Second Round: #1 Halifax vs. #13 Gatineau

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Stupid Question... but im trying to buy tickets for the games when they are here in Gatineau and cannot for the life of me figure out how to buy them on their website... keep getting sent to the same old page.. Can you not buy them online?

The hell if I know... Just call the ticket office. Ruth will help you out.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I figured it out right after I posted lol they have some weird reservation system on some french website... Good thing I'm bilingual! haha.

Yeah... I've tried to use 'Ovation' to buy tickets for road games before... I gave up and called the team in question's ticket office every time.

The worst was when the Huskies were playing out of the Jacques Laperrière, and Ovation wouldn't let you pick a seat at all. As often as not, it tries to pick seats for you, and that's just not acceptable. No, Ovation, I don't want to sit where you think the best available seats are... Why in the hell would I want to sit six rows up in the corner of the end where the Olympiques only shoot in the second? :rant:

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Yeah... I've tried to use 'Ovation' to buy tickets for road games before... I gave up and called the team in question's ticket office every time.

The worst was when the Huskies were playing out of the Jacques Laperrière, and Ovation wouldn't let you pick a seat at all. As often as not, it tries to pick seats for you, and that's just not acceptable. No, Ovation, I don't want to sit where you think the best available seats are... Why in the hell would I want to sit six rows up in the corner of the end where the Olympiques only shoot in the second? :rant:

I picked my own seats and was able to get Section 4 Row C... is that any good? lol

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I picked my own seats and was able to get Section 4 Row C... is that any good? lol

**cough**Brownnoser Section**cough** ;)

Section 4 is on the other side, but not far enough west to be lame. I can respect Section 4 well enough... I guess...

There's a Row C in Section 4? I guess that makes sense. There's a Row C in Section 10. I imagine you'll be right up against the glass behind one of the penalty boxes or the Olympiques bench.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
**cough**Brownnoser Section**cough** ;)

Section 4 is on the other side, but not far enough west to be lame. I can respect Section 4 well enough... I guess...

There's a Row C in Section 4? I guess that makes sense. There's a Row C in Section 10. I imagine you'll be right up against the glass behind one of the penalty boxes or the Olympiques bench.

What's the best section in your opinion? I still haven't picked out which tickets to buy.. just thought Section 4 looked like a good spot.. I've only ever been to 1 Gatineau game before so I have no idea.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
What's the best section in your opinion? I still haven't picked out which tickets to buy.. just thought Section 4 looked like a good spot.. I've only ever been to 1 Gatineau game before so I have no idea.

Sections 11 and 3 are the best as far as I'm concerned. Low numbered seats in Section 11, and high numbered seats in Section 3. They're along the side, but they're just inside the offensive blue line, so you get to see the Olympiques scoring right in front of you for two periods.

Section 6 is by far the worst. I can't imagine that 7 or 8 are much better... We sat in Section 6 once before we had season tickets. Standing room at the east end of the building (i.e. Sections 11-3) is better than sitting in Section 6.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Sections 11 and 3 are the best as far as I'm concerned. Low numbered seats in Section 11, and high numbered seats in Section 3. They're along the side, but they're just inside the offensive blue line, so you get to see the Olympiques scoring right in front of you for two periods.

Section 6 is by far the worst. I can't imagine that 7 or 8 are much better... We sat in Section 6 once before we had season tickets. Standing room at the east end of the building (i.e. Sections 11-3) is better than sitting in Section 6.

What if we want to see Halifax shoot twice? :sarcasm: as much as I like cheering for the home team... I'm goin with Hali with this one can't wait to see Drouin MacKinnon and Fucale in action.

hedgeway

Jan 1, 2010
Waterloo, ON
Dunno what happened with that slash, but apparently they're going to be talking to Bourret during the intermission on the Halifax radio station.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I know. I'm listening to it now and they're just talking about Rimouski. Damn, I'm curious.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Gatineau PP and Bourett was hovering offside when he gave Lewis a pretty hefty slash to the knee. Neither refs called it and play continued. The next stoppage a linesman came over and conferred with both refs. Then we see the 5 minute major on the board.

IMO its was a blatant attempt to injure and the major was justified. I don't believe it's worth a suspension though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad