Confirmed with Link: Samuel Johannesson has signed with the Blues

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Last edited:
Reactions: The Electrician

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Interesting decision to sign a guy who may be seen as a more offense type than a strong defender. Not that he can't defend, but just from initial reports, they spoke to his offensive ability. RH shot defenseman, maybe this is competition for Kessel and/or they are going to trade or let some guys in the AHL walk. Right now they have WAY too many players on D - 16 players signed currently (5 need contracts).

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Meanwhile a live shot of the Blues scouting department meeting:
st-louis-blues-happy.gif

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
A D-man under 6'3? The Fanbase isn't going to like this.

The fan base is dumb then. Its a super low cost move. Just takes a contract spot. We still have 10 more contract spots after our UFAs expire plus whichever ones are exempt from the limit. Hopefully we are moving on from Perunoovich, and he is a better defensive version of Scotty. Don't know much about him, but whatever, its a low cost move.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
The fan base is dumb then. Its a super low cost move. Just takes a contract spot. We still have 10 more contract spots after our UFAs expire plus whichever ones are exempt from the limit. Hopefully we are moving on from Perunoovich, and he is a better defensive version of Scotty. Don't know much about him, but whatever, its a low cost move.
I'm mainly just messing around. Tho, I am expecting some people's to call him a midget at some point.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I mean, the size thing does matter. Unless we are trading both Krug and Perunovich, he probably shouldn’t be sniffing the roster. If he’s just in the AHL though, then whatever.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I mean, the size thing does matter. Unless we are trading both Krug and Perunovich, he probably shouldn’t be sniffing the roster. If he’s just in the AHL though, then whatever.

But thats the thing. Its an ELC. The contract is completely buriable and he is waiver exempt. If we can't carry 3 small D, we waive the worst one.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Here's some of his offensive highlights I can find from 22-23

Again like the forward we signed today, I'd expect him to be in the AHL with this being his first North American season. In both cases, its a low risk, high reward signing. Worst case scenario we boost Springfield's depth for a Calder Cup run.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Here's some of his offensive highlights I can find from 22-23

Again like the forward we signed today, I'd expect him to be in the AHL with this being his first North American season. In both cases, its a low risk, high reward signing. Worst case scenario we boost Springfield's depth for a Calder Cup run.

I'm sold. An entire 2 minute video where he didn't get injured? This is Scotty P's replacement.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
He's a righthand shot, so he has that going for him. He's probably going to be Dylan Coghlan and / or Joseph Duszak's replacement at Springfield. They only have 2 RHD's signed at the moment with Skinner and Biakabutuka where the latter mostly played in the ECHL. They are stacked with LHD's though (Lööf, Malmström, Gaudet, Buchinger and potentially even Lindstein).

Reactions: mk80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad