Injury Report: Schmaltz won't be on Leafs/Habs road trip (upper body injury)

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Allow me to clarify. On the old board if I liked what a person posted and did not have anything to add, I would usually reply with a one-word post, simply "Agreed". Now it isn't necessary. I simply click "like".

It's increased the comedic factor too, which I like. Though some people try too hard and it looks stupid tho still funny in its own way.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Allow me to clarify. On the old board if I liked what a person posted and did not have anything to add, I would usually reply with a one-word post, simply "Agreed". Now it isn't necessary. I simply click "like".
Imagine if there was a "like" button for your wife. Life would be a lot easier. Instead of getting into a long drawn out conversation, you can just push, 'like.' Of course, if you don't always click it, she'll wonder why ... that's trouble. While we think it's simpler, it gets far more complicated. :)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Imagine if there was a "like" button for your wife. Life would be a lot easier. Instead of getting into a long drawn out conversation, you can just push, 'like.' Of course, if you don't always click it, she'll wonder why ... that's trouble. While we think it's simpler, it gets far more complicated. :)

:laugh:

That would be... interesting...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
on a total side note, i just am amaze, sometimes when someone post the like button. i have always thought i was really radical in my opinions on things, all things that i do not agree with.

i am completely dumbfounded at those numbers.

:huh::huh:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Charlie Sheen had the right solution with two simple words "I understand". At least it worked on TV. ;)

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Yeah, it's good to talk sometimes though.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Schmaltz is skating this morning so that is a good sign overall.

That is definitely good to see. I'm assuming he's going through all the concussion protocols with that news. Cleared to skate, but not cleared for contact. In the next day or so he'll be cleared for contact, and he'll play Saturday. :thumbu:

No reason to rush him back, either. It's 4 games into the season. I'd be ok with him missing Saturday too.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
That is definitely good to see. I'm assuming he's going through all the concussion protocols with that news. Cleared to skate, but not cleared for contact. In the next day or so he'll be cleared for contact, and he'll play Saturday. :thumbu:

No reason to rush him back, either. It's 4 games into the season. I'd be ok with him missing Saturday too.
If "upper body" is code word for brain, I'd sit him Saturday too. Let's not take any risks. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Can someone explain to me what is "shiner" :huh:

Yeah I'm Finnish, still.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Can someone explain to me what is "shiner" :huh:

Yeah I'm Finnish, still.

Black eye.

220px-Black_Eye_01.jpg

Reactions: migi

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Was hoping he'd be playing tonite. Hawks have looked of - particularly 88 - with Schmaltz out of the line up.

Kane is good for a few of those 'I'm disinterested' games every season. Unfortunately after such a blazing start the first two, he's looked that way for these last two.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Hopefully he comes back vs. Preds, it's hard watching that Kane line right now.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hopefully he comes back vs. Preds, it's hard watching that Kane line right now.

It would be great to have him back, but one player shouldn't be making THIS much of a difference.

The makeup of that line needs to change without Schmaltz there. If he's not ready to go, then one of Hartman or AA needs to be moved off. You can't have only one play-maker on that line, it's too easy to shut down.

Sometimes a player goes down, it's as easy as swapping in another guy to fill the hole. Sometimes it requires a realignment of the skillsets on that line, and that means moving more than one player around.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
It would be great to have him back, but one player shouldn't be making THIS much of a difference.

The makeup of that line needs to change without Schmaltz there. If he's not ready to go, then one of Hartman or AA needs to be moved off. You can't have only one play-maker on that line, it's too easy to shut down.

Sometimes a player goes down, it's as easy as swapping in another guy to fill the hole. Sometimes it requires a realignment of the skillsets on that line, and that means moving more than one player around.
How we haven't put Cat with Kane yet puzzles me, especially with Schmaltz out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad