...

And let Groulx's mindgames begin...

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
You wouldn't be the first Mooseheads fan I've encountered being that cocky tonight. Some of your fans are reminding me of the people predicting that the Sea Dogs would not only sweep us in the finals two years ago, but they'd shut us out in all four.

:laugh: The game you 'gave' us was at the Metro Centre. ;)

And let Groulx's mindgames begin...

Hardly being cocky ... Most Q followers believe the Moose will run over everyone in the Q, and no matter how hard/good the #13 team played in round 1, a team as deep as Halifax and can fill the net shouldn't have much trouble in the 2nd round ...

If you think fans predicting a 1 vs 13 sweep is cocky ... :dunno:

I love mindgames... Patrick Roy tried to play them last year :naughty:

DanltQC

Mar 23, 2013
Gatineau
Gatineau always surprise in the playoff, but they are playing against the best team. Going for Halifax in 6, will be a great ronde! Go Hull GO

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
So now Ducharme is the flavor of the year? Best coach in the league? Wait until he wins at least one President's cup people. The fella he's facing has some rings to prove his worth.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
So now Ducharme is the flavor of the year? Best coach in the league? Wait until he wins at least one President's cup people. The fella he's facing has some rings to prove his worth.

Doesn't matter how many rings he has ... It's for THIS season, where many think he's done the best job ... Where's Beausoleils rings? Why is he nominated :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad