Post-Game Talk: #ScheifeleDown Wins it for the Jets 2-1 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't keep track of who is who on here, but doesn't Noel get slaughtered on here day after day for mixing up the lines. Nothing like a win in this fickle ol' world I guess.

My statement was supporting status quo by keeping Scheif exactly where he has been for a while?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Surely you can see there is a difference between constructing strong lines and relentlessly juggling them in-game?

Apparently not. :laugh: LLW and the third line have been consistent. 2nd line has been consistent, other than Kane, and I feel that it has functioned better as a whole without Kane, though it's difficult to draw conclusions from a few games. 3rd and 4th have been consistent, other than a couple of pressbox shuffles. As you state, it's the in-game juggling that gets a bit chaotic.

Hypothetically: imagine Kane on a line with Wright - he creates his own offense anyway, so I don't see the harm. You'd have a good first in LLW, a 2A and a 2B/3 line, and the Kane line.

:dunno:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Apparently not. :laugh: LLW and the third line have been consistent. 2nd line has been consistent, other than Kane, and I feel that it has functioned better as a whole without Kane, though it's difficult to draw conclusions from a few games. 3rd and 4th have been consistent, other than a couple of pressbox shuffles. As you state, it's the in-game juggling that gets a bit chaotic.

Hypothetically: imagine Kane on a line with Wright - he creates his own offense anyway, so I don't see the harm. You'd have a good first in LLW, a 2A and a 2B/3 line, and the Kane line.

:dunno:

Kane-Wright-Peluso would be interesting. I don't think Tangradi would bring much to that line, he's always a stride behind where he needs to be to make any kind of difference when he doesn't have the puck, and playing with Kane he won't have the puck much.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
For the record, Noel is not the first coach to put Thorburn with offensive players. Some how, his game can transition with those type of players. Probably because of simplicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad