Jan 18, 2014
Why anyone wanted nj to beat pitt..now were in trouble.Just get in
...its going to be hard now

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Why anyone wanted nj to beat pitt..now were in trouble.Just get in
...its going to be hard now

Alright, let's look at our schedule and compare it to who is chasing us.

CBJ - 6 GMS - 89 Points - 38 ROW

@ EDM
@ CGY
@ VAN
DET
PIT
NSH

PHI - 7 GMS - 88 Points - 36 ROW

@ PIT
@ DAL
@ COL
BOS
@ NYI
CAR
NYR

NJD - 7 GMS - 86 Points - 34 ROW

CAR
PIT
NYI
@ MTL
NYR
TOR
@ WSH

FLA - 9 GMS - 83 Points - 35 ROW

@ NYI
@ TOR
@ OTT
@ BOS
CAR
NSH
BOS
BUF
@ BOS

Hypothetically, Let's be the most realistically pessimistic person ever for the CBJ, and say they only win 2 of their final 6 games against Vancouver and Detroit. That puts them at 93 points with 38 ROW. That means to pass us the Flyers have to win 3 games in their final 7, Devils need to win 4 games in their final 7, and Panthers need to win at least 5 of their final 9 (all in regulation or OT) to pass us.

Yes, it's very possible to miss. It's unlikely, but so was winning 10 games. And this is almost the absolutely most realistically negative scenario because I don't see us losing out. But yeah, it'll be tough to miss...but...

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

@ EDM
@ CGY
@ VAN
DET
PIT
NSH

@ PIT
@ DAL
@ COL
BOS
@ NYI
CAR
NYR

CAR
PIT
NYI
@ MTL
NYR
TOR
@ WSH

@ NYI
@ TOR
@ OTT
@ BOS
CAR
NSH
BOS
BUF
@ BOS

Hypothetically, Let's be the most realistically pessimistic person ever for the CBJ, and say they only win 2 of their final 6 games against Vancouver and Detroit. That puts them at 93 points with 38 ROW. That means to pass us the Flyers have to win 3 games in their final 7, Devils need to win 4 games in their final 7, and Panthers need to win at least 5 of their final 9 (all in regulation or OT) to pass us.

Yes, it's very possible to miss. It's unlikely, but so was winning 10 games. And this is almost the absolutely most realistically negative scenario because I don't see us losing out. But yeah, it'll be tough to miss...but...

One of the best posts you've ever made.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Edmonton could be a difficult one.

McDavid is gunning for the Art Ross and all systems are go with the game's best player. 2 goals already tonight and 15g 15a in his last 18. The boy is en fuego.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

@ EDM
@ CGY
@ VAN
DET
PIT
NSH

@ PIT
@ DAL
@ COL
BOS
@ NYI
CAR
NYR

CAR
PIT
NYI
@ MTL
NYR
TOR
@ WSH

@ NYI
@ TOR
@ OTT
@ BOS
CAR
NSH
BOS
BUF
@ BOS

Now for my prediction

EDM: L
CGY: W
VAN: W
DET: W
PIT: OTL
NSH: L

3-2-1. 7 points. 96 points

PHI

PIT: W
DAL: W
COL: L
BOS: L
NYI: W
CAR: W
NYR: W

5-2-0. 10 points. 98 points

NJD

PIT: W
MTL: W
NYR: W
TOR: L
WSH: L

5-2-0. 10 points. 96 points

FLA

TOR: L
OTT: W
BOS: L
NSH: L
BOS: W
BUF: W
BOS: W

6-3-0. 12 points. 95 points.

1. TB
2. BOS
3. TOR

1. PIT
2. WSH
3. PHI

WC1 CBJ
WC2 NJD

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Now for my prediction
1. PIT
2. WSH
3. PHI

WC1 CBJ
WC2 NJD
Math is not working with final standings, Pitt is losing to Devils and Philly and still wins Metro? If they win other 5 it gives them 10 points and final 100, But you have 99p Philly as 3rd. So it means Caps will go 1-5-1 to be under 100. Not happening. Caps are winning metro.

Reactions: CBJSTH

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Math is not working with final standings, Pitt is losing to Devils and Philly and still wins Metro? If they win other 5 it gives them 10 points and final 100, But you have 99p Philly as 3rd. So it means Caps will go 1-5-1 to be under 100. Not happening. Caps are winning metro.

You right

Reactions: CBJSTH

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Let's hope today's Flyers and Penguins game ends in regulation today. But, I think I'm pulling for the Penguins.
latest

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Hold your nose and root for the Pens. If Philly wins, the pearl-clutching amongst some posters here will go into overdrive.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
3-2 Pens middle of 2nd

Tbh idgaf who wins. Hate these scenarios. Either Philly wins and leapfrogs us, or ****sburg moves ahead by 3 points.

Ugh I hate these kind of games. Such an annoying scenario. It’s lose/lose. Just hope whoever wins does it in regulation

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
One of the best posts you've ever made.

I agree on all parts, however the fat lady ain't singing yet, she may be warming up but we have some points to get. With that said the way the Blue Jackets played last night even in the loss was the first time that I can say this team can play post season hockey. No one wants to play us when it counts. That is a scary unrelenting team that has confidence in itself. And they are young & have stamina and depth. Lets GO Jackets!!!

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Let's hope today's Flyers and Penguins game ends in regulation today. But, I think I'm pulling for the Penguins.

Root for Pitt in a 2 point game so we don't get closer to the edge, I would say cliff but that may be a trigger word around here.

Hold your nose and root for the Pens. If Philly wins, the pearl-clutching amongst some posters here will go into overdrive.

I thought most everyone was afraid of playing Pens and wanted to play Caps. What happened to those people? They should be hoping for Flyers win in OT so CBJ hold solid WC1 spot.

I’m personally pulling for Philly in regulation. Keep Pens in sight.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I thought most everyone was afraid of playing Pens and wanted to play Caps. What happened to those people? They should be hoping for Flyers win in OT.

I’m personally pulling for Philly in regulation. Keep Pens in sight.
For the sake of falling from #3 in metro i guess, because if we will.
ClutchingPearls-25461_200x200.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad