Second Round: #1 Halifax vs. #13 Gatineau

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
I'm probably way off, but when Gatineau has the puck in the offensive zone, they should try to install their game instead of just shooting everytime and force plays that lead to nothing.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Gatineau was terrible. Out coached and outplayed in every aspect. I expected much more from them. Their discipline was embarrassing and ultimately cost them the game. They need to get a reality check before they show up tomorrow night.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Mooseheads win in a rout. *Yawn*

I expected Gatineau to be boring but in a different way... Screw you Rimouski I can't believe I have to endure another game of this cause you shat the bed. What a joke.

Maybe that's just the mental exhaustion from the idiot sitting behind me all game making me cranky.

Some of his gems-

The mooseheads team will be gutted next year but he sure hopes MacAulay and Fournier will be back for another season with the moose!
Mackinnon will not be drafted in the top 10. Yes. Ten.
Gatineau has none of the 4 players in the Q hes heard of on their team so the Mooseheads will win 20-0.
He'd rather have Steeves in net than Fucale because Steeves let in (at the time he said it) 4 goals but looked good to him, but Fucale is going to give up 3 weak ones and only face 10 shots.

What an *******. I hope this guy trips and breaks his face.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Mooseheads win in a rout. *Yawn*

I expected Gatineau to be boring but in a different way... Screw you Rimouski I can't believe I have to endure another game of this cause you shat the bed. What a joke.

Maybe that's just the mental exhaustion from the idiot sitting behind me all game making me cranky.

Some of his gems-

The mooseheads team will be gutted next year but he sure hopes MacAulay and Fournier will be back for another season with the moose!
Mackinnon will not be drafted in the top 10. Yes. Ten.
Gatineau has none of the 4 players in the Q hes heard of on their team so the Mooseheads will win 20-0.
He'd rather have Steeves in net than Fucale because Steeves let in (at the time he said it) 4 goals but looked good to him, but Fucale is going to give up 3 weak ones and only face 10 shots.

What an *******. I hope this guy trips and breaks his face.

Wow... Who is Steeves?

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Robert Steeves is Gatineau's starting goalie. He let in 6 goals on 25 shots tonight, and apparently that's better than Fucale's 20 save shutout...

Yes. and I had to listen to that guy for 2 hours straight. You'll have to forgive me because I'm feelin' a lil cranky after that. Bedtime, re-evaluate my opinion of the game tomorrow haha.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Yes. and I had to listen to that guy for 2 hours straight. You'll have to forgive me because I'm feelin' a lil cranky after that. Bedtime, re-evaluate my opinion of the game tomorrow haha.

Oh the joys of idiot Moosehead fans... tonight the old men behind me were rather tame and didn't mock Frk after the first 5 minutes of the game. Small victories lol. We (a bunch of people in my immediate area) have dubbed them "the Muppets".

Pretty academic from the start. Fucale had to be sharp in the 2nd a handful of time, but either than that it was all Moose.

Gatineau sure is dirty... they were targeting our guys heads all games.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Fun game tonight if your a Mooseheads fan. MacKinnon was moving the puck well and had a great game. Fournier and Frk both had strong games, thou Frk did take a couple of penalties. Can't say enough about Fucale he was great tonight and is having a excellent start to these 2013 playoffs. This team is going to be hard to beat in a 7 game series.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
In defense of Frk, both penalties were really weak. The first one for "cross checking" was him leaning on the defenseman going behind the net and the defenseman fell down. The second for "slashing" was hardly noticable and took place during a scrum, when in fact MacKinnon and the Gatineau player each landed gloved punches and should have both gone off for roughing.

Some of the calls tonight by the officials had me scratching my head. That full 5 on 3 we had was pretty weak calls on the Gatineau players when in fact the refs missed a pretty clear Chiampini high stick that drew the retaliation for the 1st penalty. Then in the 3rd when the game was out of reach, they were calling the Moose for some pretty weak penalties as well.

According to Palov, the 5 minute major was for a slash on Brendan Duke by the Gatineau player while Duke was on the bench after the play had stopped.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Yeah I saw the slash on Lewis, but I believe it was for slashing Duke while on the bench ... Confusing nonetheless.

Kind of expected us to win decidedly.. I figured Ducharme had beaten the message of "don't let the home opener happen again" into them, and it would be a fast start for Halifax... I think we all expected a better fight, but this teams depth is too much to handle for anyone .... First time all year we've been able to put in a healthy lineup (with MacAulay) and it showed tonight. Nice to have guys like Falkenham and Ryan on line 4.

Loud crowd too... The crowd, 50-50 increase each game, so I'll take it.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Oh the joys of idiot Moosehead fans... tonight the old men behind me were rather tame and didn't mock Frk after the first 5 minutes of the game. Small victories lol. We (a bunch of people in my immediate area) have dubbed them "the Muppets".

Pretty academic from the start. Fucale had to be sharp in the 2nd a handful of time, but either than that it was all Moose.

Gatineau sure is dirty... they were targeting our guys heads all games.

I thought they were statler and waldorf lol.

And most notably, Falkenham, the player coming back from a concussion had his head targeted the most IMO... Wasn't too, too bad though other than him.

MRM7

Mar 25, 2013
Only stayed for the first two periods last night. Other than the goals I found that one of the most boring hockey games I've seen at the metro centre in a long time. It was just Gatineau trying to knock the Moose off of their game and giving them PP's on stupid penalties. Hopefully tonight will be a lot better!

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
After sleeping on it I think Gatineau may be able to keep this one close if they can stay disciplined. They are trying (poorly) to bully the moose around out there and its not only been completely ineffective, but they shot themselves in the foot by taking penalties.

And Reway HAS to come off that point on the power play. Hes a MASSIVE liability. 3 shorthanded breakaways and they were all his fault. Coughs the puck up, gets pushed off it with ease and doesn't back check to save his own hide.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I'm all for Reway getting more ice time... Coughs it up a lot, and has been more of a liability. 3 minors tonight and gave a little salute to the crowd tonight lol.

Someone should have told Gatineau you have to sustain more than 10 seconds of pressure to yap and slash that much... Outside of Poirier and Hyka they had 5 shots on goal, and I haven't seen them get set-up in the offensive zone more than a handful of times so far.

Fun games, great atmosphere, and it will probably (once again) be the last home game for a few weeks... That sucks, but rest is nice, because at this point we will make quick work of Gatineau. Watching these two games I don't care how tough the Bob is, it's simply been domination.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: