Pre-Game Talk: Season opener @ Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Leafs have landed in enemy territory. :yo:

Serious question: do you get more excited for Christmas/Birthday's or Opening Night Puck Drop?

Festivals aside, I am more excited for opening night than my birthday.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
But Randy should utilize McClement more then just random shifts with goons. (I think he will)

Jay is a weird situation, he doesn't play a normal shift game.
He or any other #4C, never will under RC.

He is kind of a rover, takes defensive end draws, plays the PK, or any other line that needs a defensive boost. Also plays on a lockdown line at the end of the game.

The goons play their minutes, Jay does not.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
so stoked for this. Can't wait to watch Orr and Phaneuf crush some smurfs and watch Kessel and Kadri expose Price! GO LEAFS GO LETS HURT A SMURF!

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I know it's Game 1 of the season but I feel like it's a must win. Leafs start the season back to back and we usually suck (like most of the teams) on the 2nd game of a B2B.

1-1 is much better than 0-2. Better take advantage and win the first game.

The most overused saying in Sports. By far. You just prove it.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I know it's Game 1 of the season but I feel like it's a must win. Leafs start the season back to back and we usually suck (like most of the teams) on the 2nd game of a B2B.

1-1 is much better than 0-2. Better take advantage and win the first game.

The first game of the season is about as far from a "must win" as you can possibly get.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Probably looking for chemistry more than assigning position based on how they did at camp.

True, line combos mean not much at this point, but my little 0.02 prediction is that Raymond will be top 6 very quickly, Kulie's picture is in the dictionary under 3rd line checker.

iArts

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 3, 2010
Toronto,ON,Canada
It's good to be back

4ob1Ma7.gif

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
True, line combos mean not much at this point, but my little 0.02 prediction is that Raymond will be top 6 very quickly, Kulie's picture is in the dictionary under 3rd line checker.
Raymond is a LW
Kulemin is a RW

Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin is proven to work
Carter Ashton is a RW

JVR-Bozo-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Raymond-Bolland-Ashton

IMO is the clear way to go for game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events