Pre-Game Talk: Season opener @ Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

^ Sorry but 1st unit is usually out for 1:30 of the PP. Unless it carries forward to a 5-on-3, I don't see 2nd unit being that impactful as the 1st.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Having Kadri on 1st unit gives us everything we need on a PP

Kadri - creative forward who can pass puckto open personnel even while being closer to net.
JvR - big body net front presence that can provide a screen
Gardiner - QB the PP and distribute the puck
Phaneuf - a lethal shot that is dangerous on PP
Kessel - great wrist shot from the hash marks.

Bozak's only skill is faceoff and that won't help Leafs score on PP as much as Kadri's offensive awareness would.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kadri still not on the first PP would be a joke. It's as if we're purposely employing a terrible PP.

Love Bozak's game but he's not suited for the PP, at all.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Habs playing Parros-Prust-Moen works to our advantage. Makes the rest of their lineup smaller.

I agree. Prust should be playing higher up than the 4th line to offset the softness in the lineup. Right now they just have 1 line of tough guys that probably won't play much because Parros drags them down and then 3 lines of softies and/or small guys. It would've made perfect sense to not sign Briere, play Prust in a top 9 role and just put someone like Bournival or Halpern on the 4th line.

And somehow most Habs fans think their team is so much tougher this year and won't be pushed around when they have the exact same core of small/soft players (and 1 more added in Briere) and only added another 13th FW/7th D. All these guys are doing is taking lineup spots that would have been filled with tough guys like White and Tinordi anyway. With all the top 6/9 big and physical guys available like Clowe, Iginla, Penner, Morrow, Clarkson, Horton, etc. I can't believe they didn't push for one and signed another midget in Briere.

Last edited:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Did Bolland ever get any PP time in Chicago? I know he's not an offensive dynamo but he may better than Bozie

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Murray s replacements doing just fine..

Good luck guys, hoping for a good game

Forgot Tinordi made the roster. Kid will be a stud, but there will be a learning curve coming to the NHL.

Did Bolland ever get any PP time in Chicago? I know he's not an offensive dynamo but he may better than Bozie

We'll see how that works out. Bolland can be pretty inconsistent offensively, but he's a tough player to play against.

TMLer

I was saying boo-urns
Feb 11, 2013
Ottawa
Sure hope Reimer gets the start. I guess it's looking like he will. Would be pretty sh*tty to start Bernier. Reims brought us to the playoffs.

Anyways, can't wait. Always a great atmosphere at the Bell Centre.

Go Leafs!
ivHG4wrW0gWGy.gif
:laugh:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Last year:

PP/TOI g
2:28 - Bolland - 14 total points in 35 games
3:33 - Clarkson - 24 total points in 48 games
0:25 - Kulemin - 23 total points in 48 games

Awesome, thanks. What website do you use to find these?

EDIT : Assuming you use Rotowire, Bozak's stats were as follows:

3:19 - Bozak - 9 total points in 46 games.

Yeesh, those are some brutal numbers.

SECOND EDIT : Nevermind, I only included Bozie's powerplay points. He had 9 PPP last year, compared to Phil's 21.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve 5m
Habs seem well prepared for Randy Carlyle's Leafs. They are using a line of Parros-Prust-Moen in today's practice.

Should be a good one!

Orr vs. Parros
Bodie vs Prust
Ashton vs Moen

Fraser gets sloppy seconds

Giddy up

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Just wanted to wish y'all a good game. Leafs are a solid team on the upswing. Best of luck and let's hope for an exciting game.

DogsFan*

Orr vs. Parros
Bodie vs Prust
Ashton vs Moen

Fraser gets sloppy seconds

Giddy up

Carter Ashton?? He didn't seem to me like a fighter.. especially one to fight a guy like Moen. I honestly hope there aren't many fights, unless they're involved in the game. Fights that start from scrums, etc. I hate fights like Orr vs Parros.. what's the point? Both players have no effect on the outcome. I think this will be a really good game to be honest. Habs fast dynamic offense vs Leafs D, and rugged Leafs offense vs Montreals (Lacklustre at the moment) D.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I know it's Game 1 of the season but I feel like it's a must win. Leafs start the season back to back and we usually suck (like most of the teams) on the 2nd game of a B2B.

1-1 is much better than 0-2. Better take advantage and win the first game.

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
Let's get the season goiingg!

Will be be at the game, hope to see many other leafs fans in attendance :handclap:

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Serious question: do you get more excited for Christmas/Birthday's or Opening Night Puck Drop?

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Carter Ashton?? He didn't seem to me like a fighter.. especially one to fight a guy like Moen. I honestly hope there aren't many fights, unless they're involved in the game. Fights that start from scrums, etc. I hate fights like Orr vs Parros.. what's the point? Both players have no effect on the outcome. I think this will be a really good game to be honest. Habs fast dynamic offense vs Leafs D, and rugged Leafs offense vs Montreals (Lacklustre at the moment) D.

Yeah I agree with you. I'd rather just watch a nice back and forth hockey game for a full 60 minutes. The odd fight is entertaining from time to time, but the staged ones are stupid.

BurnsBlue

Jun 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
How do people still get his name wrong?

Should be a good one, hopefully we can start off with a W because the second game will be tough playing back to back.

A joke right? There are people here that couldn't spell Hal gill correctly if their lives depended on it, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad