Scoreboard watching - or - the pursuit of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I like CBJ's schedule vs. Pens schedule. Pens do have the game in hand, but they've looked shaky lately with losses to NYR and NYI. Five of their 8 remaining games are against divisional teams fighting for seeding and playoff lives in PHI, NJDx2, CBJ and Caps. They also have 2 back-to-backs remaining vs. 0 for CBJ.

Other than the Pens, the only other CBJ remaining opponent with something to fight for are the Blues tomorrow night. Blues had 9 losses in 10 games in Feb/Early March, but since then have won 6 of last 7 games. Now they are only out of playoffs by 3 points. One scheduling benefit is that the Blues have a home game tonight, so they're coming to NWA on 2nd night of a back to back and losing an hour on the time zone change doing so.

For 2nd seed, CBJ will likely need to beat Pens in regulation on the 5th and pick up 1 more point than Pens in remaining games due to Pens owning tie-breaker. So, if Pens go 5-3-0 with one of those losses in regulation to CBJ, then CBJ would need to go 5-1-1 overall. Philly would likely need to go 6-0-1 in that scenario with a regulation win over Pens to finish 2nd in Metro or 6-1-0 to pass Pens for 3rd.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I want the pens in the 1st still. I genuinely have 0 fear playing them and watching them smugly try and excuse their way out of why they lost would fuel like 5 years of hockey happiness for me.
**** the Pens!!!! Hate those bastards with a passion. Would love to see CBJ sweep their smug asses knock them off their pedestal. **** them and their bandwagon fans!

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
It might to be much to ask the Canadiens to help us out...I think their fan-base and even announcers are fully embracing a tank, maybe not the players. I was watching a condensed game between the Habs and Panthers... First, they have Anti Niemi in net :laugh:. Second, Carey Price had returned as a backup, skating on the ice... The analyst said "The canadiens created quite a stir this morning by having Carey Price skating this morning. Fans are upset and wondering what the point is, if he comes back healthy and wins a couple games for us and hurts our draft selection"

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Blues playing the Canucks tonight.
They’ll come into tomorrow night’s game on the second half of a back to back against us.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Matt Murray looks like a rat. Marchand still holds that championship, but still Murray is one ugly mofo.

I think the Jackets light his ****ing ass up in the playoffs

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
Hope the devils can hold onto this lead. Pens defense and goaltending looks below average. I want them in the first round, us as a 2 seed (assuming caps can’t be caught)

That offense will alaways be dangerous though. I think Bob plays well in the playoffs this year, he’s been stellar the past 10

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Bob is as streaky as they come. Hopefully he keeps trending up, at least through the first round.

I think Pittsburgh shot themselves in the foot at the deadline. They only had three good defensemen, and one of them plays for us now.

I don't even know if their offense, talented as it is, can overcome their lack of depth on defense and now in goal

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Well, with the way we're playing right now, I'm not worried about the Devils anymore. So if it IS a 3-pointer, I'm OK with Pittsburgh only getting one.

Not ideal, but I'd take it.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Red-Siren-Animated.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events