Scoreboard watching - or - the pursuit of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The prices for tickets for Thursday are crazy. PSL holders used to be able to buy extras at their reduced season ticket rate(around $45 for upper bowl). Now the CBJ only give around a $10 discount off face value and no TM fees Surprised that upper bowls nose bleed seats at face value are $86 plus TM fees. I got club seats for that price for the December Pens game last season.
When I purchased my season tickets I specifically got the package I did for this game. And I have to admit around January or so I was getting really bummed that the game might not really mean anything as we might have fallen out of the playoffs. But this is exactly the reason I wanted this game. Both teams are going to be playing for home ice. And it's going to be a playoff atmosphere for sure inside.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I know as a CBJ fan, I can’t say much when it comes to attendance (the first 12 years or so of this franchise).. but the Panthers are still in the playoff race, fighting for their lives and this is what they get night in and night out. I’ve raved about BB&T Center on HF before. One of my favorite arenas away from Nationwide Arena that I’ve been to.. but come on. They deserve better.

33z5kkl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Welp, 3 points it shall be.

Way too premature on this one, chief. You posted this at the start of the second period... relax, let the game play out.

Canes just tied it and have tripled the Panthers shot total for this period.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I know as a CBJ fan, I can’t say much when it comes to attendance (the first 12 years or so of this franchise).. but the Panthers are still in the playoff race, fighting for their lives and this is what they get night in and night out. I’ve raved about BB&T Center on HF before. One of my favorite arenas away from Nationwide Arena that I’ve been to.. but come on. They deserve better.

33z5kkl.jpg

Main difference is, when our seats were empty we ducked. The Panthers are in the last week of the season, very much alive.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Way too premature on this one, chief. You posted this at the start of the second period... relax, let the game play out.

Canes just tied it and have tripled the Panthers shot total for this period.

I know you love picking battles with me and nitpicking things I say, but..

3 points it shall be, chief.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

33z5kkl.jpg

I might be going to the predators Panthers game tomorrow night. I wouldn't expect many more in attendance. What does the crowd look like? 5000?i'm probably being generous with that number.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
But they are not in Miami, they are in Sunrise which is in the middle of the Everglades. It baffles me why they put that arena in that location.

I seem to recall they wanted to put it in the exurbs in an attempt to cater to the crowd that refuses to go downtown for a Marlins or Heat game.

I'll see if I can find the article where I read this.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
We went to the Nov CBJ game in Sunrise. It’s a beautiful arena. I have never seen ushers so on guard about folks moving seats. We were in the Club section, but watched with fascination at the ushers hawking it all night to ensure the lower bowl seats were accurately assigned. ( and overwhelmingly empty)
Their all inclusive club section was pretty nice, I’ll admit!

Reactions: CBJSTH

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
We went to the Nov CBJ game in Sunrise. It’s a beautiful arena. I have never seen ushers so on guard about folks moving seats. We were in the Club section, but watched with fascination at the ushers hawking it all night to ensure the lower bowl seats were accurately assigned. ( and overwhelmingly empty)

Yup. I sat club for 40 dollars last season down in Sunrise. Was awesome. Not to mention the green umbrella things outside the arena made me feel like I was in a Twilight Zone episode.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

That's one thing I think the Canes are doing right. If nobody is sitting in the lower bowl, let people move down. At least give the illusion of being somewhat full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad